Ford Design Chief: "Lincoln off Priority List.."?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Cadillac or competing brand model ? Why ? Discussion, Ford Design Chief: "Lincoln off Priority List.."? in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; http://www.autoweek.com/news.cms?newsId=103544 Whoever this guy is better take a long hard look at Cadillac and make sure whatever he has coming ...
    Playdrv4me is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 1992 STS / 2005 MB G500 / 2008 Mini Cooper Clubman S

Ford Design Chief: "Lincoln off Priority List.."?

http://www.autoweek.com/news.cms?newsId=103544

Whoever this guy is better take a long hard look at Cadillac and make sure whatever he has coming is ready to compete with the best Cadillac has to offer. This is no time for Lincoln to be sitting on its laurels.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

c5 rv is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 91 Allante (gone), 06 SRX (gone)

Re: Ford Design Chief: "Lincoln off Priority List.."?

We'll see if what they have in the pipeline is good enough. Other premium brands have learned that gussied-up versions of lesser cars just won't cut it in the premium market anymore.

Jesda is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): An endless stream of Sevilles.

Lincoln is as good as dead. They just killed off one of the best sedans made in America, the LS. Why no Continental based on the concept? Why no Mark IX coupe? Its such a waste of a great name.

Screw you, Bill Ford.

mccombie_5 is offline Cadillac Owners Master

Indeed, what laurels has Lincoln got to rest on?

Town car is ancient....

LS is dead

No Coupe

THe Navigateor is poor compared to the Escalade

THe pick up truck thing is a rebadged ford

The have this Zephyr thing thats just a rebadged Mercury Milan/Ford Fusion

ben72227 is offline Banned

Why are you guys so worried about Lincoln? This is a Cadillac board for christs sake! DIE LINCOLN DIE! Long Live Cadillac!

It's not like they ever actually had any GREAT cars. Okay, maybe the Continentals from the 70s...but nothing else. I knew they were good as dead when their pickup-truck flopped a couple of years ago...

I~LUV~Caddys8792 is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 1992 Town Car Cartier & 2014 Accord LX MTX

Here's what Lincoln should do:
    -Bring back the Mark series, make it compete with, CLK, 6 series (V6, V8, hi po V8) possible convertible???
    -Bring back RWD Continental, make it compete with A6, 5 Series, E Class, flagship (V6, V8, Hipo V8)
    -Redo Town Car, bring it up-market, compete with LS430 & Q45 (more modern design, 6 seat configuation optional, more power, more engine choices, but it should stay same price, little more expensive, maybe have 2 types of Town Cars, one to stay true to loyal customers, one to get more younger customers) (DOHC 4.6 V8, Hi po V8, possibly Jag 4.0 liter)
    - Downsize the Navigator, make it compete with Range Rover and what not
    - Make a convertible, compete with XLR and SL
    - Make smaller sports sedan, compete with CTS, 3 series, A4, C class

I think If Lincoln does this, they will gain more sales, and they will slowly get the reputation of Cadillac. The biggest problem I see with this is that Bill Ford may not want to give more money to Lincoln when hes got too look over Jaguar Volvo, and Land Rover also.

addison_ii is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1994 Sedan Deville

Quote Originally Posted by I~LUV~Caddys8792

Here's what Lincoln should do:
    -Bring back the Mark series, make it compete with, CLK, 6 series (V6, V8, hi po V8) possible convertible???
    -Bring back RWD Continental, make it compete with A6, 5 Series, E Class, flagship (V6, V8, Hipo V8)
    -Redo Town Car, bring it up-market, compete with LS430 & Q45 (more modern design, 6 seat configuation optional, more power, more engine choices, but it should stay same price, little more expensive, maybe have 2 types of Town Cars, one to stay true to loyal customers, one to get more younger customers) (DOHC 4.6 V8, Hi po V8, possibly Jag 4.0 liter)
    - Downsize the Navigator, make it compete with Range Rover and what not
    - Make a convertible, compete with XLR and SL
    - Make smaller sports sedan, compete with CTS, 3 series, A4, C class

I think If Lincoln does this, they will gain more sales, and they will slowly get the reputation of Cadillac. The biggest problem I see with this is that Bill Ford may not want to give more money to Lincoln when hes got too look over Jaguar Volvo, and Land Rover also.
    Well said. I know this is a Cadillac board but we are slowly losing everything that gave this country it's heritage. while Lincoln is owned by Ford it's soul came from it's biological father who happens to be the man who fathered Cadillac. Everything that gives us our identity is slowly being replaced or worst yet lost to time. The automakers are trying to conform to what they think is good, instead doing what the buying public wants. Cadillac knew that it's buyers wanted RWD, fast sedans and it gave it to us in the form of the CTS and CTS-V. It knew buyers who wanted personal luxury roadsters were looking elsewhere and it's reattached its balls and made the XLR. If Ford doesn't want to keep Lincoln alive then dammit let GM buy it and let it join its older brother on the road back to glory.*slides soapbox back under table*

Quote Originally Posted by addison_ii
    If Ford doesn't want to keep Lincoln alive then dammit let GM buy it and let it join its older brother on the road back to glory.*slides soapbox back under table*
    That may not be a bad idea! I'm sure the public would be confused as hell Maybe Lincoln would be like a modern Lasalle or something

Hmm... replace Buick with Lincoln... I LIKE IT!

Kev
    Kev is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 1989 Sedan DeVille is now just a fond memory ....

Quote Originally Posted by ben72227
    Why are you guys so worried about Lincoln? This is a Cadillac board for christs sake! DIE LINCOLN DIE! Long Live Cadillac!

It's not like they ever actually had any GREAT cars. Okay, maybe the Continentals from the 70s...but nothing else. I knew they were good as dead when their pickup-truck flopped a couple of years ago...
    If Cadillac doesn't have decent domestic competition they will also dift down into complacency and obscurity.

Quote Originally Posted by Playdrv4me
    Hmm... replace Buick with Lincoln... I LIKE IT!
    Seriously??

I was thinking have Cadillac go up market, and run with Mercedes and BMW, and have "Lincoln" take in the 30-50k market

DopeStar 156 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 05 STS, 89 Fleetwood Brougham d'Elegance, 84 Chevy K/10

Quote Originally Posted by Kev
    If Cadillac doesn't have decent domestic competition they will also dift down into complacency and obscurity.
    'eeeeerrrrrrreeeeeeeeeee ya go! Cadillac needs it's Lincoln as Lincoln needs it's Cadillac. Two brands cut from the same cloth, rivals for decades. I for one like that the Twon Car is still a traditional RWD Luxury Car. The LS was doing a good job competing with the imports cause it had the same stuff but a V8. The Mark needs to come back off the Mustang platform and maybe the body if they can make it look good. Bring back the Continental based off the concept or maybe do something with the Ford Five Hundred's platform. Navigator needs to be upped a little more. Needs to be redesigned to not resemble an Expedition at all. The Aviator needs to go or like the Navigator, NOT LOOK LIKE AN EXPLORER!!! Axe the pick up. Pick up your axe, go chop down that cherry tree Lincoln! DopeStar OUT! *Flings mic over shoulder and walks off stage hanging hair down*

DopeStar 156 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 05 STS, 89 Fleetwood Brougham d'Elegance, 84 Chevy K/10

Quote Originally Posted by DopeStar 156
    Pick up your axe, go chop down that cherry tree Lincoln!
    Crap I think that might have been Washington......

addison_ii is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1994 Sedan Deville

Crap I think that might have been Washington......
    Yeah I think that was Washington. But I liked the outro though.

'eeeeerrrrrrreeeeeeeeeee ya go! Cadillac needs it's Lincoln as Lincoln needs it's Cadillac. Two brands cut from the same cloth, rivals for decades. I for one like that the Twon Car is still a traditional RWD Luxury Car. The LS was doing a good job competing with the imports cause it had the same stuff but a V8. The Mark needs to come back off the Mustang platform and maybe the body if they can make it look good. Bring back the Continental based off the concept or maybe do something with the Ford Five Hundred's platform. Navigator needs to be upped a little more. Needs to be redesigned to not resemble an Expedition at all. The Aviator needs to go or like the Navigator, NOT LOOK LIKE AN EXPLORER!!! Axe the pick up. Pick up your axe, go chop down that cherry tree Lincoln! DopeStar OUT! *Flings mic over shoulder and walks off stage hanging hair down*
    The Aviator has is in fact being replaced with a crossover type vehicle in 2007, the current model has been Discontinued.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.