Ford sales at record low
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Cadillac or competing brand model ? Why ? Discussion, Ford sales at record low in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; In the lounge, everyone has been focusing on GM's market share problems, but the truth is the whole industry is ...
    gothicaleigh is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): Current: None Past: '94 STS, '93 Eldorado, '98 ETC, '03 CTS

Ford sales at record low

In the lounge, everyone has been focusing on GM's market share problems, but the truth is the whole industry is at a low right now. GM simply stands out because it makes up the largest part of it.

I see Playdrv4me has posted a bit on Daimler-Chrysler's problem, so here is Ford:

Quote Originally Posted by Reuters
    DETROIT -- Ford Motor Co.'s new vehicles have yet to meet targeted sales volumes, compelling analysts to question the success of models the automaker is banking on to stem its bruising U.S. market-share losses.

The second-largest U.S. automaker hopes to sell more than 200,000 of the new Five Hundred and Montego sedans, and the Freestyle wagon this year. But four months after their launch, the annual selling rate for the three cars built at Ford's Chicago assembly plant is only 167,000.

Rod Lache, an analyst at Deutsche Bank, said a bullish case on Ford -- that new products would drive improvement in market share, vehicle mix and pricing -- is losing steam.

"The trends on mix and share have been running counter to those assumptions, implying downside risk to earnings expectations," Lache said in a recent note to clients.

Ford's new vehicles are central to its strategy for boosting U.S. market share and increasing much-needed automotive profit.

The automaker had dubbed 2004 the "year of the car," but the new cars arrived at dealerships too late in the year to stop Ford's car sales from dropping 14.3 percent in 2004.

Ford ended last year with a U.S. market share of 18.3 percent, the lowest in more than three decades.
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6953362/

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

cattleack is offline BAD EMAIL ADDRESS

Re: Ford sales at record low

does that mean ford will go out of business now? ha i wish.

b4z
    b4z is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 Standard SrX grey/black

Honda is down 8% YTD and their passenger cars are down 20%!!!

Msilva954 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 92 Deville

Whole industry is doin bad......but in truth out of the Big Three or what is remaining of them Ford is financially doing the best....not to mention product wise they are introducing the higher quality products company wide.....

Believe me......in the next 1-3 years come back to this thread and quote me....Ford will be doing alot better then GM and Chrysler......

Chrysler has Merc to pull it down ....

GM has a MASSIVE product rejuvination need......and it hasnt really even been drawn out by the sounds of it....

majax is offline 32V Northstar

Face it Msil Ford just aint GM material and they will never be. They will never be bigger than GM

(edit add on) "whats left of them" Well a ginormious chunck is left of them. Ford is not doing better than GM now nor will it ever!

Ralph is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Ford Trucks and the new Mustang will always boost sales.

Ralphs got it right!

Who says by better I mean size??????

Financially and product wise ford is already on a track much better then GM and Chrysler.....it took Mercedes to put Chrysler back together.....and GM owes over 300 million to debters......

sure Ford is loosing alot just like almost every other manufacture but with the new models they are getting much closer to msrp then anything GM is selling at the moment other then Cadillac.

Model line up wise....Ford has WAAAAYYY more appealing cars then anything GM can scrap together.......Besides Vette.....and Holdens (which arent even sold here)....I cant think of anything new in the entire GM lineup that I would want to buy right this moment...but then again thats just one opinion.

davesdeville is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 1995 ETC, 75 Deville, Cad500 powered 73 Apollo, 94 Mark VIII

"sure Ford is loosing alot just like almost every other manufacture but with the new models they are getting much closer to msrp then anything GM is selling at the moment other then Cadillac."

That's cause GM plays the incentives game too much.

yea....and its caused the consumer to expect it all the time from them.....its a great buyers market out there.....all the time now and now just towards end of the year.

Hell, down here you can get a chrysler crossfire for 24,995.........brand new.......truthfully thats probably gonna replace our BMW......

Randy_W is offline Banned

...but then again thats just one opinion.

You're right, it's one opinion, and the wrong one at that!

Blackout is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1995 FTS

Quote Originally Posted by Randy_W
    You're right, it's one opinion, and the wrong one at that!
    I would have expected you to say that since GM is the bets company ever right? Unfortunatly GM has shot themselves in the foot. All they ever do is offer cash back, incentives, sales, etc to sell cars. No other car company out there has as many sales like GM has just to move their lackluster product line. I was reading an article in Forbes and they were even saying that same thing and they were pretty much saying without these sales and incentives that GM could not survive. But if GM keeps on their current trend I see Ford and Chrysler moving ahead. Because DCX's sales have been setting new sales records per month for the past few months. And Ford's sales have been going pretty steady for the past few months and GM is who the hell knows where.

Randy_W is offline Banned

and GM is who the hell knows where.
    Out selling Ford Motor Co!

Blackout is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1995 FTS

Quote Originally Posted by Randy_W
    Out selling Ford Motor Co!
    I would hope so since its the "March Madness" sales event. I guess they can't got a month without some sorta sales event. But I'm sure if Ford did the same thing as GM that Ford's sales would beat them out. But I dunno if what your saying is true or not.

have some faith in Lutz he has made some good cars so far kinda except for the fact that the new Vans are not hailed by critics and the Lacrosse(which I like) and G6 are mediocreish. I think they look great though(vans).

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.