STS vs M5 - Page 7
Cadillac
 

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
Results 91 to 105 of 106
Cadillac or competing brand model ? Why ? Discussion, STS vs M5 in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; Originally Posted by 156MPH I like the "scorecard" . I dont do ricers anymore unless they look impressive. I had ...
  1. #91
    Mikethegreeat is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    So CaLi
    Age
    28
    Posts
    247

    Re: STS vs M5

    Quote Originally Posted by 156MPH
    I like the "scorecard" . I dont do ricers anymore unless they look impressive. I had raced numerous "redneck" pickups....why do they think if they put LOUD pipes on a dodge ram they think its fast?

    you race..but your a cop... whats this world coming too!!!!!


  2. #92
    mtflight's Avatar
    mtflight is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1999 White Diamond ETC
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    2,531

    Re: STS vs M5

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackout
    ...Katshot [sic] has oh so much more knowledge then anybody else on here and he even agree's with me ... I'll have him come on and explain to you as to why it [Northstar] isn't a performance engine. besides he already had this discussion before but if you want he will be more then happy to refresh your memory
    I'm sorry but I disagree that Katshot has that "much more knowledge" or that he really knows what he's talking about most of the time...

    My opinion is that, on most ocasions, you and Katshot throw in your unsolicited $0.02 and that usually it's a blanket disagreement regardless of whatever facts may be presented.

    On the post below, you may find out some answers to your own questions about engines and about performance and modifications. Very informative, and revealing as to who doesn't really know what they speak.

    http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...-want-one.html

  3. #93
    illumina's Avatar
    illumina is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '98 Buick Regal LS - '91 Caddy Seville - '87 Caddy Seville!
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    The Empire...
    Posts
    4,425

    Re: STS vs M5

    Here's a fact:

    The last post in this thread before today was on April 26th, 2004. It is now March 24th, 2006; almost exactly two years to the day...

  4. #94
    mtflight's Avatar
    mtflight is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1999 White Diamond ETC
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    2,531

    Re: STS vs M5

    Quote Originally Posted by illumina
    Here's a fact:

    The last post in this thread before today was on April 26th, 2004. It is now March 24th, 2006; almost exactly two years to the day...
    I know. I just had to comment on the statement I quoted. Maybe it was uncalled for and possibly forgotten but what the heck.

  5. #95
    SL1CK's Avatar
    SL1CK is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1996 Cadillac Seville STS
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Age
    25
    Posts
    535

    Re: STS vs M5

    Beemer did you see this thread?? Sign!!

    http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...k-n-if-we.html

  6. #96
    Blackout's Avatar
    Blackout is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1995 FTS
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Dover, DE
    Age
    31
    Posts
    4,578

    Re: STS vs M5

    Quote Originally Posted by mtflight
    I'm sorry but I disagree that Katshot has that "much more knowledge" or that he really knows what he's talking about most of the time...

    My opinion is that, on most ocasions, you and Katshot throw in your unsolicited $0.02 and that usually it's a blanket disagreement regardless of whatever facts may be presented.

    On the post below, you may find out some answers to your own questions about engines and about performance and modifications. Very informative, and revealing as to who doesn't really know what they speak.

    http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...-want-one.html
    the fact is you have no life if your going back 2 years to try and talk shit on me

  7. #97
    mtflight's Avatar
    mtflight is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1999 White Diamond ETC
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    2,531

    Re: STS vs M5

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackout
    the fact is you have no life if your going back 2 years to try and talk shit on me
    LOL. I didn't know this post even existed, and u had nothing to do with it when I found it, except for the fact you and your dad know little about Cadillacs, yet claim to know everything. Your subjective response, proves it.

    Cheers.

  8. #98
    Blackout's Avatar
    Blackout is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1995 FTS
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Dover, DE
    Age
    31
    Posts
    4,578

    Re: STS vs M5

    Quote Originally Posted by mtflight
    LOL. I didn't know this post even existed, and u had nothing to do with it when I found it, except for the fact you and your dad know little about Cadillacs, yet claim to know everything. Your subjective response, proves it.

    Cheers.
    lol.....your joking right? Yeah umm......my dad knows little about Cadillac. Thats why Cadillac was wanting him to work for them in their fleet department because he knows oh so little about them. All you know is how the N* IS THE BESTEST ENGINE EVER AND NOTHING ELSE MATTERS!!! When you get a clue about oh i dunno.....anything. Then I guess you can say something. But the fact still remains that you brougth a thread that is 2 years old to try and make yourself feel better because you try to belittle me and my dad when actuality your the tool for going back this far to try and make yourself look good.

  9. #99
    mtflight's Avatar
    mtflight is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1999 White Diamond ETC
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    2,531

    Re: STS vs M5

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackout
    lol.....your joking right? Yeah umm......my dad knows little about Cadillac. Thats why Cadillac was wanting him to work for them in their fleet department because he knows oh so little about them. All you know is how the N* IS THE BESTEST ENGINE EVER AND NOTHING ELSE MATTERS!!! When you get a clue about oh i dunno.....anything. Then I guess you can say something. But the fact still remains that you brougth a thread that is 2 years old to try and make yourself feel better because you try to belittle me and my dad when actuality your the tool for going back this far to try and make yourself look good.
    Hmm... I really don't have time to argue with you because we both lose. I lose my time, and you lose the argument.

    I could care less about making myself look good. What would the benefit be in a forum? Quite a ridiculous statement--and guess who made it? Not I.

    I've been on the forum for well over a year and I keep seeing a wall that people slam into. That wall would be the bubble bursting Blackout and Katshot. You guys have very few positive things to say about anything on the forum. Any opportunity that you guys have to put something down--you guys do not hesitate to jump to the ocasion.

    There are hundreds of thousands of Northstars out there that make their owners happy (possibly well over a million). It seems your self-appointed position is to put folks down, with what kind of backup? What motive?

    Some people get a kick of putting others down--but just hanging around the forum waiting to jump on it, is a little much.

    I had never read the statements you made on this two year old thread and lo and behold I come across your statements which are not different in your modus operandi today.

    Big deal. It's not like I'm pointing out something you never said or something that never happened. It's here for anyone to read and make up their own mind.

    I'm sorry I hurt your feelings. I'll try not to do so again.

    Take care.

  10. #100
    Zorb750 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1997 Eldorado, 2003 Audi RS6
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Oakland County, MI
    Age
    31
    Posts
    1,320

    Re: STS vs M5

    Everybody's wrong. Get over it.

    Who dug up this thread anwyay? The very topic is stupid, the cars aren't even in the same class. And you can't say you're talking about the STS-V because it didn't even exist when this thread was started.

  11. #101
    Blackout's Avatar
    Blackout is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1995 FTS
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Dover, DE
    Age
    31
    Posts
    4,578

    Re: STS vs M5

    Quote Originally Posted by mtflight
    Hmm... I really don't have time to argue with you because we both lose.
    You odn't really have the time but yet you make this long drawn out post

    I lose my time, and you lose the argument.
    What argument? This thread was made before you were even a member. So i guess I was trying to pick an argument with you before you were even here? Yeah ummm.....thats some good logic your using

    I could care less about making myself look good. What would the benefit be in a forum? Quite a ridiculous statement--and guess who made it? Not I.
    Exactly because you weren't even around when this thread was going on. But for some reason or another you decided to bring this back from the dead and proceed to knock on my dad and I. The only reason for doing this would be to make yourself look good or to try and stir up some shit

    I've been on the forum for well over a year and I keep seeing a wall that people slam into. That wall would be the bubble bursting Blackout and Katshot.
    Congrats on being on here for over a year. I've been here for about 3 years now. I've seen many gusy like you come and go and think you have all this knowledge about this and that but you have little knowledge on much of anything let alone what has happened on these forums for the past few years. You've pretty much brought back a topic that has been discussed a few times now and I have already stated my position on the N* numerous times. If you didn't read it then oh well I'm not going to go back and explain myself for some guy that is a forum lurker.
    You guys have very few positive things to say about anything on the forum.
    Oh ok. Thats why I have helped many people out with any questions that I can answer and I just got a PM from illumina the other day asking me a question and I was more then happy to help him out as best as I could. And also at the sametime anytime I see anything Cadillac related I post it up on here. I mean a thread I started is now a link on the front page of the forum as well as the top of the forum main page.
    Any opportunity that you guys have to put something down--you guys do not hesitate to jump to the ocasion.
    Well if someone is claiming that the N* is the best enegine ever and this and that well then yes you need to say something. If I put something down it is off of either first hand experience that I know and that is why I am putting it down or stuff I have learned/read over the years. Unlike you I have no brand loyalty. Just because this is a Cadillac forum doesn't mean that it should be proclaiming Cadillac to be the best in every fascate of the automotive world. Believe it or not there are other luxury car companies and there are better products out there.

    There are hundreds of thousands of Northstars out there that make their owners happy (possibly well over a million). It seems your self-appointed position is to put folks down, with what kind of backup? What motive?
    When there is a sticky about reporting any and all problems about an engine to make a case against the company i think that speaks volumes. I am on many other car forums and I have never seen stuff like I have seen on this forum about N* problems.

  12. #102
    Katshot's Avatar
    Katshot is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Newtown, PA
    Age
    55
    Posts
    6,472

    Re: STS vs M5

    Mtflight,
    What possible reason would you have for digging this old thread up? And is there any particular reason why I'm getting bashed here? I didn't even post here, although I was certainly talked about enough throughout the 5 pages. I'm seeing this thread for the first time as a matter of fact. Not that I'm dying to comment on this but what the hell..
    From what I see, my son was being a jerk and making some ridiculous posts. Some people called him on them and a typical forum argument ensued. blah, blah, blah.. He's a big boy and can take care of himself. The mere fact that I didn't post in this thread to "set everyone straight about the Northstar" should speak volumes to even the most casual observer.
    I think Gothicaleigh pretty much summed up my feelings on the Northstar vs. LT1 subject so I'll just leave it at that.
    Now if anybody should want me, I'll be off spreading my ignorance around the forum.

  13. #103
    mtflight's Avatar
    mtflight is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1999 White Diamond ETC
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    2,531

    Re: STS vs M5

    Quote Originally Posted by Katshot
    From what I see, my son was being a jerk and making some ridiculous posts. Some people called him on them and a typical forum argument ensued. blah, blah, blah.. He's a big boy and can take care of himself. The mere fact that I didn't post in this thread to "set everyone straight about the Northstar" should speak volumes to even the most casual observer.
    I found the post through an innocent search and obviously didn't like the opinionated rant (usual song and dance). From reading any posts where Blakshot contributes, it would appear that his mission in life is to bash the N*. One would hope he is more productive in real life.

    My interest was to point out that if someone gets their bubble popped because someone on the sideline is looking for bubbles to pop, they should take it with a grain of salt--understanding that:

    Everyone is entitled to their opinion; albeit not to their own facts.

    And Katshot, you're right. I guess he should've owned up to what he said, and that would've been the end of that. I certainly didn't put any words in his mouth; merely pointed out what he posted.

    Apologies for stirring the pot! Case closed.

  14. #104
    mtflight's Avatar
    mtflight is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1999 White Diamond ETC
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    2,531

    Re: STS vs M5

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackout
    You odn't really have the time but yet you make this long drawn out post

    What argument? This thread was made before you were even a member. So i guess I was trying to pick an argument with you before you were even here? Yeah ummm.....thats some good logic your using

    Exactly because you weren't even around when this thread was going on. But for some reason or another you decided to bring this back from the dead and proceed to knock on my dad and I. The only reason for doing this would be to make yourself look good or to try and stir up some shit

    Congrats on being on here for over a year. I've been here for about 3 years now. I've seen many gusy like you come and go and think you have all this knowledge about this and that but you have little knowledge on much of anything let alone what has happened on these forums for the past few years. You've pretty much brought back a topic that has been discussed a few times now and I have already stated my position on the N* numerous times. If you didn't read it then oh well I'm not going to go back and explain myself for some guy that is a forum lurker.
    Oh ok. Thats why I have helped many people out with any questions that I can answer and I just got a PM from illumina the other day asking me a question and I was more then happy to help him out as best as I could. And also at the sametime anytime I see anything Cadillac related I post it up on here. I mean a thread I started is now a link on the front page of the forum as well as the top of the forum main page.
    Well if someone is claiming that the N* is the best enegine ever and this and that well then yes you need to say something. If I put something down it is off of either first hand experience that I know and that is why I am putting it down or stuff I have learned/read over the years. Unlike you I have no brand loyalty. Just because this is a Cadillac forum doesn't mean that it should be proclaiming Cadillac to be the best in every fascate of the automotive world. Believe it or not there are other luxury car companies and there are better products out there.

    When there is a sticky about reporting any and all problems about an engine to make a case against the company i think that speaks volumes. I am on many other car forums and I have never seen stuff like I have seen on this forum about N* problems.
    Maybe when I have some time I'll come back and read all this B.S. you typed up

  15. #105
    Blackout's Avatar
    Blackout is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1995 FTS
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Dover, DE
    Age
    31
    Posts
    4,578

    Re: STS vs M5

    Quote Originally Posted by mtflight
    Apologies for stirring the pot! Case closed.
    Maybe when I have some time I'll come back and read all this B.S. you typed up
    Which is it?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Bookmarks

Cadillac Posting Rules

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Read about Lincoln | Buick | Kia Forte Forum
Need products for your Cadillac? Check out your options at the links below:

custom floor mats | Cadillac Chrome and Black Chrome Wheels | window tinting