SRX Vs. Vue Redline
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac or competing brand model ? Why ? Discussion, SRX Vs. Vue Redline in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; http://www.thecarconnection.com/inde...1&article=7243 http://www.thecarconnection.com/inde...1&article=6182 The power might be comparable with the V6, but overall the Vue Redline looks like a bargain, other ...
    Ralph is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

SRX Vs. Vue Redline

http://www.thecarconnection.com/inde...1&article=7243

http://www.thecarconnection.com/inde...1&article=6182

The power might be comparable with the V6, but overall the Vue Redline looks like a bargain, other than pure luxury that is....

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Katshot is offline Cadillac Owners Master

Re: SRX Vs. Vue Redline

IMO, the Redline series is a great set of vehicles but Saturn has a ways to go to get their fit/finish up to standards. They have a rabidly loyal owner's group and the best dealer customer service in the business. Add to that a fairly decent assortment of product and you have a company that's "almost" there. All they need is for GM to stop restricting the drivetrain choices and get the fit/finish issues handled. The new Sky and Aura look poised to pounce on the market and take no prisoners too. All in all Saturn might have a pretty good future.

Saturn used to have a great reputation for quality, safety and reliability so I think it's too bad that rep has lost some status in the last couple years it seems. I still can't get over the fact there is a GM car with a Honda engine in it.

Playdrv4me is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 1992 STS / 2005 MB G500 / 2008 Mini Cooper Clubman S

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph
    Saturn used to have a great reputation for quality, safety and reliability so I think it's too bad that rep has lost some status in the last couple years it seems. I still can't get over the fact there is a GM car with a Honda engine in it.
    Apparently Honda can't either, which is probably part of the reason why this stopped with the Vue and Ion redline.

On the same token, you now have Land Rovers with BMW AND Jaguar engines, Chryslers with Mercedes drivetrains and Fords with Volvo chassis. Globalization anyone? Looks good to me!

That being said, its a crying shame the Chevrolet Equinox, as close to a smash hit as GM could hope for, got some Korean based V6 and wasnt able to share in the wealth of the Honda in the Vue; its platform-mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Playdrv4me
    Apparently Honda can't either, which is probably part of the reason why this stopped with the Vue and Ion redline.

On the same token, you now have Land Rovers with BMW AND Jaguar engines, Chryslers with Mercedes drivetrains and Fords with Volvo chassis. Globalization anyone? Looks good to me!

That being said, its a crying shame the Chevrolet Equinox, as close to a smash hit as GM could hope for, got some Korean based V6 and wasnt able to share in the wealth of the Honda in the Vue; its platform-mate.
    If I ever bought a chev I will make sure it doesn't have a Korean engine in it. To me it just cheapens GM's image somehow.

Vesicant is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): None :(

uhh worse, its a chinese manufactured 3400

Quote Originally Posted by JefferyG
    uhh worse, its a chinese manufactured 3400
    What's next?? Cadillacs with Kia engines! Globalization, you can keep it.

darrelld is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

I own a Vue Redline and was provided an SRX loaner while my CTS was at the dealers for one of its many stays there. The VUE RL handles better and has quicker 0-60 launches.

SRX definately beats the Vue for interior quality but I gave 21,000 for the Vue and a comparably equipped SRX is double that. My Vue has been at the dealers twice for repairs in the last 12 months. My CTS has been at the dealers for repairs over 10 times in the last 22 months. The SRX rides on the same platform as my CTS so I would expect better reliability from the Vue.

Quote Originally Posted by darrelld
    I own a Vue Redline and was provided an SRX loaner while my CTS was at the dealers for one of its many stays there. The VUE RL handles better and has quicker 0-60 launches.

SRX definately beats the Vue for interior quality but I gave 21,000 for the Vue and a comparably equipped SRX is double that. My Vue has been at the dealers twice for repairs in the last 12 months. My CTS has been at the dealers for repairs over 10 times in the last 22 months. The SRX rides on the same platform as my CTS so I would expect better reliability from the Vue.
    Good to hear from a Redline owner. How ya been Darrel...

darrelld is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Doing great and getting ready for the Dallas Auto Show this Wednesday.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.