New 2007 Imperial - Page 4
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
Cadillac or competing brand model ? Why ? Discussion, New 2007 Imperial in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; Yeah I liked Chrysler from 1957-1971, then I didnt like htem from 72-about 94, but since 94 I have liked ...
    I~LUV~Caddys8792 is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 1992 Town Car Cartier & 2014 Accord LX MTX

Re: New 2007 Imperial

Yeah I liked Chrysler from 1957-1971, then I didnt like htem from 72-about 94, but since 94 I have liked a few of their cars.

Sandy is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '93 Cadillac 60 Special; '03 Lincoln TownCar Limited ED

I once considered getting a PentaStar tatoo ! "Hate" and "Chrysler" cannot go in the same sentence. Similiar to "hate" and "money" or sentences such as "Sure hope I don't win the lottery."

mccombie_5 is offline Cadillac Owners Master

Quote Originally Posted by I~LUV~Caddys8792
    Yeah I liked Chrysler from 1957-1971, then I didnt like htem from 72-about 94, but since 94 I have liked a few of their cars.
    I agree in this, I have only dealt with very few of Chryslers cars, but the 1996-now cars seem to be nicer than previous stone age mobiles.

I like the 1998 Concorde, hte 2002 300M and a few others, nice looking cars, I got a Concorde as a rental once when I was in Florida, seemed like a good car, and we did quite a few miles in it too.

Katshot is offline Cadillac Owners Master

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy
    There is a very good chance it will be at that show ....
    BTW....
    It was NEVER a Chrysler Imperial, it was ALWAYS just "Imperial" ~ Well....
    Imperial Custom
    Imperial Crown
    Imperial LeBaron.
    The MSO (Manufacturer's Statement of Origin) which was the paper from
    where the Statement of Ownership (title) was created, ALWAYS said:
    I M P E R I A L.....Never ever Chrysler Imperial !
    I sure was MARKETED as a Chrysler though. And built by Chrysler. I've never heard anything other than it being a Chrysler.

Here's a link to a VERY interesting site that has probably the largest single mountain of Imperial data. There's even an article by someone we all know and love!

http://www.imperialclub.com/Articles/index.htm

Chrysler really had it going in the late '50s when Virgil Exner was the lead designer, then they really had it again from about 1968-71 back when the Charger ruled the streets and the hemi was king. Ever since then, they have been on a road to revival, which has really been helped by the merger in 1998.

IMO, prior to the merger, most of the Chrysler product was crap. The K-car years may have been memorable for some but it did little to entice me to even look at a Chrysler lot when I was buying. It wasn't until the redesigned "Kenworth looking" Dodge P/U, Durango, and the 300M came along that even considered buying a Chrysler product.
    I was a MOPAR fan back in the late 60's, early 70's but that was only due to their performance cars. BTW, as I recall, the 440-Six-Pack was usually the best performer even though the "Hemi" got the headlines.

The Hemi was a track engine! The 440 was thebetter street engine. The Hemi would not idle for crap,drove like a car with Parkinson's, too!
    I ordered my Demos with 440s, or the 340 6-Pac. I was a nut-case, and I am lucky to be alive today. Closed up at 9PM and during the 9 mile ride home, nightly, I was good for 3 to 4 drag races. I lost one (1)
    A Challenger with a 440 4Bbl. & sure grip was (almost) unbeatable! We put a Mallory Ignition in my demo, in the shop on a Saturday (when nobody was around - early in the AM) and I was running Sunoco 260 (not sold locally, any longer). Got Home, pulled into driveway.. to join 2 Imperials. '70 LeBaron Coupe & '71 LeBaron 4-Dr. Coupe was "Teal Blue" - 4-Door was "Crystal Dawn" and to this mix I added the Challenger R/T ~ S.E. Coupe in SubLIME, with a White Limousine Style Vinyl top and black & white checkerboard Cloth interior, trimmed in leather with Red-Line Tires. It was like a flare in the middle of the road. (But...I knew all the cops in the 2 towns I went thru, as I worked the Bids, and we sold them the cop cars AND serviced them.
    When I sold that 1970 Challenger it had 8,000 miles on it, and we needed to put on new tires
    1971, I think I got a Super Bee Coronet 440, with the Super Track Pack and 4.11s/

Personally I think that Mopar had the best muscle cars from 68-71.

Only car I ever lost to was a car I had no respect for, and "he" showed me~
    A funny looking thing that looked like a turtle. or better yet, a walnut shell on wheels, called a Porsche Speedster. My Challenger could not beat him. He played with me like a cat with a fly. Otherwise, nothing could take me.

If I was younger, I'd buy the forthcoming Challenger if I could get the E59 motor in it

I think I'd look look a fool in a Challenger,
    at 59 years young! I guess I have become my Dad;
    Hello Imperial

A Porsche Speedster out-dragged you? Get out! I used to build those engines back in the 70's and 80's. I can't imagine one being as quick as any of the old muscle cars unless it had a TON of work done to it (including a turbo).

gdwriter is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS (Elvis) 1964 Impala (Betty)

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy
    I once considered getting a PentaStar tatoo!
    We interrupt this thread for a related story:

Sandy, I thought about getting an Impala tatoo, and a couple of years ago, I found this temporary tattoo paper that you could run through an ink jet printer. I made up tatoos with the leaping Impala and wore one whenever I went to a car show. Also wore one on a trip back to my hometown to see if it would freak out my parents. It did. Sadly, Office Max doesn't seem to carry the temporary tatoo paper anymore.

We now return to you to your regular thread.

I would not get a permanent tatoo, but that there is pretty neat.

I don't have a clue what was in the Speedster, but I backed off J.F.K. highway (speed limit of 60) & I backed off at 80 MPH and HE was absolutely over 95 ! I was nuts. He was plain crazy. I did race a couple of times a local kid in his 4.4.2. W-30 Cutlass 2-Dr. Post Coupe. I always won. I raced a Mustang (1969 MACH I) 351 & I won and a '69 Z-28 of some configuration.... ? I won. The Super Bee that followed was quick, too. In 1971 the 'Bee came (optional) with ram air. I had that, and the Trac Pac (H/Duty Rear End, 4.11s and Sure Grip) She was a 440 4Bbl. 'Bee. BLack with no vinyl hat and vinyl buckets, white. 6-way power driver & P/W and am with Stereo 8-Track Tape and wood steering wheel & Hood Pins.

NOTE THE SIDE SCULPTURE LINE ON THE REAR QUARTER PANEL, THE DIP ON THE REAR DOOR,
    AND HOW IT MEETS THE HORIZONTAL LOWER SCULPTURE. IT'S QUITE PRONOUNCED ON THE DOOR.

Randy_W is offline Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Katshot
    IMO, prior to the merger, most of the Chrysler product was crap. The K-car years may have been memorable for some but it did little to entice me to even look at a Chrysler lot when I was buying. It wasn't until the redesigned "Kenworth looking" Dodge P/U, Durango, and the 300M came along that even considered buying a Chrysler product.
    I was a MOPAR fan back in the late 60's, early 70's but that was only due to their performance cars. BTW, as I recall, the 440-Six-Pack was usually the best performer even though the "Hemi" got the headlines.
    A couple of problems with Hemi's in street racing scenarios were,(1.) they usually were geared too high, most had 3.23-3.54 gears. Hemi's did not have great low end torque, but rather made a ton of horsepower at high rpm.(2) Most people didn't adjust the valves every 3000 miles or less that was required to keep a Hemi anywhere near peak performance. Often times a well tuned Hemi against a well tuned 440+6 with both cars having 3.23 gears, the 440 would win. Take the same cars and install 4.56 gears and the Hemi would blow it's doors off! I had several 440 cars as well as a 1968 GTX/Hemi.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.