New Lexus IS - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Cadillac or competing brand model ? Why ? Discussion, New Lexus IS in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; Originally Posted by Nocturn Since when was push botton start a big luxery feature? Hey, my stepdad's '48 Chevy had ...
    Randy_W is offline Banned

Re: New Lexus IS

Quote Originally Posted by Nocturn
    Since when was push botton start a big luxery feature?
    Hey, my stepdad's '48 Chevy had push button start!

darrelld is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by powerglide
    this was my thinking when I found this car:
    -want new car, dont wanna spend much over 30K$
    -reliable mid size, luxury
    I was looking at the Infiti G class, Lex Es330, even honda accord ex V6 with nav (which is bloody cheap now around 25K).....nothing exciting here.
    Then this car, although I wish I could afford the GS, its still pretty nice.
    I get the RWD/Nav/Luxo parts of my wishlist PLUS paddleshift and button start (2 things I thought was out of my reach)
    Test drove the new IS350 and its very impressive. Very quick launch from a stand still compared to my 3.6L CTS. Handling feels more responsive too. A recent C&D comparison gives the CTS better skidpad numbers but the IS feels quicker through the corners. The IS interior is much quieter and has better quality materials.

I am 6'3" 205lbs and the IS has more headroom than my CTS. The IS rear seats are not where I would want to sit for extended trips. The CTS definately wins there.

LaneWvr is offline BAD EMAIL ADDRESS
    Automobile(s): 81 Coupe DeVille 4/6/8

Thats a nice looking Lex.

Lord Cadillac is offline Cadillac Maniac
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Escalade

I've been seeing them on the road here and they ARE very impressive.. I'd rather have an IS than a GS now.. The IS is small, but the interior is more comfortable and impressive to me.. I don't think it'll steal too many CTS sales, however.. The styling is very nice, but the CTS is still a bit more impressive - to me... Other than the interior, that is... The IS interior is perfect...
    Please help us keep CadillacOwners.com online. Become a Site Supporter today. You'll get more than a "thank you" in return.

In loving memory of Angelo Anthony Quagliaralillo... Rest in peace..

Quote Originally Posted by Administrator
    I've been seeing them on the road here and they ARE very impressive.. I'd rather have an IS than a GS now.. The IS is small, but the interior is more comfortable and impressive to me.. I don't think it'll steal too many CTS sales, however.. The styling is very nice, but the CTS is still a bit more impressive - to me... Other than the interior, that is... The IS interior is perfect...
    Anything has to be more reliable than my CTS. Had to call Roadside Assistance yesterday because it wouldn't start. Add one more problem to my list.

Visited my local Lexus dealer today and put down a deposit on a new IS350, should arrive in sixty days.

I'm sure you'll be providing us with very indepth comparisons! No?
    Please help us keep CadillacOwners.com online. Become a Site Supporter today. You'll get more than a "thank you" in return.

Quote Originally Posted by Administrator
    I'm sure you'll be providing us with very indepth comparisons! No?
    I will provide some feedback as soon as I get a few miles on the IS350.

Playdrv4me is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 1992 STS / 2005 MB G500 / 2008 Mini Cooper Clubman S

Quote Originally Posted by darrelld
    Anything has to be more reliable than my CTS. Had to call Roadside Assistance yesterday because it wouldn't start. Add one more problem to my list.
    Visited my local Lexus dealer today and put down a deposit on a new IS350, should arrive in sixty days.
    WHOA!

Congrats Darrell, be sure to keep us updated, we dont want to lose you just cause your driving something with a different badge on it!

When you start your search for a good Lexus community, dont forget to check out ClubLexus, great resource for Lexus information.

Quote Originally Posted by Playdrv4me
    WHOA!
    Congrats Darrell, be sure to keep us updated, we dont want to lose you just cause your driving something with a different badge on it!
    When you start your search for a good Lexus community, dont forget to check out ClubLexus, great resource for Lexus information.
    Thanks, I will keep you guys updated on my Lexus experience.

repo man is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Talking Re: New Lexus IS

Quote Originally Posted by Jesda
    I'm not sold on the looks, but the numbers are quite impressive.
    The question is, do your pants like it?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.