FORD FUSION?? god wanna rip off caddy more??
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Cadillac or competing brand model ? Why ? Discussion, FORD FUSION?? god wanna rip off caddy more?? in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; wow how much more can ford rip off cadillac with thier fusion...it looks completely identical to the STS/ CTS.....wow what ...
    1fastSTS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

FORD FUSION?? god wanna rip off caddy more??

wow how much more can ford rip off cadillac with thier fusion...it looks completely identical to the STS/ CTS.....wow what a bunch of crap!!!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

gary88 is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2007 E92 BMW 335i

Re: FORD FUSION?? god wanna rip off caddy more??

shame on you ford

Katshot is offline Cadillac Owners Master

Personally, the big similarity I see is they both have ugly-ass headlights. There's always going to be similarities from time to time. I think it's unavoidable.

Randy_W is offline Banned

The very first time I saw it, I said the shape looked like a CTS. Kat is right though, similarities are going to happen, in style.

SilverFleetwood85 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1992 Cadillac Sedan Deville

The front looks like a CTS, but the rear looks like the 1994-1995 Honda Accord. Not a bad looking car but I would never buy one because I don't trust FORD.

davesdeville is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 1995 ETC, 75 Deville, Cad500 powered 73 Apollo, 94 Mark VIII

Quote Originally Posted by Katshot
    Personally, the big similarity I see is they both have ugly-ass headlights. There's always going to be similarities from time to time. I think it's unavoidable.
    Exactly. These aren't even THAT similar...

LaneWvr is offline BAD EMAIL ADDRESS
    Automobile(s): 81 Coupe DeVille 4/6/8

I have the same feelings as Caddeville towards Ford. Every company copies another, all of them at one point or another. What kills me is the retro thing, which I like. But Dodge started it with the Prowler and PartTime Cruiser. Then Ford with the Mustangs and GT40. Now years later Chevy with the SSR(which is a joke, should've been as fast as the Lightning), HHR(PT cruiser with uglier front), and now the future Camero. I actually wanted a retro Camero or Chevelle, but in retrospect it would've been better if Chevy would've done the opposite and gone futuristic with it. Tried to be different for a change.

Katshot is offline Cadillac Owners Master

One point I have to make is even though I don't care for the Fusion's styling, they sure can look hot with a little "tweaking". I saw a few from the SEMA show and all I can say is WOW!

Blackout is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1995 FTS

Its funny how you guys bash on Ford for making a car that "looks" like a CTS when all they really have that looks similar is the headlights, but yet you say nothing about Chevy's HHR looking identical to that PT Cruiser

Randy_W is offline Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Blackout
    Its funny how you guys bash on Ford for making a car that "looks" like a CTS when all they really have that looks similar is the headlights, but yet you say nothing about Chevy's HHR looking identical to that PT Cruiser
    I think the sillouette of the two is what looks more alike than the detail, myself. As I said similarities in design are going to happen.

The HHR is the a ripoff of the marketing idea, but the two vehicles are very different in execution. The HHR is more refined vehicle than the PT Cruiser, and larger, though niether will be mistaken for a RR.

90Brougham350 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 94 FWB, 93 SDV, 94 FWB (sold), 90 Brougham (sold)

The similarities exist between HHR and the PT, but I think the Fusion is much more similar to the CTS. I think the HHR is far uglier than any PT will ever be (and you all know of my undying love for Chrysler) But let's not forget, imitation is the finest form of flattery. It's also one of the easiest way to sell cars.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackout
    Did you completely miss my post? 2 above yours, I know its kinda long. And the Fusion does have a very similar overall shape.

AlBundy is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1996 Eldorado Sport Coupe

Going back doesn't mean its a mistake as I've written in other posts. It seems that most thing go back to establish some kind of identity linked to where it came from. Going up as a kid in the early ages to me its a good thing to see a mustange modeled back to the old days. As far as you futuristic sorts show me a futuristic car thats not corny looking that doesn't take ideas from the past. Blue jeans are blue jeans no matter how futuristic you make them.

Caddy Man is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2003 Cadillac CTS, 2005 Cadillac STS4 1SG

and no one gets upset that the Buick Lucerne looks like a VW Phaeton in its side profile and its rear end? I love Cadillac like everyone else on this forum, but some of you have a ''holier-than-thou'' attitude about things. Stop worrying so much...you might live longer.

Worring is like a rocking chair, gives you something to do but doesn't get you anywhere.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.