Cadillac Owners Forum banner
18K views 165 replies 14 participants last post by  an01sts 
#1 ·
I wanted to know how well you thought cadillac (namely seville and deville) stacks up against the competition, that is, other luxuary cars. Here is a brief list of cars that i thought of off the top of my head, and all these are assumed to be latest model unless otherwise stated. There is going to be many cars with higher price, because i think that cadillac can compare with these

Lexus LS400/430
MB S class
Lincoln Town car
Audi A8
Jaguar XJ series
BMW 5/7 series
Infiniti Q45
Lexus LS 400/430

These are just a few that i have thought of, please include more if you think there are.

Overall, i think a cadillac is very comprable in the area of performance, although there are some where it is faster and some where it is slower. As far as comfort, I think that there is almost nothing better than a cadillac. Sure, there will be other "conveniences" (like power headrests and pointless stuff like that) in other cars, but overall comfort is second to none. The only thing i see them lacking in is build quality, although i have to say that they have improved over the past 5 years or so. I think that is what seperates them. Back in the 80s when cadillac made their "turn for the worst", I think that took a lot off their name. If you want to be known by what you drive and you have money, they see that in a lexus or BMW moreso than in a cadillac.

See less See more
#52 ·
I once took a M3 for a test drive and teh indian salesman was in the back seat i thought he was about to mess himself when i hit 140 :D and was powersliding around corners. doin tripple didgits and I looks down trying to put the shift knob back on had him worried :D every other shift he knob poped off :D poor guy

#53 ·
Really, sounds you dont mind talking with the uniformed officers in crown vics?? Although in Iowa, that isnt too much of a factor!

#54 ·
they gotta catch me first :D Here in IA the break prusuit at 100 mph and they don't have high speed driving traing like most other states

#55 ·
It sounds just too easy, especially if your in a test car!!!!!!

#56 ·
that or a hearse they don't have the balls to pull one of them over :D

#57 ·
True, if I were a cop I wouldnt pull over a hearse, that would be way to creapy!!!

For that matter, i wouldnt want to be in the back of a hearse, thinking about how many dead people were back there. IDK, I would get over it really fast, but still for that moment it would be weird. It prolly is great for hauling crap around!

#58 ·
it is great!

#60 ·
DOH yeah your right now that I think about it :rolleyes:

Hartge was what I was thinking

#61 ·
I think you are changing your mind because mugen may have something to do with RICERS.

That should be a forbidden word here, lets referr to it as the "R" word!!!!

#62 ·
http://www.hartge.de/html/e46m3uk.html

this is what I want!

#63 ·
http://www.hartge.de/html/m5uk.html

or this

#64 ·
SSWWEETT!!

Would you trade in the dead sled for that??

#65 ·
I don't trade cars I just keep getting more. :D Mabey once i get my own business going I'll get one and deduct it off my taxes :D

#66 ·
Good plan.....

one of my teachers in middle school had about 10 cars, all were bought for less than 1000 dollars. That way, if it stopped running, he would just recycle them and the the money for the metal!

#68 ·
I forgot about the 760. I am sorry, I dont stay on top of the BMW lineup :D

But I agree, that could wipe any cad out there, stock vs stock. In america, it doesnt really pay to have that much power, except for bragging rights, but with the autobahn, i would get the most poweri could get!!!

#69 · (Edited)
Katshot said:
750iL?!
Try a 760Li
6.0 liter V-12 = 438bhp/444lb.-ft.
All this equals 0-60 in less than 6 sec.
Now THAT'S a PROPER road car ;)
from one of our other thread
BMW
3 series
2.5 i6(184hp/175tq), 3.0 i6(225hp/214tq), 3.2 i6(m3)(333hp/262tq)

5 series
2.5 i6(184hp/175tq), 3.0 i6(225hp/214tq), 4.0 v8(290hp/324tq), 4.9 v8(m5)(394hp/368tq)

7 series
4.4 v8(325hp/330tq), 6.0 v12(438hp/444tq)

MB
c class
supercharged 1.8 i4(189hp/192tq), 2.6 v6(168hp/177tq), 3.2 v6(215hp/221tq), supercharged 3.2 v6(c32 amg)(349hp/332tq)

e class
3.2 v6(221hp/232tq), 5.0 v8(302hp/339tq)

s class
4.3 v8(275hp/295tq), 5.0 v8(302hp/339tq), 5.5 v12(493hp/590tq), supercharged 5.5 v8(s55 amg)(493hp/516tq)
check out mb's 5.5l v12

#70 ·
I have of it, but dont know anything about it. Care to enlighten us???

#72 ·
thats weird, smaller engine, more power and torque.

It prolly has an insane compression ratio or something

Attachments

#74 ·
ok, well that explains it. if BMWs was intercooled twinturbo, it would be much higher.

#75 ·
I got a thing for the smaller 3 and 5 series cars I also thing the Z3 Coupe is very cool

#76 ·
Z3, cool car, but wouldnt want to drive one too often, because if i got in a wreck in that i would be toast. Just like a mazda mitata

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.