general differences between Cadillac and Lincoln?? - Page 2
Cadillac
 

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 115
Cadillac or competing brand model ? Why ? Discussion, general differences between Cadillac and Lincoln?? in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; Originally Posted by JC316 HOLD IT!!!!! The Mark VIII does NOT use a cobra motor. The Cobra uses a Mark ...
  1. #16
    davesdeville's Avatar
    davesdeville is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 1995 ETC, 75 Deville, Cad500 powered 73 Apollo, 94 Mark VIII
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Albuquerque, NM
    Age
    26
    Posts
    7,971

    Re: general differences between Cadillac and Lincoln??

    Quote Originally Posted by JC316
    HOLD IT!!!!! The Mark VIII does NOT use a cobra motor. The Cobra uses a Mark VIII motor. Lincolns are usually quicker than Cadillacs, but give off a rougher ride. Cadillac uses a more "European Luxury" Lincoln goes for more "Sporty Luxury". Caddy and Lincoln both have cool gadets that usually don't work and cost a lot to fix. Lincoln has more comfy intereior, but Caddy has more class on the inside. Lincoln has better styling than Caddy, but the caddy gets better gas milage. These are the best comparisons I can come up with.
    Sorry, I was going by volume and I'm fairly confident there were more Cobras made. Styling is subjective, I like both companys styling ideas excluding the newer Town Cars.

    And wait a minute. The ETC is faster than the Mark VIII. The DeVille is WAY faster than the Town Car. The Seville is faster than the Continental ever was. And the CTS V6 is about as fast as the LS8, and don't make me bring up the V series.

  2. #17
    davesdeville's Avatar
    davesdeville is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 1995 ETC, 75 Deville, Cad500 powered 73 Apollo, 94 Mark VIII
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Albuquerque, NM
    Age
    26
    Posts
    7,971

    Re: general differences between Cadillac and Lincoln??

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackout
    Oh really?
    Yeah now that you mention it I'm damn sure the Northstar is above all a Cadillac engine. Used in literally hundreds of thousands of Cadillacs, and a few Olds and Buicks.

  3. #18
    caddydaddy's Avatar
    caddydaddy is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2005 Escalade 6.0L 2WD, 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited CRD
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Belle Chasse, LA
    Age
    32
    Posts
    3,649

    Re: general differences between Cadillac and Lincoln??

    Just read the engine cover of the first few years of Northstars! "Made exclusively for Cadillac by General Motors".

  4. #19
    90Brougham350's Avatar
    90Brougham350 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 94 FWB, 93 SDV, 94 FWB (sold), 90 Brougham (sold)
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    River Falls, WI
    Age
    28
    Posts
    3,730

    Re: general differences between Cadillac and Lincoln??

    Quote Originally Posted by caddydaddy
    Just read the engine cover of the first few years of Northstars! "Made exclusively for Cadillac by General Motors".

    Hey! It says the same thing on the air cleaner sitting atop the Chevy 350 in my Brougham! Wow!

    Brian

  5. #20
    caddydaddy's Avatar
    caddydaddy is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2005 Escalade 6.0L 2WD, 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited CRD
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Belle Chasse, LA
    Age
    32
    Posts
    3,649

    Re: general differences between Cadillac and Lincoln??

    Quote Originally Posted by 90Brougham350
    Hey! It says the same thing on the air cleaner sitting atop the Chevy 350 in my Brougham! Wow!

    Brian

    The air cleaner on the Broughams was a Cadillac exclusive!

  6. #21
    Blackout's Avatar
    Blackout is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1995 FTS
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Dover, DE
    Age
    30
    Posts
    4,578

    Re: general differences between Cadillac and Lincoln??

    Quote Originally Posted by davesdeville
    Yeah now that you mention it I'm damn sure the Northstar is above all a Cadillac engine. Used in literally hundreds of thousands of Cadillacs, and a few Olds and Buicks.
    The Northstar was originally from what company........begins with Olds and ends with mobile.....

  7. #22
    caddydaddy's Avatar
    caddydaddy is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2005 Escalade 6.0L 2WD, 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited CRD
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Belle Chasse, LA
    Age
    32
    Posts
    3,649

    Re: general differences between Cadillac and Lincoln??

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackout
    The Northstar was originally from what company........begins with Olds and ends with mobile.....
    B Rob, has said that Olds had nothing to do with the Northstar!

  8. #23
    davesdeville's Avatar
    davesdeville is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 1995 ETC, 75 Deville, Cad500 powered 73 Apollo, 94 Mark VIII
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Albuquerque, NM
    Age
    26
    Posts
    7,971

    Re: general differences between Cadillac and Lincoln??

    GM engineer or you... who to believe, who to believe...


  9. #24
    JC316 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 98 Seville SLS *Lord Vadar*
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    DFW Texas
    Age
    28
    Posts
    1,403

    Re: general differences between Cadillac and Lincoln??

    Hmm, not sure about the ETC and Mark. It would be interesting to run a 96 LSC Mark vs a 96 ETC and see who would win. I know the ETC would whoop a Gen2 mark. Deville beating a Towncar I would agree with this as the town cars are slow as shit. According to the consumer guide, a 96 Connie will beat a seville SLS and match a STS. And the new towncar styling blows.

  10. #25
    ben72227 is offline Banned
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Arkansas
    Posts
    1,483

    Re: general differences between Cadillac and Lincoln??

    Lincoln was IMO at Cadillac's level in the 70s, but since then they've been 2nd when it comes to American Luxury. Lincolns (and Ford in general) always seemed so bland, while Cadillacs were flamboyant and flashy.

  11. #26
    Ralph's Avatar
    Ralph is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Cadillac
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Saskatchewan, Canada
    Posts
    16,024

    Re: general differences between Cadillac and Lincoln??

    Quote Originally Posted by ben72227
    Lincoln was IMO at Cadillac's level in the 70s, but since then they've been 2nd when it comes to American Luxury. Lincolns (and Ford in general) always seemed so bland, while Cadillacs were flamboyant and flashy.
    Actually until around 1950 Lincoln did better that Cadillac and Cadillac has been on top since then.

    Cadillac was on top of the game in the 1970's.

  12. #27
    addison_ii's Avatar
    addison_ii is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1994 Sedan Deville
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Twin Cities, Minnesota
    Age
    32
    Posts
    2,146

    Re: general differences between Cadillac and Lincoln??

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackout
    The Northstar was originally from what company........begins with Olds and ends with mobile.....
    No the Northstar was actually conceived by Cadillac. If you remember the 1988 Voyage engine was the prototype for the Vin Y NorthStar(4.5HO producing 275hp). Olds used the smaller variation of the engine for the Aurora 4.0ltr.

  13. #28
    davesdeville's Avatar
    davesdeville is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 1995 ETC, 75 Deville, Cad500 powered 73 Apollo, 94 Mark VIII
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Albuquerque, NM
    Age
    26
    Posts
    7,971

    Re: general differences between Cadillac and Lincoln??

    Quote Originally Posted by JC316
    Hmm, not sure about the ETC and Mark. It would be interesting to run a 96 LSC Mark vs a 96 ETC and see who would win. I know the ETC would whoop a Gen2 mark. Deville beating a Towncar I would agree with this as the town cars are slow as shit. According to the consumer guide, a 96 Connie will beat a seville SLS and match a STS. And the new towncar styling blows.
    The ETC will take the LSC. My friends Mark VIII non LSC runs 1/4 second slower than my ETC, the extra 10hp isn't going to make that up. The ETC has slightly better power/weight and 3.71 gearing.

  14. #29
    Randy_W is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    1,063

    Re: general differences between Cadillac and Lincoln??

    Quote Originally Posted by addison_ii
    No the Northstar was actually conceived by Cadillac. If you remember the 1988 Voyage engine was the prototype for the Vin Y NorthStar(4.5HO producing 275hp). Olds used the smaller variation of the engine for the Aurora 4.0ltr.
    Don't listen to old Ford Boy! The Northstar was designed and built for Cadillac first.

  15. #30
    JC316 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 98 Seville SLS *Lord Vadar*
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    DFW Texas
    Age
    28
    Posts
    1,403

    Re: general differences between Cadillac and Lincoln??

    Quote Originally Posted by davesdeville
    The ETC will take the LSC. My friends Mark VIII non LSC runs 1/4 second slower than my ETC, the extra 10hp isn't going to make that up. The ETC has slightly better power/weight and 3.71 gearing.
    Still not sure about that, as the LSC adds 3.27 rear end gears and gets 295 HP. Not only that, but the "weight difference" is a mere 6LBS in favor of the lincoln (3768 for the mark and 3774 for the eldo). And if you want to get right down to it, it is really the skill of the drivers (reaction time, gear selection etc etc..) and certain variables such as tire pressureand how much gas is in the tank that are other factors in the times. So really, it is too close to call.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Bookmarks

Cadillac Posting Rules

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Read about Lincoln | Buick | Kia Forte Forum
Need products for your Cadillac? Check out your options at the links below:

custom floor mats | Cadillac Chrome and Black Chrome Wheels | window tinting