Mistake an ETC for a Lincoln?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Cadillac or competing brand model ? Why ? Discussion, Mistake an ETC for a Lincoln? in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; Last night I decided to get some Wendy's drive through, when I got to the window the girl asked me ...
    EldoLak is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Currently Cadillacless

Mistake an ETC for a Lincoln?

Last night I decided to get some Wendy's drive through, when I got to the window the girl asked me if my car was a Lincoln? WHAT!? I couldn't have felt more insulted. Then I just realized she's a drive through window girl and the only guys she's been around only drive lincolns at best

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

davesdeville is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 1995 ETC, 75 Deville, Cad500 powered 73 Apollo, 94 Mark VIII

Re: Mistake an ETC for a Lincoln?

Some people know nothing about cars. The only coupe Lincoln has made lately is the Mark VIIIs, and the ETCs look nothing like the Marks. For that matter they look nothing like the Continentals or Town Cars either... Like I said some people know nothing about cars.

Blackout is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1995 FTS

i had the same thing with my car. I went over my buddies house last week and his mom was out front and was like nice car is that a Cadillac. Now that was embarrassing

We can all agree being mistaken for a Lincoln or Cadillac is better than... like Acura or something. Man it pissed me off once time some guy informed me I could've bought an integra for what I spent on my ETC.

I~LUV~Caddys8792 is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 1992 Town Car Cartier & 2014 Accord LX MTX

i may have to purchase a new car, because mine leaks coolant and i run the risk of it over heating and killing the motor. my father told me i should get something "economical and cheap" meaning 4 cylinder accord, but i would probably end up gettin a Town Car because i hear only good things about them, and i dont hear the best reviews of the 4.9's and the N*'s. I hear pretty good remarks about the '90-'97 TC's the only major thing is the air suspension going bad and if that went, i would get it converted to coils anyways. but hopefully i'll keep the caddy.

The 4.9s are solid and if you keep up the coolant maintenence not much beats a northstar.

Randy_W is offline Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Blackout
    i had the same thing with my car. I went over my buddies house last week and his mom was out front and was like nice car is that a Cadillac. Now that was embarrassing
    OH, you mean because you had to say NO!!!

BeelzeBob is offline I'm a Cadillac Fanatic!

Quote Originally Posted by Randy_W
    OH, you mean because you had to say NO!!!
    Aaahahahahaha
    If this site has helped you save money, please consider helping it continue to do so. Click here for information!

Pimpin_Whity is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Well, u guys had it good compared to one of my experiences. I hat do drive my parents to a party once and when I got there people complemented me on my car but this one guy who has a civic coupe with a manual gearbox is like "that's pretty nice, it's probably a 6-cylinder right?" I tell him it has a 4.6 V8. Then he goes on talking about how quick a civic is with a manual tranny :disappoin . I was happy I didn't have to stay there for too long.

94ETC is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I used to have had to deal with the kid at school with the 2001 Mustang GT.Until I got tired of it and we took the GT and the ETC on the highway.I seldom here from him anymore.

I~LUV~Caddys8792 is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 1992 Town Car Cartier & 2014 Accord LX MTX

Quote Originally Posted by 94ETC
    I used to have had to deal with the kid at school with the 2001 Mustang GT.Until I got tired of it and we took the GT and the ETC on the highway.I seldom here from him anymore.
    lol nice!

Mark0101 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): past 88 Deville

Quote Originally Posted by 94ETC
    aren't gt's under 6 seconds 0-60?

CadillacSTS42005 is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 2005 STS4 1SG: GM Acc Lights, Corsa, Platnium Grille, Volant

Doesnt matter 0-60 on a highway my ETC is Z rated as in NO limiter i bet Mustangs have them ha ha

Blackout is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1995 FTS

Quote Originally Posted by CadillacETC1997
    Doesnt matter 0-60 on a highway my ETC is Z rated as in NO limiter i bet Mustangs have them ha ha
    No speed limiter on Mustangs and what do your Z rated tires have to do with anything?

gothicaleigh is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): Current: None Past: '94 STS, '93 Eldorado, '98 ETC, '03 CTS

Quote Originally Posted by Blackout
    No speed limiter on Mustangs and what do your Z rated tires have to do with anything?
    Cars are chipped from the factory based upon their suspension and speed rating of their tires. Factory Z-rated tires mean a lot.

GT Mustangs are also over-rated by fanboys. If it doesn't have Saleen or Cobra on it: .

Back to the topic:

Cadillacs are finely chiseled while Lincolns are bulbous and bloated looking (at least in the last few generations; there was a time when they used to be much closer in design philosophy). Mistaking one for the other could only come from someone with complete ignorance of cars in general (which sounds to be the case).

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.