Hopefully gonna buy a '96 Town Car! - Page 4
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Cadillac or competing brand model ? Why ? Discussion, Hopefully gonna buy a '96 Town Car! in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; Nope, the 91-06 Town Cars have the SOHC 4.6 with anywhere from 190-239 hp available depending on year and exhaust ...
    I~LUV~Caddys8792 is online now Moderator
    Automobile(s): 1992 Town Car Cartier & 2014 Accord LX MTX

Re: Hopefully gonna buy a '96 Town Car!

Nope, the 91-06 Town Cars have the SOHC 4.6 with anywhere from 190-239 hp available depending on year and exhaust type.

96Fleetwood is offline Auto Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1994 Cadillac Fleetwood Garnet Red Metallic

Hello, I am Abe's (leloz) son. I switched from a 1993 TC Cartier to a 1996 Fleetwood, the difference is night and day. The Fleetwood is so much more comfortable, prestigious, and the LT-1 is a far better engine than the 4.6 SOHC anyday. I was tired of the mechanical and electrical problems that TC gave me. The car was babied all its life, I had bought it from a older couple in Miami with only 37,000 miles on it. It had about 62,000 when I sold it and at the time, none of the power windows worked, the JBL stereo amp was blown, the intake STILL caused a coolant leak, and the steering wheel controls decided to work when they felt like it. I ended up selling it to a mechanic for $1,500 despite the great mechanical shape

Hmmm interesting... sounds like you had a bad example, most of these cars last atleast 200k miles. But I will take note of your advice, but I will not cross either car off my wish list. Nor am I guaranteed to buy either car. The main reason I prefer the Town Car is that it has the driver's information center, with the fuel economy and trip computer. And I had that '95 Roadmaster which is very similar to the FWB, and I wasnt too fond of that car. It felt gigantic, due to the high dashboard which was a mile deep. And it had very poor rear visibility.

96Fleetwood, how do the seats in the FWB compare to the seats in the T/C Cartier?

Playdrv4me is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 1992 STS / 2005 MB G500 / 2008 Mini Cooper Clubman S

Quote Originally Posted by I~LUV~Caddys8792
    Hmmm interesting... sounds like you had a bad example, most of these cars last atleast 200k miles. But I will take note of your advice, but I will not cross either car off my wish list. Nor am I guaranteed to buy either car. The main reason I prefer the Town Car is that it has the driver's information center, with the fuel economy and trip computer. And I had that '95 Roadmaster which is very similar to the FWB, and I wasnt too fond of that car. It felt gigantic, due to the high dashboard which was a mile deep. And it had very poor rear visibility.
    It does indeed sound like Abe had a pretty bad example of a TC. Surely things break in them but its a pretty solid car I think. Ive never known a TC owner who didnt have good things to say about the car. I think if you really like the TC, it will be cheaper, you should go for it.

From what I've seen, I like the Town Car's more, but a test drive in a LT1 FWB might change that

davesdeville is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 1995 ETC, 75 Deville, Cad500 powered 73 Apollo, 94 Mark VIII

Yeah. If you ever find yourself flooring your car, the LT1 is for you. If you drive like an old person, the 4.6 2v is fine.

I've looked at a '94 FWB yesterday, and after what I had seen in the FWB, I would choose the Town Car. The T/C had softer, more comfortable seating, more information in the dashboard, better controls, it felt more modern, it felt more luxurious, and I would bet that the T/C rides smoother, and yes the LT1 is faster, but the 2v 4.6 isnt as slow as you make it out to be.

90Brougham350 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 94 FWB, 93 SDV, 94 FWB (sold), 90 Brougham (sold)

Then again, Cadillac didn't worry about putting all sorts of electronic gizmos in their barges, they left that up to the DeVilles and Sevilles. I guess I always thought my 90 should have had them, after all, why does the Town Car?

Yeah Lincoln has had all those electronic gadgets in there since about 1981, Caddy started stuff like that in the '85 deVilles with the FDC.

Hmmm, oh well. I remember all the little display buttons my buddy's 89 Town Car had. There were like 8 or 10 of them on the dash. It always seemed like a great way to drive into the ditch rather than pay attention.

yup for the MPG and all that stuff, lined up horizontally above the climate controls and below the guages.

AlBundy is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1996 Eldorado Sport Coupe

Yes from an earlier thread or later I though? I didn't expect a guy of your age to chose a Town car. I felt you would consider the Lincoln Mark VIII before any other Lincoln, considering the three coupes mentioned. Personally you risen up in my book as a 18 year old buying a car. Cheers.

Mark VIII's are great....LOL sorry

I like the Town Cars and VIII's for seperate reasons.
    The Town Car is very graceful and elegant, its a great car to drive my friends around in and we love the space and smooth ride and quiet interior, where as the Mark VIII is sporty, sophisticated, sexy, fast, muscular and still luxurious, but it isnt something I would wanna cart my friends around in.
    Its a great car for a bachelor in his early 20's.

Plus it'll toast most ricers out there!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.