Cadillac Owners Forum banner
5K views 25 replies 16 participants last post by  repo man 
#1 ·
See less See more
#5 ·
this was my thinking when I found this car:

-want new car, dont wanna spend much over 30K$
-reliable mid size, luxury

I was looking at the Infiti G class, Lex Es330, even honda accord ex V6 with nav (which is bloody cheap now around 25K).....nothing exciting here.

Then this car, although I wish I could afford the GS, its still pretty nice.
I get the RWD/Nav/Luxo parts of my wishlist PLUS paddleshift and button start (2 things I thought was out of my reach)

#6 ·
The new Lexus IS is nice. Dare I say "en fuego". It looks good, has nice features. Over 300 hp hmmm I wonder if these can beat the N*:hide: ?
*:getaway: before he gets tarred and feathered by the angry mob*

#17 ·
powerglide said:
this was my thinking when I found this car:
-want new car, dont wanna spend much over 30K$
-reliable mid size, luxury
I was looking at the Infiti G class, Lex Es330, even honda accord ex V6 with nav (which is bloody cheap now around 25K).....nothing exciting here.
Then this car, although I wish I could afford the GS, its still pretty nice.
I get the RWD/Nav/Luxo parts of my wishlist PLUS paddleshift and button start (2 things I thought was out of my reach)
Test drove the new IS350 and its very impressive. Very quick launch from a stand still compared to my 3.6L CTS. Handling feels more responsive too. A recent C&D comparison gives the CTS better skidpad numbers but the IS feels quicker through the corners. The IS interior is much quieter and has better quality materials.

I am 6'3" 205lbs and the IS has more headroom than my CTS. The IS rear seats are not where I would want to sit for extended trips. The CTS definately wins there.

#19 ·
I've been seeing them on the road here and they ARE very impressive.. I'd rather have an IS than a GS now.. The IS is small, but the interior is more comfortable and impressive to me.. I don't think it'll steal too many CTS sales, however.. The styling is very nice, but the CTS is still a bit more impressive - to me... Other than the interior, that is... The IS interior is perfect...

#20 ·
Administrator said:
I've been seeing them on the road here and they ARE very impressive.. I'd rather have an IS than a GS now.. The IS is small, but the interior is more comfortable and impressive to me.. I don't think it'll steal too many CTS sales, however.. The styling is very nice, but the CTS is still a bit more impressive - to me... Other than the interior, that is... The IS interior is perfect...
Anything has to be more reliable than my CTS. Had to call Roadside Assistance yesterday because it wouldn't start. Add one more problem to my list.

Visited my local Lexus dealer today and put down a deposit on a new IS350, should arrive in sixty days.

#23 ·
darrelld said:
Anything has to be more reliable than my CTS. Had to call Roadside Assistance yesterday because it wouldn't start. Add one more problem to my list.
Visited my local Lexus dealer today and put down a deposit on a new IS350, should arrive in sixty days.
WHOA! :eek:

Congrats Darrell, be sure to keep us updated, we dont want to lose you just cause your driving something with a different badge on it!

When you start your search for a good Lexus community, dont forget to check out ClubLexus, great resource for Lexus information.

#24 ·
Playdrv4me said:
WHOA! :eek:
Congrats Darrell, be sure to keep us updated, we dont want to lose you just cause your driving something with a different badge on it!
When you start your search for a good Lexus community, dont forget to check out ClubLexus, great resource for Lexus information.
Thanks, I will keep you guys updated on my Lexus experience.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.