New 2007 Imperial - Page 7
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
Cadillac or competing brand model ? Why ? Discussion, New 2007 Imperial in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; He He He, so...you know about the ole blend door, do ya? I actually kept my 98 MK8 FIVE years. ...
    Sandy is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '93 Cadillac 60 Special; '03 Lincoln TownCar Limited ED

Re: New 2007 Imperial

He He He, so...you know about the ole blend door, do ya?
    I actually kept my 98 MK8 FIVE years. During that tme, I averaged a
    serious problem every 6 weeks. I kept it that long as I was keeping
    a log of the world's worse luxury car. Everything that could, went
    wrong. It had every option, and was an end-of-the -run "Collector's~Edition" ~~ one of 1265 (I think) it was # 903. Pearl White with tan interior. ONLY reason I bought another Lincoln was the terrific care my dealer took of me, with free loaners of Town Cars, and alot of other perks.
    Now, I've had the TC for 2 years & 9 months, and have yet to have "Problem #1" ~ So, I am happy with it. I think that the T.C. competes with the DeVillle and (2006) DTS at Cadillac, for the same buyer.

Nice Cutlass, put some red-line tires on her.

ted tcb is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Previous STS' 1995/97/99/01/03

Actually, since I snapped the Cutlass pics, I've put on some nice whitewalls.
    It made a huge difference in the car's appearance ... I even had it featured in a major Toronto daily paper. There's something to be said for exiting a turn with rwd, top down, and gunning that rocket 350.
    Its the only car I've owned that goes up in value ... I have to get her appraised every 5 years for collector's insurance.

Katshot is offline Cadillac Owners Master

Needs RWL tires IMO. I LOVE those old Cutlass's!!

I~LUV~Caddys8792 is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 1992 Town Car Cartier & 2014 Accord LX MTX

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy
    I actually kept my 98 MK8 FIVE years. During that tme, I averaged a serious problem every 6 weeks. I kept it that long as I was keeping a log of the world's worse luxury car. Everything that could, went
    wrong. It had every option, and was an end-of-the -run "Collector's~Edition" ~~ one of 1265 (I think) it was # 903. Pearl White with tan interior. .
    How bad was it, what were the major problems? I really love the Mark VIII's and I would love to get one, but I dont wanna buy a car with a lot of problems.

1. The HID headlights blow out, because of an ill-installed exterior headlight cover, allowing moisture in along with dampness, that finds its way to the socket . Thusly, they blow. Not bad under OEM warrantee, as I was, but $250.00 apice, afterwards.

2. The driver's side bucket seat is known to suddenly, without warning, nor provocation, RRRRrrrrip right thru the floor pan, providing the driver with "instant recliner" option. It order to repair, the car goes on lift, and needs steel plates welded BOTH to the underside of the chassis AND under the carpet, on the inside, because the bolt causes the floor pan to "mushroom".

3. The LED crystal in the wall to wall taillamps goes limpy (light-to dark-to normal-to light- to dark) sections. EXPENSIVE !

4. AM Radio has incurable terribble horrible constant static. Useless.

5. Actually eats up brake rotors every 3,000 miles. I had 18,000 miles when I sold it @ 5 years of age and was on set # 6 of front brake rotors.

6. Steering Wheel ShAkE ! Going down looong hills, and using the required braking, - about 1/2 down steering wheel begin JuMpInG all over the place, with Parkinson's decease.

7. Rear Window. The rear window has an exterior moulding (black) that goes 360 degrees, all around the perimeter of the glass. After 3-4 years in the sunshine, the cold and the climaticx changes, said moulding get lumpy wavey l
    un un nu and it cannot be replaced use the electric rear window defroster glass window is also replaced $ 1,200.00 for a nice new moulding.

8. Then, there's the old blend door on the Air Conditioning. Of the 5 summers I had the car, 4 of them it suddenly began blowing heat on me in July / August. Under warrantee the first 3 years, it cost me $ 1,000 to "fix" the 4th year.

9. Fuel Release button on driver's side lower door panel (you push it & the fuel door releases) but.... push just slightly TOO hard and the little button falls down doen down into the lower door panel. Removing door panel is then necessary to re-fuel.

10. Ash Tray. I don't smoke in any car, ever, but I did fill it with hard candy for "dry mouth" syndrome. You push a spot on the top cover door and she 1st dips downward, and then opens up. EXCEPT for when she slightly dips downward and the thin plastic mechanism breaks, the the ash tray cover falls down INTO the compartment. The Fix? An entire new center console ($1,475.00), as it's NON-fixable, but you will get a new one WITH the new console.

Other than that, they are fine

Goddamn Fords!

You asked!

Sorry about the many typos, but the telephone has been ringing every 10 minutes tonight.....I do NOT miss my Mark 8 even one little bit

Well im not gonna think of all Mark VIII's as a "stinking pile of dogshit" but I will take your advice into consideration...I'm positive there are many Mark VIII owners out there that are ecstatic with their cars, and have never had a bad experience with them, but I think you are just unlucky with yours. Like my deVille leaks coolant through the block, now I know that this was caused due to neglect of the previous owners, and I dont think all 4.9's will leak coolant, its just something to keep in mind

Lord Cadillac is offline Cadillac Maniac
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Escalade

You asked!

Sorry about the many typos, but the telephone has been ringing every 10 minutes tonight.....I do NOT miss my Mark 8 even one little bit
    Not to change the subject, but holy crap am I glad I chose the Eldorado Touring Coupe over the Mark VIII!
    Please help us keep CadillacOwners.com online. Become a Site Supporter today. You'll get more than a "thank you" in return.

In loving memory of Angelo Anthony Quagliaralillo... Rest in peace..

ReagansRollsRoyce is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1987 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham

NOTE THE SIDE SCULPTURE LINE ON THE REAR QUARTER PANEL, THE DIP ON THE REAR DOOR,
    AND HOW IT MEETS THE HORIZONTAL LOWER SCULPTURE. IT'S QUITE PRONOUNCED ON THE DOOR.

Hmm. I would rank it above Art & Science Cadillac but for a new car today I'd still buy either the Lincoln Town Car L (if that's still made since it's the only properly long car out there) or the Jag XJ8 for classic appearance.

I do think it looks awfully short and psuedo-Rolls.

I ditto whoever said above that they wished GM had Chrysler's balls though.

Katshot is offline Cadillac Owners Master

My son had a MKVIII and the car was actually very reliable. Sandy, your list DID ring a few bells but, after knowing several Lincoln/Cadillac owners, I can tell you that the grass IS NOT greener on either side. For every sad story from a MKVIII owner, there's one from a Seville/Eldo owner. IMO, overall, those cars are close to even as far as headaches and heartburn inducing problems but at least the MKVIII has that wonderful engine! Styling is subjective of course but for my money, I like the looks of the MKVIII better than a Seville/Eldo.

Randy_W is offline Banned

Parts of the car work, just not together. Anybody that thinks that brown lump of llama shit looks better than a newer Caddy, probably likes Rossane better than Jennifer Love Hewitt!

Randy_W is offline Banned

but at least the MKVIII has that wonderful engine!
    That in stock form gets a beating from the ETC/STS!
    The Ford engine used in Lincolns is easy to mod though, just like the Chevy engine in your Cadillac. Most people with these cars don't mod them, but for those that do, having a less unique engine pays off.

ted tcb is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Previous STS' 1995/97/99/01/03

Sandy, count yourself lucky with your MkVIII ownership.
    What, no tranny or air suspension woes?

I always felt my 89 LSC looked far tougher than the next generation marks, which definitely had a more feminine look.

I guess a used Eldorado makes more sense from a mechanical perspective.

I think you can put the springs or coils from the Thunderbirds onto the Mark VIII's

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.