Hyundai's new flagship premium high-performance luxury sedan - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Cadillac or competing brand model ? Why ? Discussion, Hyundai's new flagship premium high-performance luxury sedan in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; Although on cars like the Sonata and such, you have to admit the styling is a little....unoriginal? Let's see how ...
    90Brougham350 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 94 FWB, 93 SDV, 94 FWB (sold), 90 Brougham (sold)

Re: Hyundai's new flagship premium high-performance luxury sedan

Although on cars like the Sonata and such, you have to admit the styling is a little....unoriginal? Let's see how many different vehicles we can get out of one....1...2...oh, there's 3....

Brian

davesdeville is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 1995 ETC, 75 Deville, Cad500 powered 73 Apollo, 94 Mark VIII

That's a lot of air bags...

The car looks OK. Well the back end is weird but it's overall OK. They really shouldn't spout off "high-performance" about a car that weighs 3750 pounds and only has 265hp though. Maybe market that it's good on gas and meets ULEV standards..

BeelzeBob is offline I'm a Cadillac Fanatic!

Yeah, I thought it was a little wierd with the "high-performance" too.. I wonder what the numbers are on this car.. We'll see soon.. I think my car weighs about 4000lbs and has 300hp.. So maybe being 250lbs less with 35hp less wont be so big a difference.. I wonder how much torque it has...
    If this site has helped you save money, please consider helping it continue to do so. Click here for information!

Stoneage_Caddy is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Gobi 01 Frontier/Ishi 96 Nighthawk/Gladys 94 Deville I Loved

prolly not much , i belive its a dohc 3.8 ....not very good for torque ....id expect VERY similar numbers to the Nissan 3.5 in the G35, possibly makeing 20-30 lb ft more ...if it does make good torque its up to high in the rev band , oonly thing that kinda sucks about OHC designs , gotta spin them up to make power ....old pushrods make it down low where you need it ...

just imagine when the korean minivans get that 3.8 , they might be able to beat hondas oddesy in the powertrain dept and outsell them on price point , there getting close with that sedona

Blackout is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1995 FTS

After driving the top of the line Tiburon a few times I would have gone back in time and have gotten one of them over my old Spec V. Great car, great handling, awesome stereo 440 watt Infinity sound system , and great performance. And Alpine has a supercharger kit out for the V6 Tib's and all I have to say is watch out for those bad boys! They're doing low 14's high 13's with just that blower on there.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackout
    After driving the top of the line Tiburon a few times I would have gone back in time and have gotten one of them over my old Spec V. Great car, great handling, awesome stereo 440 watt Infinity sound system , and great performance. And Alpine has a supercharger kit out for the V6 Tib's and all I have to say is watch out for those bad boys! They're doing low 14's high 13's with just that blower on there.
    really ? i drove a 4cyl when they came out with this present day bodystyle ...it wasnt too bad ....but i lived in alaska and couldnt see myself driving another car ....so i went back and damn near bought a 1995 Deville that was this werid purpleish color ....my buddies made fun of me and i never got it .....go figure a year later i bought a gold one

257ft.lbs. at 4400rpm. Not bad for a 3.8L but the RPMs are pretty high so you'll have to wind it out pretty far during daily driving. It will probably run a mid to low 15 which isn't bad but it's no high performance machine.

I haven't looked into Tiburons too much, they're pretty heavy and the V6 GTs are maybe a mid-high 15s car. The Corsica de la Muerte had a good race with one a couple months ago, in the end the Corsica took it, and by no means is the Corsica a performance car.

And Gee, a car with a blower kit running low 14s? Wow that sure sounds impressive....

Jesda is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): An endless stream of Sevilles.

The big sore spot on Korean engines is fuel economy. Otherwise, they're on par with competitors for power and responsiveness (if not refinement).

Quote Originally Posted by davesdeville
    257ft.lbs. at 4400rpm. Not bad for a 3.8L but the RPMs are pretty high so you'll have to wind it out pretty far during daily driving. It will probably run a mid to low 15 which isn't bad but it's no high performance machine.

I haven't looked into Tiburons too much, they're pretty heavy and the V6 GTs are maybe a mid-high 15s car. The Corsica de la Muerte had a good race with one a couple months ago, in the end the Corsica took it, and by no means is the Corsica a performance car.

And Gee, a car with a blower kit running low 14s? Wow that sure sounds impressive....
    Ok will this make you happy.....Cadillac is the best car company ever :rolleyes2 V6 Tiburon's hit low 15's with a good driver. But you can never know because they have 3 different packages. Action package stage 1 has some options and comes standard with an automatic or an optional 5 speed manual. Stage 2 comes with a auto matic standard with the 5 speed as an option and some extra options and stage 3 comes with the 6 speed manual standard I believe *Its been awhile since I was looking at one and this was for 2003 models so I have no idea if this still holds true today* And gee a Hyundai engine that respond's will to F/I, wish we could say the same with the "coolest" car company in the world Cadillac. How come Cadillac needed to reduce the bore on the N* for it to have a blower again?

I'm noticing a trend of you being real optimistic when it comes to times for your precious imports...

Say what do you think a 1995 ETC should run in the quarter?

I'm noticing a trend of you being real optimistic when it comes to times for your precious imports...

Yes I am. Because back in 2002 I owned a 2002 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V and hung around all the Nissan boards and talked to owners of other cars as well. My buddy own's a 2003 Tiburon V6 GT with the 6 speed manual and has Hart Racing wheels, intake, exhaust and is running 14.5's with just two minor bolt on's. As for the ETC's I have no idea. Never liked them so I never really paid to much attention to them. But since they are supposedly the fastest of the bunch for that time era and STS's are supposedly running high 14's stock then I would say a ETC is running mid to high 14's as well. And since this webpage I go to with magazine's times for cars has a 1995 ETC running a 6.6 0-60 and a 1/4 in a 14.8 so I would say I'm in the ball park

Katshot is offline Cadillac Owners Master

Mid to high 14's are fairly believable I'd say.

BeelzeBob is offline I'm a Cadillac Fanatic!

Mid to high 14s is correct.. 0-60 in approximately 6.6 seconds.. Sometimes a little better, sometimes a little worse.. I owned a 95 ETC...
    If this site has helped you save money, please consider helping it continue to do so. Click here for information!

I know this stuff I was just seeing if blackout would either give it no credit and say a 15 or give it too much credit and post low 14 or post the actual time I'd expect. Mine's a lot slower but I'm blaming my 5300' asl altitude..

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.