Lincoln Cancels LS? - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Cadillac or competing brand model ? Why ? Discussion, Lincoln Cancels LS? in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; I liked the LS8, it was a very nice car. First the VII, then the VIII now this. What the ...
    AlBundy is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1996 Eldorado Sport Coupe

Re: Lincoln Cancels LS?

I liked the LS8, it was a very nice car. First the VII, then the VIII now this. What the hell is wrong with Ford?

davesdeville is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 1995 ETC, 75 Deville, Cad500 powered 73 Apollo, 94 Mark VIII

Quote Originally Posted by Administrator
    Just an FYI.. The Lincoln LS8 (the performance version) was faster than the Cadillac Eldorado ETC and Seville STS...

Build quality wasn't anything special. And resale value was in the toilet.
    Sorry Sal but that's not correct. The older 3.9 sure as hell wasn't, with only 252hp in a car around 3700lbs. 0-60 was 7.5s, 1/4 mile was 15.7. (magazine times from the ) The quickest time for an ETC/STS was a full second less. 28 more hp from the new version isn't going to make that up. The LS8 might be competition for SLS/ESC but that's it.

Lord Cadillac is offline Cadillac Maniac
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Escalade

Randy_W is offline Banned

Cadillac STSTest Data
    Acceleration, sec to mph0-30 mph2.10-40 mph3.20-50 mph4.50-60 mph6.00-70 mph7.70-80 mph9.80-90 mph12.20-100 mph 15.81/4 mile, sec @ mph14.2 @ 97.5Braking, 100-0 mph, ft

hehe. What stock STS is almost running 13s in the quarter mile?
    Have an iPhone? Than you can get involved right now. Click here to download Cars Connected.

Randy_W is offline Banned

hehe. What stock STS is almost running 13s in the quarter mile?
    The 2005, after all you were quoting an '05 LS, let's keep the playing field level, right?

^^Fair enough.

Sal, the best mag time for an LS8 is 14.9. Best for an old STS is still .2 quicker. The best mag 0-60 time is tied at 6.4s for the LS, but you don't see peope saying "I ran a 6.8 second 0-60 at the strip last night" now do you? And I don't see how tied at 6.4 is "faster." I stand by what I've said.

The 2003s started getting quicker, if I'm not mistaken. The LS8 isn't a slow car and I want to make sure people realize that. Even the first year wasn't sluggish or underpowered.. The V6, maybe..

Otherwise.. I thought the best 0-60 for an ETC or Seville STS was 6.6.. I believe that with equally skilled drivers, the LS8 will be the quicker car. The only reason I even replied here is because I don't want people thinking the LS8 is slow - which is bad information.
    Have an iPhone? Than you can get involved right now. Click here to download Cars Connected.

It sure isn't slow by any means (except the LS6.) I'm not sure how it will get quicker while maintaining the same factory power ratings and apparently only adding weight. The old 252hp 3.9 really wasn't up to par though.

I also don't see how the N* is harder to drive than the LS8, they're both automatics, bring the RPM up against the convertor, launch with just a tiny hint of wheelspin, and go.

The LS6 is definitely sluggish.. I don't think the Northstar is harder to drive either.. Even being front wheel drive - I think it's well executed enough to be hardly noticible.

Playdrv4me is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 1992 STS / 2005 MB G500 / 2008 Mini Cooper Clubman S

Just an FYI.. The Lincoln LS8 (the performance version) was faster than the Cadillac Eldorado ETC and Seville STS...

Build quality wasn't anything special. And resale value was in the toilet.
    The build quality of the 03 and up LS was a level above the CTS if you ask me. Very tight car with great handling. Basically, the LS (and Im talkin the OLD one, 00/01', not to even speak of how good the 03' was) was the only domestic Ive ever driven that had the driving dynamics and characteristics of a BMW 3 Series, or close anyway.

Pete Benson is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1990 Fleetwood Coupe

Thumbs down Re: Lincoln Cancels LS?

Quote Originally Posted by Playdrv4me
    The fit and finish of the LS was far better and I mean FAR better than the CTS part for part. The LS also gave its driver conveniences you couldnt get in anything else shy of 50,000.00 including heated and cooled seats, world's first application of a THX based Audio system with touchscreen navigation, and a fully Electronic parking brake, along with a myriad of other conveniences like Xenon lights and park distance sensors.
    You can now get a 2003 LS Premium Sport with DVD Nav and THX for 23000.00.
    Who cares? The car is so crucifyingly dull to look at - both inside and out - that it's a miracle to me that anyone could stay awake long enough to actually get in and drive the damned thing.

Jesda is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): An endless stream of Sevilles.

I actually like the LS best from the outside. The arched dome roof and beefy shoulders give it a powerful stance. Nice clean lines all around.

Playdrv4me is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 1992 STS / 2005 MB G500 / 2008 Mini Cooper Clubman S

Quote Originally Posted by Jesda
    I actually like the LS best from the outside. The arched dome roof and beefy shoulders give it a powerful stance. Nice clean lines all around.
    I agree... I dont actually find the CTS much more "exciting" to look at than the LS, each for their own reasons.

LaneWvr is offline BAD EMAIL ADDRESS
    Automobile(s): 81 Coupe DeVille 4/6/8

It's a shame if you ask me, I like the LS. When I worked at a Lin/Merc dealer, driving the LS was the highlight of the day, unless I got to inspect a cool used car. The only Lin. I could have any fun in. The TCs, Grand Marquis, Navi's, Sables and Cougars where boring as hell. As long as it was the V8 & 5 speed auto I loved them. The LS I could haulass in, it handled decent, I could turn off the T.C. and drift it a little. The LSE's looked real nice. In general I hate Fords, but I would actually buy a LS. They were neglected though, no advertising, no performace model, it just shows that Ford is dumb. I do like the GT40 and the looks of the new mustang, but you still couldn't pay me to own one.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.