Cadillac Owners Forum banner
16K views 113 replies 27 participants last post by  PAULSTSMAN1 
#1 ·
I saw the preview of the all new 2007 Imperial, today. It will be unveiled September, 2006. It will be Sandy's next new car, and I have a waiting buyer for my 2003 Town Car that has 7,700 miles on it now, and should have 11,000 in Sept. '07.
Rolls Royce Phaeton "A" - "B" & "C" pillars, very similar taillamps and a very similiar headlight/grille and front fender configuration, with Suicide doors and a R.R. roofline. Will be black. Interior, depends what is available....
1st choice = White leather
2nd choice = Black Leather
3rd choice = Red Leather

I am afraid it will be very very expensive, as it LOOKS that way....
A masterful job of copy-ism ! :thumbsup:

#29 ·
dbdartman said:
Virgil Exner on LSD interprates Cadillac's Art & Science design? :hmm:
ROTFLMAO!

I'll reserve judgement until I see more pictures. Like the idea of bringing back a great name, especially if it's done right.

Now GM, build the Sixteen, dammit!

I~LUV~Caddys8792 said:
What was so wrong with the 1990-93 Imperials?? The only problem I see with them is they are K-car based.
Just my opinion, but those 1990-93 Imperials were one of the tackiest cars of recent memory. I haven't seen so much chrome slapped onto a car since the '58 Buick and Oldsmobile. Their K-car heritage make them even more insulting to the Imperial name.

#30 ·
Were the 90-93's reliable cars? Did they have any major problems? Or is it that they are tacky, bland looking cars?
They had very nice looking seats with a full digital dash, which I like :)

#32 ·
They were very reliable cars, but their downfall was that they were built on a stretched K-Car platform, which while of course waaay better than a K-Kar, they had inheirant limitations, and that they were front wheel drive ... but so were the Caddies of the day, remember. Secondly, they were too narrow and looked kinda pinched ) ( ~ I think the "Imperial-Buyers" stayed away from them, as well. It was the only series (1990-1993) that even we didn't purchase, switching to Cadillac (my 1993 Sixty Special).

#33 ·
Sandy said:
It looks in person, looooooonger than that picture!! The fold in the magazine has taken with it some length. It's about 8 inches longer than a 300. Chassis is 6 inches longer than the 300. I'd estimate it to be the length of the Cadillac STS (2005), perhaps 1 to 2 inches longer, no more. Not sure butI think the price will be in the $53,000 range. Which HEMI it will have, also unsure. Will the SRT-8 be standard? Optional, or Not Available, is unknown.
No, I will never get rid of my Sixty Special, not to worry !! It would be the '03 Town Car. This Imperial should ONLY be made in black, white, cream, deep emerald, dark dark brown, dark grey (charcoal), or navy. Someone needs to put a picnic basket in the trunk !
The 300 already is bigger then the STS is so the Imperial should be even longer then that. The only thing I read about the new Imperials said that Accubuilt is going to make them.

I like those 1990s Imperials. They look nice and they're really cofortable inside. They have a lot of neat things that even Cadillacs didn't have.

#35 ·
Sandy said:
They were very reliable cars, but their downfall was that they were built on a stretched K-Car platform, which while of course waaay better than a K-Kar, they had inheirant limitations, and that they were front wheel drive ... but so were the Caddies of the day, remember. Secondly, they were too narrow and looked kinda pinched ) ( ~ I think the "Imperial-Buyers" stayed away from them, as well. It was the only series (1990-1993) that even we didn't purchase, switching to Cadillac (my 1993 Sixty Special).
K Car was reliable? I don't think so. The K car had problems with their transmissions and engines (they were, I believe mitsubishi built). The 90-93 looked nice and always reminded me of an oldsmobile 98, but they lack independent rear suspension which the olds, buick, and cad had.

#36 ·
Sandy said:
I saw the preview of the all new 2007 Imperial, today. It will be unveiled September, 2006. It will be Sandy's next new car
Omigod Sandy, I saw the magazine too and please tell me you're not serious - why would you want a vehicle that's such an obvious ripoff of another car?? And the proportions are COMPLETELY wrong: it looks like it's about eight feet long and as if it weighs about 40,000 pounds - so you're really kidding, right? Right??

#38 ·
Sandy, where can I see the real car??

#39 ·
Sandy said:
I think of those as a car that competes with the deVilles for features and amenities with a drivetrain that competes with the Park Aves/ Ninety Eights.

Actually, now that I think about it, that car would be very similar to the 1990-93 Lincoln Continental, but about $4000 less new MSRP.

#41 ·
I~LUV~Caddys8792 said:
Sandy, where can I see the real car??
Ahhhh, truthfully ~ you can't. Well, perhaps *IF* your parents had owned 22 consecutive Imperials, Chrysler Corporate Stock and Stock Options, your Uncle had been an ICP dealer and you yourself had sold ICP for many years and knew well placed "Hoy Paahloy" (hebrew, for VIPs) in the company yesterday (meaning in the last couple of years) as well at present...well then you'd have a shot. Remember this:

(Sadly) Mother MOPAR is no longer really American, but German-American, and on its own has been really making the $$$$ over the last decade, and has the benefit of wealthy Mercedes Benz financial piggy bank, and have been investing heavily in ~HOT~ product. Pacifica, Crossfire, Magnum, Charger, 300C, The SRT-4 Neon, the SRT-8 trio, the SRT-10 Dodge Ram Truck, an All new Sebring for '07, All new Durango last year, etc, etc.
Bringing back the HEMI and more to come! {Supercharged 6.1 Hemi, maybe :rolleyes: ) ~ so...... if they are going to Re-Introduce the Imperial.....
They ARE going to do it correctly. You will be impressed. I am not too keen on the color choices, in some instances....otherwise, she'll be black over black, perhaps cream piping........and a cream pin stripe.

#42 ·
Will it be at the 2006 Detroit Autoshow perhaps??

Also, will it be an Imperial, or a Chrysler Imperial?

Gee, I'm so excited about this!!!
It's not everyday a luxury nameplate comes back from the abyss!
What's next, the LaSalle??

#43 ·
There is a very good chance it will be at that show .... :rolleyes:
BTW....
It was NEVER a Chrysler Imperial, it was ALWAYS just "Imperial" ~ Well....
Imperial Custom
Imperial Crown
Imperial LeBaron.

The MSO (Manufacturer's Statement of Origin) which was the paper from
where the Statement of Ownership (title) was created, ALWAYS said:
I M P E R I A L.....Never ever Chrysler Imperial ! :helpless:

#44 ·
Really?!
I thought for the 1990-93's that they were a Chrysler because they in the 1990 Chrysler full line catalog.

I always thought that they had really cool hood ornaments with the crystal and whatnot.

#46 ·
Yeah I liked Chrysler from 1957-1971, then I didnt like htem from 72-about 94, but since 94 I have liked a few of their cars.

#48 ·
I~LUV~Caddys8792 said:
Yeah I liked Chrysler from 1957-1971, then I didnt like htem from 72-about 94, but since 94 I have liked a few of their cars.
I agree in this, I have only dealt with very few of Chryslers cars, but the 1996-now cars seem to be nicer than previous stone age mobiles.

I like the 1998 Concorde, hte 2002 300M and a few others, nice looking cars, I got a Concorde as a rental once when I was in Florida, seemed like a good car, and we did quite a few miles in it too.

#49 ·
Sandy said:
There is a very good chance it will be at that show .... :rolleyes:
BTW....
It was NEVER a Chrysler Imperial, it was ALWAYS just "Imperial" ~ Well....
Imperial Custom
Imperial Crown
Imperial LeBaron.
The MSO (Manufacturer's Statement of Origin) which was the paper from
where the Statement of Ownership (title) was created, ALWAYS said:
I M P E R I A L.....Never ever Chrysler Imperial ! :helpless:
I sure was MARKETED as a Chrysler though. And built by Chrysler. I've never heard anything other than it being a Chrysler.

#51 ·
Chrysler really had it going in the late '50s when Virgil Exner was the lead designer, then they really had it again from about 1968-71 back when the Charger ruled the streets and the hemi was king. Ever since then, they have been on a road to revival, which has really been helped by the merger in 1998.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.