Buick... In case you hadn't noticed...
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac or competing brand model ? Why ? Discussion, Buick... In case you hadn't noticed... in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; ...has come a long, long way. I know it was terrible to lose Oldsmobile - but Buick is following in ...
    BeelzeBob is offline I'm a Cadillac Fanatic!

Buick... In case you hadn't noticed...

...has come a long, long way. I know it was terrible to lose Oldsmobile - but Buick is following in their footsteps (and they're not going anywhere). I just find it interesting that Buick just may be able to take on the likes of foreign companies like Lexus - in time... They're really on the right track..

Has anybody noticed? Check their site, www.buick.com...
    If this site has helped you save money, please consider helping it continue to do so. Click here for information!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Ralph is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Re: Buick... In case you hadn't noticed...

Love those supercharged Park Ave's. I guess Biuck will fill the gap now between something like a Chev and a Cadillac? I don't know if there is another GM division that can do that, except Buick? My dad often jokes about Buick, calling them a poor man's Cadillac. LOL! We know they are good cars.

Sal, is it just me, but I only get 5 log-ins and I use them up after 5 responses. Then I have to wait a while before I can post. For ex. I have to log-in every time I post, and I don't always get those "temp" icons in the top right. Either way, I can live with it.

the Sandman is offline ...Reloaded
    Automobile(s): '05 XLR

Ralph - are you running an internet security program or sypware blocker...it sounds like a cookie problem.

Night Wolf is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Unicycle

Buick is making a big comeback...... they are one of the few companys still making cars with really nice American styling...... you see them getting more and more noticed....

..... guess what car just beat the Toyota Camery and Honda Accord in JD powers reliability? Buick Regal...... GM has something right with the 3800 V6........

JJhomer83 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by Night Wolf
    Buick is making a big comeback...... they are one of the few companys still making cars with really nice American styling...... you see them getting more and more noticed....

..... guess what car just beat the Toyota Camery and Honda Accord in JD powers reliability? Buick Regal...... GM has something right with the 3800 V6........
    The 3800 is by far the best v6 out there the supercharger on that thing is great. That is why you see it powering a lot of there cars. monte, prix, regal,

elwesso is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45

My grandpa (who owns a regal) was reading in the wall street journal that the buick regal is the most reliable new GM car on the market today!!!!

Buick is gonna have to go for RWD and V8 to compete with Lexus... but Ill say its possible!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by elwesso
    My grandpa (who owns a regal) was reading in the wall street journal that the buick regal is the most reliable new GM car on the market today!!!!

Buick is gonna have to go for RWD and V8 to compete with Lexus... but Ill say its possible!!!!
    But how many lexus acaully come with RWD is it that many???? or all??

Im pretty sure all of them do, except for the IS300.....

Quote Originally Posted by elwesso
    Im pretty sure all of them do, except for the IS300.....
    I want one now i love RWD, that is one of two downsides to my eldo. stupid GM

Yeah.... Whenever I see seville/eldo/deville I say.. Man I want one!!! But then I remember they use WWD- Wrong wheel drive...... Its shameful..

I can guarntee you that if the seville/eldo was RWD, id have one.... Hands down, see you later Q45!!!!

Ralph is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Quote Originally Posted by the Sandman
    Ralph - are you running an internet security program or sypware blocker...it sounds like a cookie problem.
    Hey Sand, thanks for your consideration. The problem started after I had a virus and had to get the computer fixed. I only run Norton and go to a site that gets rid of sypware and cookies. I can live with it, as as you can tell, computers aren't my passion.

I've heard that Ford had trouble with their supercharged 3.8's, regarding head gasket ruptures due to excess pressure? Does GM have this problem.

c5 rv is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 91 Allante (gone), 06 SRX (gone)

On WWJ radio (Detroit) this morning, I heard that Buick's new styling theme will be coming out next year in a concept car that will debut sometime AFTER the Detroit auto show.

Night Wolf is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Unicycle

I don't mind the FWD..... the only time traction is a problem is from a stop, handeling is great and all..... I like FWD better then RWD on a daily driver becuase it is alot better in the rain and other bad weather conditions.....overall I wouldn't choose a car just because it is FWD or RWD..... like I would rather have the speed, power and performance of my FWD DeVille then the ultra slow, can't-get-out-of-own way '89 RWD Brougham that my mother has.....

.....that car is dying for a built 350, or a 500 or any kind of swap.... I can get it to go fast (speedo is broke) but getting there takes forever.... whereas with my car I hit 3rd @ 90mph before I even realize I am doing it (when I am passing someone etc....)

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.