S2000 vs. CTS-V
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac or competing brand model ? Why ? Discussion, S2000 vs. CTS-V in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; Is this even a contest?? I know we've discussed that you cannot compare a Honda to a Cadillac, but what ...
    Ralph is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

S2000 vs. CTS-V

Is this even a contest?? I know we've discussed that you cannot compare a Honda to a Cadillac, but what about the high revving S2000 in a lightweight body?? Maybe with the right driver? I needs to know!

numbers???? Now I'm curious...

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

davesdeville is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 1995 ETC, 75 Deville, Cad500 powered 73 Apollo, 94 Mark VIII

Re: S2000 vs. CTS-V

2004 Cadillac CTS-V 5.1 13.4

2000 Honda S2000 5.5 14.2
    2003 Honda S2000 6.3 14.9 (Manual)

Meh.

Quote Originally Posted by davesdeville
    2004 Cadillac CTS-V 5.1 13.4

2000 Honda S2000 5.5 14.2
    2003 Honda S2000 6.3 14.9 (Manual)

Meh.
    Uh, wouldn't the newer one be faster, especially with a stick?

I remember someone on racingsouthwest.com saying that they changed some ratio in the tranny or differential one year so that on the shifts the engine went down to some RPM that was below the RPM that VTEC starts making power. I don't remember if this was the 03 S2K they were talking about, but if so that could account for it. RB might know.

Blackout is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1995 FTS

The new S2000 has a 2.2 instead of the old 2.0. The biggest comaplint I have heard from the S2000 community is that the new engine loses 1000 rpm compared to the old one. But my buddy has a 2002 S2000 with intake, exhaustm carbon fiber hood and trunk and we raced about 5 times from a role and I beat him everytime except for once cause I didn't get the downshift. So I'm sure a CTS-V shouldn't have any problems against one

joeyblaze is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 Redline CTS

i used to beat on these things all day in my modded GTP. i think the CTS should be able to hang with it no problem

I imagine there are a lot of performance parts available for the S2000..

Blackout is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1995 FTS

A buddy of mine ran his 2002 S2000 and got a 13 second 1/4 out of it stock and since then he has done CAI, exhaust, carbon fiber hood and trunk. So I'm sure with those things done it might make a decent difference. But we have a guy around my area with a stock looking S2000 but has a supercharger on it and running a 100 shot. Last I heard before the 100 shot was on he was running 12's

Quote Originally Posted by Blackout
    A buddy of mine ran his 2002 S2000 and got a 13 second 1/4 out of it stock and since then he has done CAI, exhaust, carbon fiber hood and trunk. So I'm sure with those things done it might make a decent difference. But we have a guy around my area with a stock looking S2000 but has a supercharger on it and running a 100 shot. Last I heard before the 100 shot was on he was running 12's
    So if modded they can be made to run with a V. I would have thought nitrous and a supercharger would shave off more than a second or so...

Yes, but I think the aftermarket for a V's LS6 is probably better than for the S2K.

Quote Originally Posted by davesdeville
    Yes, but I think the aftermarket for a V's LS6 is probably better than for the S2K.
    I wondered about that too, but there sure are a lot of companies making perf. parts for Civics, etc.

danbuc is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '87 Jeep, '10 Thruxton, '00 Duc 748, '01 748R (853cc)

At this point, just about any type of part available for the LS6 (i.e. cams, pistons, exhaust headers, cranks, cylinder heads...ect) can be had for any Honda engine. Hell, they even have stroker kits for these Honda 4 cylinders. They have an outrageous aftermarket, just like the LSx engines.

I think it all comes down to whether or not you would prefer driving a cramped, tiny Honda.....or a large, spacious Cadillac. Some people like revving the piss otu of their engine just to make some power, where other's prefer to make the same amount at 3000rpm. It's all personal taste.

Stoneage_Caddy is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Gobi 01 Frontier/Ishi 96 Nighthawk/Gladys 94 Deville I Loved

here we are , talking about "will a CTS-V beat a S2K" ....and where are the 2 players needed for thsi discussion ? well , when was the last time a V guy came out of there shell up there at the top of the page ????....and RB ....

well hes probably with wes as a witness at the michael jackson trial ...

so me , a deville owner ....will pick the CTS-V was the winner , provideing it can keep its rear differenaital togther and not destory its tires within 60 feet

for the race i request the 2 most hard headed "abusive on the equipment" drivers drive the cars .....mario andretti in the CTS-V and michael andretti in the s2k

cruzajc1 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

I smoked one on my interstate in Georgia, but I must admit it wasn't easy. We took it from 50-100 and after 90 or so I started pulling away from him, but I had put the gas pedal down all the way and eventually pulled on him about 1 car length, over 100 I would simply keep pulling in the 96 STS. The V will kill it!! www.adumbrecords.com/hosting for pics/videos of my 1/4 mile runs

Irishtom is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

A friend has the Honda and just going by seat of the pants feel it's no faster than my CTS with the 3.6 motor. My friend agrees.

So if the Honda is faster (and it may well be) it's no big deal faster.

The Honda is a really nice car though and has a bigger trunk than a T-Bird, a car I considered before I bought the Caddy.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.