Cadillac Owners Forum banner
18K views 165 replies 14 participants last post by  an01sts 
#1 ·
I wanted to know how well you thought cadillac (namely seville and deville) stacks up against the competition, that is, other luxuary cars. Here is a brief list of cars that i thought of off the top of my head, and all these are assumed to be latest model unless otherwise stated. There is going to be many cars with higher price, because i think that cadillac can compare with these

Lexus LS400/430
MB S class
Lincoln Town car
Audi A8
Jaguar XJ series
BMW 5/7 series
Infiniti Q45
Lexus LS 400/430

These are just a few that i have thought of, please include more if you think there are.

Overall, i think a cadillac is very comprable in the area of performance, although there are some where it is faster and some where it is slower. As far as comfort, I think that there is almost nothing better than a cadillac. Sure, there will be other "conveniences" (like power headrests and pointless stuff like that) in other cars, but overall comfort is second to none. The only thing i see them lacking in is build quality, although i have to say that they have improved over the past 5 years or so. I think that is what seperates them. Back in the 80s when cadillac made their "turn for the worst", I think that took a lot off their name. If you want to be known by what you drive and you have money, they see that in a lexus or BMW moreso than in a cadillac.

See less See more
#129 ·
Brett said:
woo hoo edmunds agrees with me i can stay in the US...
Yea, but Edmunds lists the Corvette and Porsche as a Coupe! And certainly you have to at least agree the the Mini isn't a coupe?!

Besides, I've been to Australia and I wouldn't be looking for a reason to stay here if I could move there. ;)

#133 ·
Well with the way Lutz is shaking up GM right now.... I wouldn't be suprise that it would come here in a few years.

#137 ·
Ausies always had some cool cars. They had retangular headlights way before we did (1978) and they mad some cool looking cars

#138 ·
m3 is nothing but a 3 series with engine and suspension. According to you, if the cadillac came out with an sts that can handle well and have gobs of power then it will be considered a sports car when in fact it's merely a luxury sedan tune for some more fun. What about Audi RS6 station wagon? It handles like a dream and it has 450hp from factory, is that a sports car or a sporty car?
I stand by my statement that M3 isn't a sports car but m roadster/coupe is

#139 ·
I agree the line is so blured that its hard to seperate one from another. I guess I don't know. its kinda like music what fits into what catagory

#140 ·
Brett said:
...and to KC no fair on the inside jokes especially when im the only one on here who can't see it
Sorry about that! But it was way too ugly for public consumption!:D

#141 ·
yeah it was on the hairy side :D lol ;)

#143 ·
Ugly ain't the word for it!!!!! Something about questioning someone's manhood.........oh the horror.........the horror.......

#145 ·
#146 ·
Devil_concours said:
weren't they the one that declared m3 as the winner because it had backseats and z06 won every single test conducted(title of the article was about performance:rolleyes: ).
Anyways, I wonder if they can make the same comparison with the newer z06, where the new z06 produces more power in a lighter form
I think the problem/issue is that the M3 has no competition in the Sport Coupe category. Plus, no one in mid-life crisis is thinking that a sport coupe will help them look better with the girlies. So they have to call it a 'sports car' to get the old guys interested!

I think the Mustang Cobra and the Pontiac GTO, at least technically, are the M3's real competion.

#147 ·
HotRodSaint said:
I think the problem/issue is that the M3 has no competition in the Sport Coupe category. Plus, no one in mid-life crisis is thinking that a sport coupe will help them look better with the girlies. So they have to call it a 'sports car' to get the old guys interested!

I think the Mustang Cobra and the Pontiac GTO, at least technically, are the M3's real competion.
m3s do have competition from its nearest rival audi. It's called rs4 and it has a 380hp engine under the hood irc.

#148 ·
Devil_concours said:
m3s do have competition from its nearest rival audi. It's called rs4 and it has a 380hp engine under the hood irc.
Except it is a sedan and not a coupe. That's why I prefaced my comment with 'technically'.

Besides, they don't offer the RS4 in the US according to Audi's site. At least not yet. Just the RS6.

If we start including car's not offered here, then there is a few more 'coupes' to look at.

#150 ·
those are cool. That woulld be a good car to cruise around in the big city!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.