What The Lincoln Zephyr SHOULD Have Been - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Cadillac or competing brand model ? Why ? Discussion, What The Lincoln Zephyr SHOULD Have Been in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; Originally Posted by davesdeville Production version looks nice but not as nice as the concept. A bit watered down unfortunately. ...
    Ralph is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Re: What The Lincoln Zephyr SHOULD Have Been

Quote Originally Posted by davesdeville
    Production version looks nice but not as nice as the concept. A bit watered down unfortunately.
    Production version looks "ok" but the concept is amazing! Like someone said, focus groups must have had a different opinion and wanted it to look like a few other cars out there already like the Avalon, etc. Maybe it's more of a "safe bet" with the buying public that way?

It could have been VERY unique, for sure. Perhaps they "watered it down" because Ford is putting the real money to Jaguar for luxury. Maybe the concept would have cost too much to produce in the end...

Sandy is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '93 Cadillac 60 Special; '03 Lincoln TownCar Limited ED

No, not selling the Lincoln. I really love it. Great Car that '03 T.C.
    IF I didn't have it, then a '06 DeVille would be THE one. When I
    bought the T.C. the closest competitior for my dollar was the
    Infiniti M45. But, the wait for it; exactly how I wanted it was like
    10-12 weeks, and I was put off by that & the fact that in order
    to get some of the options I wanted, I had to get the big huge
    navagation screen in the dash's center, which I have no need for,
    and definately did NOT want > thusly the Town Car Limited.
    (Plus, it's American !!)
    I love the rear end on the '06 DeVille. They needed to give it a
    new more formal roofline, and they cheaped out on that part.
    Interior looks good, as well.

majax is offline 32V Northstar

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy
    They can keep it!

Now, I like the 2006 de Ville
    That's great to see you liken the DeVille!

Update! Do you think Lincoln is pricing this competitively? Size-wise, the Zephyr looks to be more of a BMW 3-Series/Mercedes-Benz C-Class competitor than a CTS or 5-Series challenger.

Interesting that Ford is talking about the next 3 Lincolns being a new Aviator, a new Continental, and a new LS.

"Zephyr Priced from $29,995

Lincoln's new Mazda6-derived Zephyr sedan will carry a base price of $29,995, Ford announced on Thursday. The entry-luxury four-door with the waterfall grille will arrive this fall with only six available options but a raft of standard equipment, including a 221-hp, 3.0-liter V-6; a six-speed automatic; 17-inch wheels; anti-lock brakes and traction control; a six-disc CD changer; leather trim; steering-wheel controls; and a choice of dark ebony or light maple trim. The options list includes a THX audio system, a DVD navi system, high-intensity discharge headlamps; chrome wheels; cooled seats and a power moonroof. Fully loaded, Ford says, the Zephyr will top out at $35,575. Lincoln confirms that it will add two new sedans after its next intro, the new Aviator crossover due in 2007. The next two sedans are expected to be successors to the Continental and LS, and both will be derived from the Freestyle/Volvo XC90 architecture."

http://www.thecarconnection.com/Indu...173.A8772.html

davesdeville is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 1995 ETC, 75 Deville, Cad500 powered 73 Apollo, 94 Mark VIII

The LS definately needs a fresh look. And an SVT version with a blown 5.4 would be nice too.

Msilva954 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 92 Deville

The lincoln is a pretty good competitive car...I mean everything is basically standard minus a few options that most people dont need and compared to cars like Audi etc I think style wise it will gain some buyers....its a nice car that Id drive...but only once the new 3.5 is dropped in it

I think the Zephyr is going to be fairly small, as evidenced by the announced pricing.

That latest pic shown in the link seems like the Concept vehicle they were not going with and they made it look more like the Avalon in the end.....strange they would show the concept pic for the pricing, etc.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.