Hyundai's new flagship premium high-performance luxury sedan
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Cadillac or competing brand model ? Why ? Discussion, Hyundai's new flagship premium high-performance luxury sedan in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; ...
    BeelzeBob is offline I'm a Cadillac Fanatic!

Hyundai's new flagship premium high-performance luxury sedan

Here it is.. The Hyundai Azera.. The full article can be found at hyundainews.com:

"The Azera is the third of seven all-new or redesigned Hyundai vehicles to be launched in a 24-month period, completely revamping the Hyundai lineup," said Robert F. Cosmai, president and CEO of Hyundai Motor America. "Azera will earn distinction for segment-leading standard safety features, refined styling, and content that is generally reserved for higher-priced luxury sedans."

From the first glimpse of the Azera, it is clear that this is an extraordinary sedan. The graceful lines are aerodynamically efficient, reducing wind noise while still ensuring a spacious cabin. The dramatic roofline and rear quarter set the Azera apart from other sedans in this class. All together, it is a well-balanced design that pays homage to the other Hyundai models in the line-up while also forging new ground.

"The Azera is sleek and modern, which are becoming signature Hyundai design characteristics," said Cosmai. "The Azera's well-designed exterior matched with the ergonomic and feature-rich interior really captures the essence of the new generation of Hyundai vehicles."

On the road, the Azera delivers spirited performance, thanks to an all-new, all-aluminum 3.8-liter V6 engine under the hood that delivers an estimated 265 horsepower, more standard horsepower than the Ford Five Hundred and the Buick LaCrosse. This engine is also environmentally friendly, as it is projected to achieve Ultra Low Emission Vehicle (ULEV) certification levels. This high-tech V6 comes teamed with a five-speed automatic transmission with Shiftronic manual control. Its road manners are well-honed, with responsive four-wheel independent suspension featuring double-wishbone front suspension and multi-link rear suspension, all riding on alloy wheels. Clearly, the Azera has the hardware to go wheel-to-wheel with the competition.

Moving to the interior, the Azera is the most luxurious Hyundai to ever grace the highway. The interior appointments rival the finest premium brands, and it offers amenities befitting a flagship model, such as dual-zone climate control; an electronic tilt and telescopic steering column; an integrated memory system for the driver's seat, outside mirrors, steering column and foot pedals; a power rear sunshade; rain-sensing windshield wipers; and sumptuous leather seating surfaces.

The Azera also rewards the driver with an available Infinity® audio system featuring a 7-channel, 315-watt digital amplifier, 10 speakers and a subwoofer, speed-sensitive volume, steering-wheel-mounted audio controls, and an in-dash 6-disc CD auto-changer.

To further enhance its luxury appeal, the Azera's interior is tastefully appointed with attractive woodgrain trim and distinctive metal accent pieces.

Compared to the 2005 XG350, the all-new Azera is longer, wider and rides on a wheelbase stretched 1.1 inches over the XG350. The interior also benefits from the increased exterior dimensions, as it is larger than its predecessor, and has more interior room than the BMW 760i and Mercedes-Benz S-Class.

Available in Hyundai dealerships later this fall, the 2006 Azera offers buyers the best value in the segment with a segment-leading list of standard safety features including ESC (Electronic Stability Control) with traction control; ABS with EBD (Electronic Brake Distribution), front dual active headrests, and a total of eight airbags - advanced dual front airbags, front and rear seat-mounted side-impact airbags, roof-mounted side curtain airbags for both front and rear outboard seat occupants.
    If this site has helped you save money, please consider helping it continue to do so. Click here for information!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Katshot is offline Cadillac Owners Master

Re: Hyundai's new flagship premium high-performance luxury sedan

I saw this car at the New York Auto show and it looks real good. Should be a big seller, especially considering the price. I've said it before and I'll say it again, watch out for Hyundai. IMO, they're the next Lexus. They'll slowly take over the market from complacent competition. I bought my daughter a Sonata and I love driving it myself.

90Brougham350 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 94 FWB, 93 SDV, 94 FWB (sold), 90 Brougham (sold)

2010 = Buick, the Hyundai fighter! I hate to admit it, but you might be right Kat. As much as I can't stand the damn things, people keep buying them, and their quality keeps getting better.

Brian

Yeah, it seems like only a couple years ago that Hyundai was the biggest POS on the market. Well look at them now. I've learned not to underestimate my competition, the same needs to be learned by the American automotive industry. Don't bet that the "Lexus Phenomenon" can't happen again.

Wow, I never considered that, Kevin.. You're probably right.. Hyundai may very well prove to be the next "Lexus". A car company that just comes in and sweeps everybody off their feet. It didn't take Toyota long to do just that with Lexus.. Now, here comes Hyundai, getting better and better with every new model. Plus, Hyundai is looking to do the same thing as Toyota, Honda and Nissan - introduce a separate luxury brand around 2008...
    If this site has helped you save money, please consider helping it continue to do so. Click here for information!

Yep! Don't bet against them. I can tell you from experience that Hyundai is a company to watch out for. I bought my daughter a loaded Sonata and I'm telling you it's a real nice car. Since we got it, she did a few mods and it really looks nice now. We did a custom grill, removed some badging and trim, and installed aftermarket wheels and tires. The car looks and rides like a MUCH more expensive car than it is.

Have you sat in an XG350 or Kia Amanti?

Yes on the XG350, no on the Kia. Kia really doesn't have anything that impresses me YET. The XG350, even though it is positioned over the Sonata, lacks the styling of the Sonata IMO. I never warmed up to the XG350 like I did to the current generation Sonata. Matter of fact, here's a picture of my daughter's car. I happen to have it at work with me today.

Stoneage_Caddy is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Gobi 01 Frontier/Ishi 96 Nighthawk/Gladys 94 Deville I Loved

im gonna have to look at this new car , been reading about it , i gotta see what that engines all about ....

first time ive been impressed with something korean outside the styleing of the present tiburon

The Tiburon IS a hot car, just a shame it's FWD. If it were RWD, it would be hot as hell!

Quote Originally Posted by Katshot
    The Tiburon IS a hot car, just a shame it's FWD. If it were RWD, it would be hot as hell!
    AMEN thats the only reason i hate it ...."mini supra" should be driven by the same wheels the real thing is driven by ...

You're right. The Sonata does have some really nice styling.. And the new model looks very nice as well.. The XG was very nice - but the Amanti is quite a bit nicer on the inside.. I'm guessing this new Hyundai is going to top the Amanti's interior...

You DO know Kia and Hyundai are the same company right? If you look at the two model lines, you'll notice an aweful lot of similarities. I think the Amanti looks very similar to the Sonata.

yah , in fact kia just got a version of the hyundai tuscon and called it "the new sportage"...

alot diffrent than the old days when Hyundai was useing Mistubishi cars and Kia was getting drivetrains from mazda

Yup, I knew about both companies.. And I remember when Hyundais and Mitsubishis looked the same...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.