Lexus LX470 is the Volkswagen Beetle of SUVs
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac or competing brand model ? Why ? Discussion, Lexus LX470 is the Volkswagen Beetle of SUVs in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; Yes, I went a little overboard with the title but I wanted to catch your attention. I just sat in ...
    BeelzeBob is offline I'm a Cadillac Fanatic!

Lexus LX470 is the Volkswagen Beetle of SUVs

Yes, I went a little overboard with the title but I wanted to catch your attention. I just sat in the Lexus LX470 - their "big" SUV. They have their big one, the LX470, a middle one, the GX470 which is about the same height - just a little thinner, and the RX330, their small SUV.

The LX470 costs about $70k or a little over when full loaded.. It's terribly overpriced, in my opinion. The leather on the seats, instead of resembling the semi-analine of the LS430, more closely resembled the leather in a Toyota Camry. I can't even believe they wouldn't use their best leather in their most expensive vehicle. It's also small! Shorter in length than the LS430. It felt cramped inside. The LS430 felt more roomy. Isn't an SUV supposed to be big? It felt like the driver's side window was in my way - and I couldn't rest my arm near the window because there's not enough room. My arm kept falling off.

The interior is very well laid-out and luxurious-looking, but it's just too small. I'm understanding that the new Escalade will have a much better interior than the current model. If you're considering an SUV and the Lexus LX470 is on your list, wait until January when the new Escalade is rolling around. The Lincoln Navigator also had plenty of room and was more comfortable than the LX470. The Infiniti QX56, however, is the plushest out of all the SUVs I've sat in so far. I don't hear many good things about it's build quality - though 0-60 in 6.8 is quite impressive.
    If this site has helped you save money, please consider helping it continue to do so. Click here for information!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Boombotz is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 Escalade, 06 SRX

Re: Lexus LX470 is the Volkswagen Beetle of SUVs

I can't wait for the new Escalade. That will be my next purchase. Or I will wait for the following year, so they have the bugs worked out.

I'm really, really itching to see what this new Escalade is going to be like. It's only like 6 months away. When are we going to see some pictures?
    If this site has helped you save money, please consider helping it continue to do so. Click here for information!

Jesda is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): An endless stream of Sevilles.

We (parents) have an LX470. Its super comfy, rides like a cloud, and has a vault-like cabin. Wind noise? Road noise? None! There's plenty of power too. Interior room is a bit of a joke, especially the hilarious third row which is only good for poodles. I think its ugly as sin.

It really does ride soft, huh? Have you ever been in an LS430? If so, could you give me a comparison regarding ride?

Never driven an LS other than the LS400, and that one was already 14 years old. I thought it was more carlike than the short-wheelbase Escalade I drove last year, with less intrusive drivetrain noises and a more supple ride over rough surfaces. Not sure about handling, since I never trust big trucks enough to really test them around corners. It felt acceptably secure and tracked well down the highway. The LX470 could really use some more power. I was driving it alone, and while it wasn't bad, I suspect it starts to get sluggish with a few passengers and luggage.

Hmm.. Was it nearly as soft over bumps as the LS400?

Yes, absolutely. But the LS400 was a 1990 with 190k and the LX470 is a 2003 with 30k.

I'd be willing to bet that the LS400 took bumps just about as soft as when it was new...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.