Whoa... Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT... - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Cadillac or competing brand model ? Why ? Discussion, Whoa... Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT... in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; Yeah, you do have a point. Most SUV's these days only go to the grocery store and back home again. ...
    danbuc is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '87 Jeep, '10 Thruxton, '00 Duc 748, '01 748R (853cc)

Re: Whoa... Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT...

Yeah, you do have a point. Most SUV's these days only go to the grocery store and back home again. I just think that with the problems some of these companies have had lately, they might invest their time, into building a product, that is more people would buy. Like when is GM going to come out with a new Camaro? We all know the SSR was a total flop. I think I'm a bit bias towards the TrailBlazer, because my a**hole neighbor who I really, really hate drives one.

I guess I'll just have to wait and see what happens when they come out. Maybe they will be a big hit, maybe not. I just hope nobody rolls one at 100mph on the highway, cause they think it will handles like a sports car. If they listed them as a limited production run, that would certainly draw in more customers. I wonder how they are going to market them?

Randy_W is offline Banned

Toss historical reliability of a product out the window? I think not, and while I didnt bring up specific problems to the Trailblazer, it has its own set of issues for sure. Now thats with the Vortec V6 primarily (the V8 is more reliable),

There is no such thing as a TrailBlazer with a V6 since they became a seperate model in '02!

Sandy is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '93 Cadillac 60 Special; '03 Lincoln TownCar Limited ED

In the name of better understanding .....

Since New Years I have developed a problem with one leg. I limp a little,
    and have lost full strength of the leg. I have a non-operable cyst between two bones. I need to apply ice pack to it 2 x a day. We (the Drs.) are not sure if it's permanent or may go away at some time in the future.
    That said....
    One side effect is that it's very difficult to lower my body down slowly onto a sofa, chair or normal car seat...it's painful. Lowering my rump down into my Town Car's seat is painful. When Son was home for spring break, I drove his 2001 Jeep Cherokee Limited (XJ ~ the original small(er) Cherokee). I found it to be GGreat!! In that when I opened the door, the seat was level with my rear end, no climbing UP into it, nor having to slowly lower the body "into" it.
    So, that got me to (perish the thought) think about a SUV. For the comfort factor, only. The only time I go "off" road is when I turn into a parking lot, or my driveway. The only "hills" I climb (slowly) are the parking lot speed bumps. The only rough terrain I pass over are Nu Joisey Pot Holes (very bad) and the "camping" I do is in my own bed!!
    However....I will never be able to shovel snow or plow the driveway again. The driveway is 100+ feet loooong. I figure with this baby backed into the garage, facing out, I'll have no problem getting out in 2" or 9" of snow!
    Still, ever the car lover, and ALWAYS wanting something unique and different from run-of-the-mill, that this here Trailblazer SS is just the ticket.
    Understand, better now ?

RBraczyk is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by ben72227
    and what kind of gas mileage does it get?

Maybe the gas prices will go down, but honestly, I really believe that SUVS (at least gas guzzlers) are starting to phase out. It would be nice to see a hybrid SUV - i think Ford is making one this year already...
    Ford's hybrid is built, Its not out yet.

Playdrv4me is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 1992 STS / 2005 MB G500 / 2008 Mini Cooper Clubman S

Quote Originally Posted by Randy_W
    There is no such thing as a TrailBlazer with a V6 since they became a seperate model in '02!
    2003 Chevrolet TrailBlazer
    LT Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Looks like 6 Cylinders to me! So were talking symantics here, inline instead of V6, the six cylinder version is what I was referencing. Though most of the issues were with the 02' since that was the year of inception of the redesigned model.

D148L0 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by Playdrv4me
    2003 Chevrolet TrailBlazer
    LT Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Looks like 6 Cylinders to me!
    Randy... PWNED!!

RBraczyk is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Your both wrong, its a semantics issue. randy said his had a straight six. Someone else said V6. He corrected them. Reading comprehesion owns Diablo and Ian.

Randy only said "there was no V6 after 2002". I corrected that, but not being totally ruthless I did also realize the symantics issue and added to my own post. My lazyness and lack of wanting to spell out the words "inline six" did me in. This has always been a hotbutton issue on the Jeep forums, people either purposefully or ignorantly call the inline six 4.0 a "v6" all the time.

To reinforce some of my points about the Trailblazer... Here are a few more shots of it.

Notice the still uninspiring and darth-vaderish somewhat plasticky interior...

While the SRT8 has nicely sculpted body panels and just the right amount of body appointments, the SS has a slab sided "empty" look to it, and will be prone to door dings and body flex...

The SS will also have a published 0-60 time of slightly under 6 seconds, the SRT8 can do it in 5 or less.

Here are some more pictures of the SRT8 for reference.

I like the attention to detail with the chrome inset "Grand Cherokee" trim bars and the SRT8 badges. Note also the thoughtful placement of those two massive exhaust pipes, where the SS has one out the side.

Lower valance not too overdone and decreases drag.

Just a few more differences I wanted to point out. They are both great trucks but the SRT8 just seems to be a step ahead here. The Trailblazer is not bad for GM's first attempt.

Here is Fords upcoming competitor, the 390hp Explorer Sport Trac Adrenalin...

Mysteriously "S-10ish" rear lamps...

Gentlemen... Start your Fuel Pumps.

danbuc is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '87 Jeep, '10 Thruxton, '00 Duc 748, '01 748R (853cc)

Hmmm....The more I see that SRT8 Jeep, the more I like it. That exhaust setup is pretty cool. It also looks like they didn't step to far away, from the traditional Jeep styling. The trailblazer SS though, seems a little lacking in performance, when compared to the Jeep. With an ever so slightly less powerful LS2, it still will only do just under 6 seconds. That to me sounds pretty weak, when compared to the Jeeps 5 or under projected 0-60 time. The jeap only has 30 more hp, which in a lighter car, I could see making a big difference. The fact that the Jeep is almost a full second faster that the Trailblazer leaves me wondering though. What happened to all that power the LS2 is making. The Typhoon was faster, and it had a turbocharged V6. I think chevy is going to have to step up to the plate with either something a little nicer, or something a little faster.

Ford on the other hand, has always done rather well with the performance truck market. The SVT Lightning is a good example of that. I wonder how this new performance oriented Explorer will do, when selling side by side with the Lightning. The Explorer looks bigger on the inside, and is probably more comfortable, being that it probably will still retain the same size back seats. The Lighting though, just strikse me as the real performance truck. Honestly, what are you going to do with back seats, when there a roll cage poking through them

Katshot is offline Cadillac Owners Master

I must admit, I always tend to be in the minority rather than the majority when it comes to the vehicles I buy. I tend to gravitate to those vehicles that are often catagorized as "niche" vehicles. That being said, I still don't see what could be bad about a vehicle that combines performance and utility. Some food for thought.
    The Durango R/T was great but it lacked the creature comforts that I've grown to love. The M-B M55 was great but a little rich for my blood. The BMW M5 is great but unfortunately ends up in the same class as the M-B M55. I REALLY wish Ford would've made an SVT version of the Explorer or Expedition but they didn't. I tried the GMC Denali but had many "issues" with it's overall quality and GMC's customer support. To me, a "near-perfect" vehicle is the new Dodge Magnum R/T, and now this Jeep. I can really appreciate a vehicle that has the power and looks of a sports car, and at least a degree of utility.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.