Cadillac Owners Forum banner
18K views 165 replies 14 participants last post by  an01sts 
#1 ·
I wanted to know how well you thought cadillac (namely seville and deville) stacks up against the competition, that is, other luxuary cars. Here is a brief list of cars that i thought of off the top of my head, and all these are assumed to be latest model unless otherwise stated. There is going to be many cars with higher price, because i think that cadillac can compare with these

Lexus LS400/430
MB S class
Lincoln Town car
Audi A8
Jaguar XJ series
BMW 5/7 series
Infiniti Q45
Lexus LS 400/430

These are just a few that i have thought of, please include more if you think there are.

Overall, i think a cadillac is very comprable in the area of performance, although there are some where it is faster and some where it is slower. As far as comfort, I think that there is almost nothing better than a cadillac. Sure, there will be other "conveniences" (like power headrests and pointless stuff like that) in other cars, but overall comfort is second to none. The only thing i see them lacking in is build quality, although i have to say that they have improved over the past 5 years or so. I think that is what seperates them. Back in the 80s when cadillac made their "turn for the worst", I think that took a lot off their name. If you want to be known by what you drive and you have money, they see that in a lexus or BMW moreso than in a cadillac.

See less See more
#152 ·
I think it should be a Chev

#153 ·
Chevy already has the S10, pontiac doesnt have a good truck like auto.

#154 ·
yeah but this is a car based truck like the elky. the more I talk the more I want

#155 ·
Yes, true. I suffer the same fate!!!

#156 ·
Devil_concours said:
m3s do have competition from its nearest rival audi. It's called rs4 and it has a 380hp engine under the hood irc.
The newest competition from Audi is the new S4 which has a 340 (I think) hp 4.2 L V-8 crammed in and has a similar power to weight ratio to the M3. It too is a sedan though, but a mighty nice one.

#159 ·
I think it is a modernized version of the elkie. At first glance, I didnt like it. But after i looked at it from a few different angles and colors, it is a cool car. Would I buy it? Maybe, not sure.

#160 ·
They won't be laughing when that LS1 leaves them choking on the smoke from burning rubber.

#162 · (Edited)
it all depends on the person. I like how it looks. Of course I'll be the first to say it won't win a beauty contest but for that I'd get a Lambo. Right after I win the lotto.

#163 ·
Allante North * said:
Sorry guys,

I'm not to impressed with the new elkie. I cut my teeth on a 1969 SS and those look more like a Suburu Brat to me.
I TOTALLY agree with you on that! YUK!

#164 ·
well i think that a 1992 Eldo is the best car of all!!! :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy:

Where did this part of the forum come to??? well i missed a lot.

#165 ·
I don't know today's performance rating and handeling, but in the early 90's when I was a Lexus/Cadillac tech, there was no comparison between the Seville and the LS 400. Simply, the Seville would chew it up and spit it out. The LS 400 defense was that maybe so, but once you start to hit 100 to 110, it's . . . Yeah, right. This the United States! Are we reaching? Click! I have never been there, but I have a good imagination, as to square mile per person. They cranking it past 100 on the streets of Toyko?

I'm at a loss as to why the STS's power head rest is a waste. I'm exclusive driver; even so, I have a good imagination. There is driver # 1, me, and driver # 2, the key stashed off in a drawer. Let's say that dirver one is 6'3" and driver 2 is 5'1". The head rest is a safety feature to reduce the chance of whiplash in the advent of a collision. If the poistion isn't set correctly, it can cause more personal injury than without a head rest. Because driver one and two have different settings for the mirrors, streeing wheel, seat postion and head rest settings, that may be the reaon for the ulesless design that Cadillac engineers had in mind when making an electric headrest. If you want ulsless to foucs on useless gadgets, take a look at the Aruora. The whole car is useless gadget.

#166 ·
Oh, one thing that I caught out of the corner of my aged eyes--the comment about useless night vision. I don't have night vision, and I don't think it was available on the 01 STS. The thing is that I have looked through the civilian version of night vision viewers. Even though it's low grade to the military version, it's incredible. Obviously, you are sill at the point, whereby the rods and cones haven't stated to deteroirate. Some people don't suffer from it. For lots of people, however, it starts to kick in about age 40. Yeah, I remember the good ol days when I would have made such a comment.

Obviulsy, you don't keep up on the evolving automtoive history. It was said that tail lights and directionals were useless gadgets, the same with, heaters, automatic transmissions, power brakes, power steering, and A/C. I remember in Automechanics I & II 1974-76, 4 wheel disc brakes were useless gadgets. Mark my words: by 2010 night vision will be standard equipment in all cars.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.