New aluminm Jaguars
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac or competing brand model ? Why ? Discussion, New aluminm Jaguars in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; Here is the new aluminum Jaguar XJ. Its chassis is 40 % lighter and 60 % stiffer than if it ...
    berkin is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

New aluminm Jaguars

Here is the new aluminum Jaguar XJ. Its chassis is 40 % lighter and 60 % stiffer than if it were steel.

The long-wheelbase 2005 XJ weighs 53 pounds more than than normal XJ yet is 5 inches longer.

"The complete body with weighs 650 pounds compared with an estimated 1,058 pounds for the same car in steel, 952 pounds for a Mercedes-Benz S-class, and 955 pounds for a 7-series BMW."

- from The Inside Guide to the all-new aluminum Jaguar XJ by Automobile Magazine

pictures, videos, and more of the new XJ
    http://www.keycast.com/keycast/jagua...=7&jsenabled=1

The 2005 Jaguar Super V8 weighs over 800 pounds less than a BMW 760Li. It is shown below.

This is a great article about Jaguar and aluminum.

This article claims an XK by 2010 was written before Jaguar confirmed the X150, the codename for the next XK.

Here is Mark White who is the senior body structures manager for Jaguar and Land Rover vehicles.

http://subscribers.wardsauto.com/mic...824&srid=10088

The Jaguar Advanced Lightweight Coupe shows what the next XK might look like. The next XK will have to comply with new European pedestrian safety regulations.

Many people say that the Jaguar Advanced Lightweight Coupe looks too much like an Aston Martin. One thing I notice about the Jaguar is that its tail tapers off like the current XK while the trunks of new Aston Martins are flat and have that crease around them or have a spoiler like the 2006 Aston Martin V8 Vantage.

Here is a link to pictures of it.

Also, the link shows a 2005 XK8, but it says it is an XKR.

http://www.fast-autos.net/features/0...uar/index.html

This S-Types reminds me of the 2001 Jaguar R Coupe and the 2003 Jaguar RD-6. The next Jaguar S-Type will likely use the new XJ's aluminum chassis.

http://seriouswheels.com/top-Jaguar-R-Coupe-Concept.htm

Here is Jaguar's 4.2 liter, 390 hp supercharged V-8. Jaguar's 4.2 liter V-8 is much-improved over the 4.0 liter V-8 from the 1997 XK8.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Re: New aluminm Jaguars

I hope Jaguar backs the next XK in racing. Perhaps FIA and the American Le Mans Series would be a good start.

The Jaguar XKR of Rocketsports Racing races in the Trans-Am Series. It has 4.5 liters and 650 hp and a 9,000 rpm reline. Its engine is based on Jaguar's 4.2 liter V-8.

New XJ's 6 speed ZF automatic transmission.

powerglide is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Looooove the XK (xk8 xkr)!! Its right there at the top of my list (if I could afford it)

I hope the new model incorporates a retractable metal top instead of the rag-top. In its class, you gotta have it to keep up with the SL and the SC430's.

Playdrv4me is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 1992 STS / 2005 MB G500 / 2008 Mini Cooper Clubman S

That new XJ is one of the sexiest cars on the road today. It is right up there with the Audi A8. Unfortunately for Ford they are not selling to well so its already possible to pick up 2004's for SUBSTANTIAL discounts. The current XK is showing its age just a little too much for my taste.

D148L0 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by Playdrv4me
    That new XJ is one of the sexiest cars on the road today.

BeelzeBob is offline I'm a Cadillac Fanatic!

I bet there will be aluminum Lincolns soon...
    If this site has helped you save money, please consider helping it continue to do so. Click here for information!

Jesda is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): An endless stream of Sevilles.

Its so beautiful it hurts

davesdeville is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 1995 ETC, 75 Deville, Cad500 powered 73 Apollo, 94 Mark VIII

Yeah but where are you gonna put the hide-a-key?

Playdrv4me is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 1992 STS / 2005 MB G500 / 2008 Mini Cooper Clubman S

Quote Originally Posted by davesdeville
    Yeah but where are you gonna put the hide-a-key?
    nice.

Ralph is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Quote Originally Posted by Playdrv4me
    That new XJ is one of the sexiest cars on the road today. It is right up there with the Audi A8. Unfortunately for Ford they are not selling to well so its already possible to pick up 2004's for SUBSTANTIAL discounts. The current XK is showing its age just a little too much for my taste.
    and you could have bought an XJ!!

Imagine the door dings with aluminium body panals.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph
    and you could have bought an XJ!!

Imagine the door dings with aluminium body panals.
    check the following link:

http://www.i-car.com/pdf/advantage/o...003/051903.pdf

Here is a quote from Dave of "Daves Jaguar Pages" who owns a new aluminum XJ.

"Last week when it was dark I parked on a friends driveway. As I pulled up in the car I noticed I'd pulled up next to a concrete bollard that he has marking the inner circle of his drive. However, by the time I'd finished collecting various bits from the car to take inside, stupidly I'd forgotten all about the concrete bollard which was below the window level. I opened my drivers door only to have it stop, rather hard, on said bollard.

It was pitch black and so there was no point looking for any damage, but I kicked myself for the rest of the evening.

On getting home, out came the torches and I couldn't even find a scratch in the paint let alone a dent in the door. I checked again the next day, and the following (through disbelief) in daylight and there isn't a mark."

more pictures

XJ's air suspension.

The may be the next aluminum XK.

The next XK will have to comply with new European pedestrian safety regulations. It will use the new XJ's aluminum chassis, but will use regular spring instead of the XJ's air suspension setup. The next XK will have styling from the Advanced Lightweight Coupe from the Detroit auto show in January.

Notice the yellow sign

I'm not too sure about that circular thing in the taillights, but I like how the tail tapers off like the current XK.

Ralph is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Quote Originally Posted by berkin
    check the following link:

http://www.i-car.com/pdf/advantage/o...003/051903.pdf

Here is a quote from Dave of "Daves Jaguar Pages" who owns a new aluminum XJ.

"Last week when it was dark I parked on a friends driveway. As I pulled up in the car I noticed I'd pulled up next to a concrete bollard that he has marking the inner circle of his drive. However, by the time I'd finished collecting various bits from the car to take inside, stupidly I'd forgotten all about the concrete bollard which was below the window level. I opened my drivers door only to have it stop, rather hard, on said bollard.

It was pitch black and so there was no point looking for any damage, but I kicked myself for the rest of the evening.

On getting home, out came the torches and I couldn't even find a scratch in the paint let alone a dent in the door. I checked again the next day, and the following (through disbelief) in daylight and there isn't a mark."
    That'a kind of suprising, especially since even steel can gather quite a number of door dings and it doesn't take much sometimes. Maybe it was hit lower where it wasn't noticeable....

That's why I wish my entire Caddy had Saturn-type polymer panals. My front quarters have them but I would rather it was on the front doors.

The link took too long to load so I dumped it.

Jesda is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): An endless stream of Sevilles.

It's got some Aston in it, but a little too much Taurus in the nose.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.