New 2007 Imperial - Page 5
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
Cadillac or competing brand model ? Why ? Discussion, New 2007 Imperial in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; Originally Posted by Sandy NOTE THE SIDE SCULPTURE LINE ON THE REAR QUARTER PANEL, THE DIP ON THE REAR DOOR, ...
    90Brougham350 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 94 FWB, 93 SDV, 94 FWB (sold), 90 Brougham (sold)

Re: New 2007 Imperial

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy

NOTE THE SIDE SCULPTURE LINE ON THE REAR QUARTER PANEL, THE DIP ON THE REAR DOOR,
    AND HOW IT MEETS THE HORIZONTAL LOWER SCULPTURE. IT'S QUITE PRONOUNCED ON THE DOOR.
    Very BMW-esque, in the fact it looks like the total length of the vehicle is no more than 13 inches longer than the wheel base. The chrome edging on the door is hideous. Looks too much like an early 90's Buick.

lacmang is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 93 Fleetwood Brougham, 66 Fleetwood

since ripping off a Bentley worked for Chrysler ripping off a Rolls Royce should do wonders.
    Attached Images

davesdeville is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 1995 ETC, 75 Deville, Cad500 powered 73 Apollo, 94 Mark VIII

It damn well better be longer than it looks like in either pic. If it IS and has at least the 6.1, then I might have to reconsider my planned purchase of an STS-V in several years...

Randy_W is offline Banned

It's proportioned like a 1940's car, which in my opinion, was one of the worst periods in style history! That is one UGLY car!!!

Katshot is offline Cadillac Owners Master

I saw some more pictures of the Imperial and Challenger in this week's AutoWeek. IMO, the car is too short, and the lines are too choppy-looking. Yeah, it resembles recent Rolls Royce's but I think that's NOT a good thing since I think they're ugly too. The car looks disproportionately tall for the overall length. Is this maybe showing the limits of the LX chassis? Who knows? It's an interesting exercise but I think it needs some tweaking. Sandy, do you think the B-pillar-less design will make it to production? It would be cool but somehow I doubt it.

Sandy is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '93 Cadillac 60 Special; '03 Lincoln TownCar Limited ED

Yes, I believe it did. However, what this car needs is to be the exterior size, length, width, etc. of your FLWD Brougham !! I agree that IF (key word) it's that short that it looks to stubby. I am sick of small cars. Well, actually, I am sick of NOT having a choice anylonger of BIG OR SMALL, & having BIG taken away.

Lord Cadillac is offline Cadillac Maniac
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Escalade

I agree on the length opinions.. It's too short. It looks like a stubby Phantom. Still, I love the Phantom and I think I'll like this car overall...
    Have an iPhone? Than you can get involved right now. Click here to download Cars Connected.

HotRodSaint is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1996 Fleetwood Brougham

Quote Originally Posted by Katshot
    A Porsche Speedster out-dragged you? Get out! I used to build those engines back in the 70's and 80's. I can't imagine one being as quick as any of the old muscle cars unless it had a TON of work done to it (including a turbo).
    In 1970 the chances of finding a car with an aftermarket turbo charger was slim to nil. If anything, it might have been supercharged.

Stock, I'm not sure if a 110hp 4-Cam Carrera motor, which was an available option for the 1800lb Speedster, could have beat a 440 Challenger but a 911 engine swap certainly could have increased the Speedsters odds.

I was once beat by a Porsche powered VW while driving a Ferrari 308.

This Imperial would look good in black with an aftermarket 'Rolls Royce' grill!!

And if they are clinic testing the design, then I'd expect it to be a 2008.

Quote Originally Posted by HotRodSaint
    In 1970 the chances of finding a car with an aftermarket turbo charger was slim to nil. If anything, it might have been supercharged.
    Stock, I'm not sure if a 110hp 4-Cam Carrera motor, which was an available option for the 1800lb Speedster, could have beat a 440 Challenger but a 911 engine swap certainly could have increased the Speedsters odds.
    I was once beat by a Porsche powered VW while driving a Ferrari 308.
    I was HEAVILY into the VW scene in the late 70's early 80's. I used to build VW and Porsche engines, did a few engine swaps (Porsche into VW bugs), and was building "Cal-look" Bugs on the east coast before most people even knew what they were. It's not that we didn't build HOT VW engines but this was several years after Sandy's story. Back when he raced that Speedster, IMO, it would've been REAL rare to have found one fast enough to even stay with the MOPAR, let alone BEAT it. Hell, even a stock 911 engine in a bug wouldn't give an old MOPAR muscle car a run in those days. The couple we did were fast but they weren't THAT fast. Oh, and by the time I got into the high-performance bugs in the mid to late 70's, turbos were very common on them.

I'm surprised nobody's posted these pictures yet. Looks an AWEFUL lot like the Imperial concept.

Lord Cadillac is offline Cadillac Maniac
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Escalade

Yup. That's my dream car.. Not in that color, however.. Black.. It DOES look like what the Imperial is trying to be - which is why I like it.
    Have an iPhone? Than you can get involved right now. Click here to download Cars Connected.

You REALLY like that? I think it's nasty looking. Looks more like a tank than a Rolls Royce IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Katshot
    I was HEAVILY into the VW scene in the late 70's early 80's.
    Then you know about EMPI and how they were running low 12's with a N/A VW engine in the late '60's.

If the Inch Pincher was rated about 220hp, then a Speedster with a 200hp 911s motor and some aftermarket goodies could easily beat the Challengers mid-13's.

ted tcb is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Previous STS' 1995/97/99/01/03

Sandy, like most Chrysler's starting with the Viper, I'm sure the car will look superb in the flesh.
    I've been a member of the Online Imperial Club for years ... most members are voting thumbs down on this design ... it's the hottest topic on their web forum.
    Of course, they haven't had a new Imperial since 1993, and most members barely recognize the fuelage era Imperials as true Imperials. You cannot compare modern styling to a classic 1966 Imperial ... apples to oranges.

My only question is why drop 30-40 large on a new Imperial? Chrysler has the worst resale value this side of Kia. Why not buy a 2 year old, warrantied example when your 61 yrs old for about 15k? I figure when my 99 STS gets too tired in about 2 years time, I'm going for a fully optioned 300C with low miles.
    If you can't warm up to the Art & Science theme Caddy's, then a used 300 is a helluva buy.
    Can't wait to see the new Imperial in the flesh ... nobody brings concept cars to the market faster than Chrysler.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.