cadillac VS ....... - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
Cadillac or competing brand model ? Why ? Discussion, cadillac VS ....... in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; Originally posted by Sal Collaziano What about the Lexus GS430 and the STS? I thought they were competing... The LS430 ...
    Brett is offline Watching the Watchers
    Originally posted by Sal Collaziano
    What about the Lexus GS430 and the STS? I thought they were competing... The LS430 is about $70k...

base price for a LS 430 is 55k..with option packages of 2k, 7k and 12k. The car is a great deal at 55k especially if you plan on keeping it a while.

As far as the other cars except for the lincoln and the Jag, I would have to say OVERALL they are all better than Deville/Seville. Some because they just cost a lot more, so they can offer more
    S-class/A8...some because of perception Q45...some because of Reliability/resale LS430/GS430...and some because they are actually better...BMW 5, before you guys tell me im crazy keep in mind i did buy a Seville, although i will admit i will be looking for more out of my next car so hopefully cadillacs new products will really step it up. Oh and although i like infiniti, the fact that they are essentially a french company would cause me to never buy one..we dont need friends like the french..imo

elwesso is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45
    Brett, this is like comparing apples and oranges. American cars are built with different mindsets than imports. So to say that imports are BETTER is incorrect, but DIFFERENT is correct. Like what was said earlier, imports are designed to be perfect, and to be machines. But american cars have that special warmth or something, something you cant get with a import. Sure, they may offer more features, but they are all things that you dont need, like power headrests, seats that bend in the middle, etc. All that is fine and great, but if it feels like your sitting in an operating room, that aint gonna cut it. You want a car that is going to be comfortable, and that you ENJOY DRIVING. Sure, BMW and lexus may have better features, but they will never have what american cars have....... CHARACTER

I find it odd that you would dismiss my argument because im comparing "apples to oranges" when it was YOU who posed the question Cadillac vs. ? in the first place, even odder is i agree with you that people who buy cadillacs and people who buy bmw's/MB's/Audi's/etc are very often looking for different things, although i disagree that a bmw has no character. maybe i missed the point of this thread but your original post compared these cars on their relative virtues...not on the amount of character each possessed...that being said my seville has power headrests and it is a useless option

well to be honest, the origional intent was to compare that, but after thinking about it they are only similar is that they are cars that possess engines. I think that maybe i phrased my post wrong.

I didnt mean that BMW doesnt have character, they do, but a different kind. They have a perfectionist appearance, and that is how the desigers wanted it to be. Power headrests are pointless options, but these "pointles" options should not be used when comparing cars. There are some features that cadillac has over all these other cars. Can i name one off hand, NO, but there is.

What I was trying to point out, is if cadillac gets their act together and starts trying to compete with these cars, THEY CAN! They have more potential than any other luxuary car, IMO. Granted, they have made great strides since the 80s, but they still have work to do. I think now, they are just doing what they can to get by, and they are definitely not making the best automobiles that they can.

Katshot is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    The problem is that they HAVE been trying to compete with those imports. Unfortunately, Cadillac is NOT going to be able to beat them at the game they are best at, building a rock-solid, fast, great handling, smooth-ass car.
    So why not just try to satisfy the American market and let one of the other GM brands that have product more in line with the European market go after it.
    Oh and BTW, you forgot to mention "Night-Vision" as one of the most useless options.

I realize that they have been trying, but it doesnt seem like it. I think that they could. Granted, the wont be able to now, but if they can get their name re-established, then maybe in 5 years they will be able to. THEY need to be the trend setters, and not follow off everyone else. The new sevilles look very "bimmerish".

What other GM name is inline with the euro market moreso than cadillac?

As far as useless options, what about the air sac things in the seats of the sevilles.

Elwesso, to me it seems you are struggling to find a way for cadillac to win this competition. When all else fails you've turned to subjective analysis. the thing is cadillac is truly not better than most these cars, thats not to say that they cant be, they just currently aren't. I hold high hopes for cadillac myself, and for people that dont think you can change a bad image i suggest you look at Audi. Their bad image wasnt reliability or workmanship, instead their cars were blamed with the death of several people. How did they get respect back..by building quality cars and cadillac can do the same thing.

to me the the LS430 is what the cadillacs of the eighties should have evolved into...a roomy...quiet...reliable rwd v8 sedan..base price under 60k

Originally posted by elwesso
    I realize that they have been trying, but it doesnt seem like it. I think that they could. Granted, the wont be able to now, but if they can get their name re-established, then maybe in 5 years they will be able to. THEY need to be the trend setters, and not follow off everyone else. The new sevilles look very "bimmerish".

What other GM name is inline with the euro market moreso than cadillac?

As far as useless options, what about the air sac things in the seats of the sevilles.
    a lot of bmw fans think the new 5 looks like a pontiac

Originally posted by Katshot
    The problem is that they HAVE been trying to compete with those imports. Unfortunately, Cadillac is NOT going to be able to beat them at the game they are best at, building a rock-solid, fast, great handling, smooth-ass car.
    So why not just try to satisfy the American market and let one of the other GM brands that have product more in line with the European market go after it.
    Oh and BTW, you forgot to mention "Night-Vision" as one of the most useless options.
    Deville should chuck the night-vision and just go with HID headlights

I realize that they have been trying, but it doesnt seem like it. I think that they could. Granted, the wont be able to now, but if they can get their name re-established, then maybe in 5 years they will be able to.
    That is what I said, they need to be the ones taking the initiative. I agree to a certain extent that they arent as good as the imports, but will that stop me from buying caddy, ABSOLUTELY NOT. I have been searching for a caddy for about 3 months, and havent found one I like, but i am bound and determined to find one. Hell, there is a jaguar sitting down the road from me for 4500. I could pounce on that one (pun intended) and have a car, but I want to go caddy, if I can. I may get something else, but my ultimate goal is to get caddy w/northstar. Everything in that car is american.

I agree with the nightvision. How big is the little rectangle, about 3"x3"?

What GM brand can actually compete with the euro market? Not looks like, but COMPTETES

HotRodSaint is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1996 Fleetwood Brougham
    What GM brand can actually compete with the euro market? Not looks like, but COMPTETES
    Saab, Vauxhal and Opel can and do compete in the Euro market.

But there is no American GM nameplate that can compete in Europe at this time.

The only new Cadillac I would consider purchasing, is the CTS-V. I would likely wait till the second year for GM to fix any problems left undone in their rush to market. I would probably even wait till the 3rd year, and purchase a used 2nd year model so I don't take the huge depreciation that all Cadillac suffer from.

I was origionally referring to GM nameplates. For that matter, i dont hink taht there is any AMERICAN brand that really competes with the euro market.

BTW, when i think of saab, vauxhal, and opel, they are euro with GM nameplate, they really arent AMERICAN.

Its the same way with ford and jaguar.......

HotRodSaint is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1996 Fleetwood Brougham
    I was origionally referring to GM nameplates. For that matter, i dont hink taht there is any AMERICAN brand that really competes with the euro market.

BTW, when i think of saab, vauxhal, and opel, they are euro with GM nameplate, they really arent AMERICAN.

Its the same way with ford and jaguar.......

There is no American car maker that can compete in Europe with American products. That's why Ford and GM purchased European nameplates many, many years ago.

On the other hand, there are many European name plates that can't compete here and don't even try.

Yes, like pegeuot (sp?), fiat, and all those other euro trash. I suppose it all evens out.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.