Hyundai's New Big-Car, Centennial?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac or competing brand model ? Why ? Discussion, Hyundai's New Big-Car, Centennial? in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; Hey, I've read some threads on the new kia amanti, and heard about a full-size hyundai, so I did some ...
    SRX
    SRX is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Hyundai's New Big-Car, Centennial?

Hey, I've read some threads on the new kia amanti, and heard about a full-size hyundai, so I did some research and found this,
    http://worldwide.hyundai-motor.com/c...oom/index.html
    *click on centennial passenger car

it seems to be a different, bigger model from hyundai, and seems to target the luxury segment. If you look a around, you will find, suprisingly, a 4.7L V-8 engine!!! its an option, but I think but that engine will make the car more competitive. I wonder why they don't sell it here?? i mean, a big, 5-seating sedan with a V-8, that looks good? (kinda like a lincoln) i bet some people will have interest, since it will probably cheaper than any other similar V-8 car (its a hyundai)

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

MMNineInchNails is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Re: Hyundai's New Big-Car, Centennial?

Stamp : Gay

c5 rv is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 91 Allante (gone), 06 SRX (gone)

If Korea can get their labor relations problem solved, they will be a force to be reckoned with. I've read that the Japanese companies are nervous about the Korean brands dominating the emerging Asian market in China and India. Their combined population is 2.1 billion, 1/3 of the world population! For comparison, the US less than 0.3 billion.

Sandy is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '93 Cadillac 60 Special; '03 Lincoln TownCar Limited ED

It answers the question of what does a Lexus LS400 look like with a 2003 Caddy grille & 2003 Town Car headlights?

Not sure that the luxury market is waiting with open arms to welcome a Hyundai, but........then again, back in 1976 I never thought that Toyota was any kind of threat to our marketplace, much less Honda ! :rolleyes2

BeelzeBob is offline I'm a Cadillac Fanatic!

Hyundai builds pretty-much EVERYTHING in Korea. They have the know-how.. Hyundai and Kia (ever sit in a Sedona?) are following in the same footsteps as Nissan (Infinit), Honda (Acura) and Toyota (Lexus) - only they're moving MUCH, MUCH faster...
    If this site has helped you save money, please consider helping it continue to do so. Click here for information!

davesdeville is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 1995 ETC, 75 Deville, Cad500 powered 73 Apollo, 94 Mark VIII

Well... it's ok except again it's a Hyuondayay.

lev
    lev is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

I don't know why you folks are dissing this car.

I predict that Hyundai will have a big future, IF they play their cards right.

Quote Originally Posted by lev
    I don't know why you folks are dissing this car.

I predict that Hyundai will have a big future, IF they play their cards right.
    They will have a big future. They're so new and look how far they've come. Anything is possible.. One day, "it's only a Hyndai" will sound as ridiculous as "it's only a Lexus"... People still say Lexus is "only a Toyota"... And it is... Imagine that?
    If this site has helped you save money, please consider helping it continue to do so. Click here for information!

Night Wolf is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Unicycle

it's already happening, back in the earl-mid 0's Hyundai made crap, and everyone dissed them, now, I, and alot of other people look at them as a nice, new but cheap car for someone with a tight budget... I have nothing agaisnt them, becuase they do what they claim and nothing else etc.... and for what they are, they do a pretty good job....

...one of my great aunts fomr the city (NYC for all you non-Noo Yawkers) recently got a new car before her last trip up here, it was a 2003 Elentra... so when I was outside, I was looking at it, and I really liked the stling of it, believe it or not.... I looked inside, bucket seats, nice wood trim around everything... but it was fake wood.... wait, then again the same is in my DeVille... never mind... it was floor shift, has a nice dash/gauge cluster with a big tach and speedo and stuff...... it is too small for me, as I like big cars (I coudln't imagine sittin gin the back seat) but like I said, for what it was.... for for what? like $11k brand new, they really can't be beat.....

.....I think it would be cool/bad to see Hyundai come into the luxury market..... one, it will be putting more pressure on compnays like Cadillac, but then again that could be good.... but then it will make a luxury car with all these special features and luxuries, which are usually reserved for the rich and people tha treally make it, avaliable to your average joe, so it won't make owning a more expensive luxury car as worth it.... but then I guess that is when the luxury brands will just have to get better and go beyond....

.... oh, and IMO, Lexus is still just a Toyota (not that I don't like 'Yotas) although I hear they are comfy cars....

But have you sat in a Toyota Avalon? It's hard to say "just a Toyota" after you have..

Otherwise.. I think DaimlerChrysler owns 10% of Hyundai Motors. Does that make things more interesting? Here are some more pictures of that new Hyundai Centennial:

http://www.geocities.co.jp/MotorCity...ntennial06.jpg
    http://www.geocities.co.jp/MotorCity...ntennial02.jpg
    http://www.geocities.co.jp/MotorCity...nnial03eng.jpg
    http://www.geocities.co.jp/MotorCity...ntennial04.jpg

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.