No one's posted this? 300C SRT-8 stock does 12.56 in the quarter???? - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Cadillac or competing brand model ? Why ? Discussion, No one's posted this? 300C SRT-8 stock does 12.56 in the quarter???? in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; Originally Posted by Blackout I know that guy through the 300C forums and the SRTforums. The guy is a nice ...
    Randy_W is offline Banned

Re: No one's posted this? 300C SRT-8 stock does 12.56 in the quarter????

Quote Originally Posted by Blackout
    I know that guy through the 300C forums and the SRTforums. The guy is a nice guy and him and some people I believe rented out Atco for the day. But the guy isn't a BS'er when it comes to lying about what he has done to hs cars. Katshot and I were at E-Town and say a 300C SRT-8 run a 12.9 and a Charger SRT-8 run a 12.8. He might have a factory freak but either way he still ran a 12.5 and I don't see any of the V boys doing that
    I haven't seen a bone stock, as delivered SRT8 do that either, I'll believe it when I do! Now if we're tweaking this or changing that or using drag radials or traction compound or playing with the air box or computer tuning, then it's not as delivered.

Katshot is offline Cadillac Owners Master

Quote Originally Posted by CVP33
    Road test TV who? What? Where? When? Please post a link.
    Yeah Randy, I'd like to see that test myself.

Personally, I have a hard time with believing a 12.5 from a totally stock SRT8 but who knows? Like Randy said, I'd have to actually SEE that one to believe it.

Spyder is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): None now...1972 Challenger=my pride and joy.

Quote Originally Posted by Katshot
    Here, here!
    Where?

Lord Cadillac is offline Cadillac Maniac
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Escalade

It's hard to believe but I wouldn't say it's impossible.. The 300C SRT-8 is an amazing vehicle...
    Have an iPhone? Than you can get involved right now. Click here to download Cars Connected.

Leloz is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

I test drove a 2006 Charger SRT-8 yesterday... the car exceeded my expecations. I drove a fully loaded model with NAV/DVD, XM, Moonroof, Bluetooth, the works. I did not get the chance to do a full WOT, but I can tell you it feels much faster than my 2002 WS6 Trans Am and faster than a LS1 GTO or C5. The car had ample room inside (more than my RL) and handled amazing for how heavy it is. The monster Brembos did an amazing job... I almost did not want to get back into my RL after the test drive. They would have sold me the car for $43K and they had a "base" model on the lot for $35K. Now here is the catch, the general manager bought the first one that came in and he had taken it to the track. Bone stock he ran a 12.95 in the quarter mile. For the price, the SRT-8 really surprised me... now I do not regret selling my allocation spot for the C6 Z06... the SRT-8 is half price and makes a more realistic daily driver/weekend track vehicle. I might just have to give my oldest son the RL and get a Charger

Nocturn is offline Cadillac Owners Member

The SRT is also an Auto only car...its alot easier to hop in and run a 12.9 than to try and pilot a V car with only a 6 speed to the same time.

The fastest SRT8 to post a time slip that I've seen has been 13.29, when I see real time slips, not altered internet slips or a tweaked car, then I'll believe it.

Quote Originally Posted by Leloz
    And where is the verification that this is a completely stock as delivered car? I'm not trying to be a smartass, but video of a car turning 12.86 doesn't really prove the car is stock.

Here is a 12.99 slip from a 300C SRT-8, bone stock:

He made 4 runs that day, the previous three were:
    1st 13.5 @ 104
    2nd 13.23@107
    3rd 13.08@108

Blackout is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1995 FTS

Hey Randy have you ever seen a million dollars? Most likely not but does that mean it doesn't exsist? Whether you want to admit it or not the SRT-8 is running 12's in stock trim.

I sanned through a couple of GTO forums last night and found numerous timeslips ranging from 12.4-12.9, I'll post some if you want me to, that won't prove they're stock, that will just prove they ran mid 12's.

Missing from this argument are the fast Ford sedans, oh, there aren't any!

Quote Originally Posted by Topic of discussion
    No one's posted this? 300C SRT-8 stock does 12.56 in the quarter????
    Quote Originally Posted by Randy's backup plan for not knowing what he is talking about
    Missing from this argument are the fast Ford sedans, oh, there aren't any!
    Randy it is time to wake up and smell the coffee because your starting to get way behind the times because numerous people on here and across the US no what SRT-8's are good for except for you

Blackout, they're very quick, the styling is subjective, as are all cars, they are NOT 12.50 cars as delivered, I don't care how many timeslips are posted.
    And where are the fast Ford sedans?

Quote Originally Posted by Randy_W
    Blackout, they're very quick, the styling is subjective, as are all cars, they are NOT 12.50 cars as delivered, I don't care how many timeslips are posted.
    Nobody is saying that they are 12.5 cars. That guy happened to get a 12.5 out of his. Its most likely a factory freak. But they are 12.8-12.9 in stock trim
    And where are the fast Ford sedans?
    Once again what does that have to do with the topic at hand? Nothing. Its just you trying to do what you always seem to do and that is bash Ford. Ford has more important things to worry about then making a fast sedan

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.