Ford sales at record low - Page 4
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
Cadillac or competing brand model ? Why ? Discussion, Ford sales at record low in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; Originally Posted by Jesda RIP Marauder! Sure, its a gussied up Grand Marq, but it has a stunning, intimidating presence. ...
    Randy_W is offline Banned

Re: Ford sales at record low

Quote Originally Posted by Jesda
    RIP Marauder! Sure, its a gussied up Grand Marq, but it has a stunning, intimidating presence.
    Looks are subjective, but performance isn't. My '67 with the '96 LT1 drivetrain blows them away, at least the 3 That have tried anyway!

Blackout is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1995 FTS

Quote Originally Posted by Randy_W
    Try this one, then answer the question. http://www.chevrolet.com/corvettez06/
    So your trying to ask me as to why the Ford GT costs so much more then the Z06? Then why does a McClaren F1 cost a million dollars? Why does a Ferrari Enzo cost $650k+ why does a Lamborghini Murcielago cost $250k+? You want me to keep on going on and on? The is a reason to why cars cost as much as they do. Parts, hand built vs. machine assembly line built, etc. The GT costs so much because of a variety of things. Like for one its a limited production vehicle, certified 200+ mph top speed, the materials used to make the car are all top notch, and the car is hand built. Just a few of the many reasons why the car is so much. But the Vette is still just a sports car and not a supercar. I mean you do know the differences between the two right? Well nm obviously you don't

Quote Originally Posted by Blackout
    So your trying to ask me as to why the Ford GT costs so much more then the Z06? Then why does a McClaren F1 cost a million dollars? Why does a Ferrari Enzo cost $650k+ why does a Lamborghini Murcielago cost $250k+? You want me to keep on going on and on? The is a reason to why cars cost as much as they do. Parts, hand built vs. machine assembly line built, etc. The GT costs so much because of a variety of things. Like for one its a limited production vehicle, certified 200+ mph top speed, the materials used to make the car are all top notch, and the car is hand built. Just a few of the many reasons why the car is so much. But the Vette is still just a sports car and not a supercar. I mean you do know the differences between the two right? Well nm obviously you don't
    Obviously, YOU don't! The Z06 is also hand built, with extensive use of carbon fiber, aluminum, magnesium, etc... It has a frame made using carbon fiber, is much lighter than a standard Vette and shares very little, probably no more than the GT does with other Fords. The Z06 performance numbers mirror the GT's very closely and truthfully since the 427 is SAE certified and the Ford engine isn't, they are very close in actual output. The Chevy doesn't use a supercharger to get there either. Apparently you didn't read the link I posted.

Jesda is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): An endless stream of Sevilles.

Could be as simple as economics -- supply and demand.

Quote Originally Posted by Randy_W
    Obviously, YOU don't! The Z06 is also hand built, with extensive use of carbon fiber, aluminum, magnesium, etc... It has a frame made using carbon fiber, is much lighter than a standard Vette and shares very little, probably no more than the GT does with other Fords. The Z06 performance numbers mirror the GT's very closely and truthfully since the 427 is SAE certified and the Ford engine isn't, they are very close in actual output. The Chevy doesn't use a supercharger to get there either. Apparently you didn't read the link I posted.
    LOL!! You really are a tool. Obviously you didn't read the link that you put on here either! Ok you say the cars are "hand built" well according to the link you posted the only part that is handbuilt is the engine so engine does not equal whole car being hand built #1. #2 You said the frame of the car is made up of carbon fiber. Well accorindg to the link you put on here the frame is made up of of hydroformed aluminum which is configured to identically to the steel frame of the Corvette Coupe and Convertible. But the engine cradle is made up of magnesium. So are you done making yourself look like an idiot or do you want to continue your, "Make myself look like a bigger moron then I already am"?

Man, you guys sure get personal about cars.

Quote Originally Posted by Jesda
    Man, you guys sure get personal about cars.
    I don't really get personal about them. Its the fact that everytime I post something about a car company besides GM Randy comes on and tries to prove that GM is such a superior company to brand X that I was talking about. In a thread earlier we were comparing the Mark VIII to a STS and someone mentioned how they liked the Mark VIII's interior better then the STS's because it has nice lines and flows into the doors and was ahead of its time. And then Randy comes on and talks about how a 1950 some odd Chevy or something like that had the same setup as the Mark's interior and that that car was ahead of its time and tried to start an argument over it. He's kinda like HotRodSaint. He's starting to get quite old real quick

Quote Originally Posted by Blackout
    LOL!! You really are a tool. Obviously you didn't read the link that you put on here either! Ok you say the cars are "hand built" well according to the link you posted the only part that is handbuilt is the engine so engine does not equal whole car being hand built #1. #2 You said the frame of the car is made up of carbon fiber. Well accorindg to the link you put on here the frame is made up of of hydroformed aluminum which is configured to identically to the steel frame of the Corvette Coupe and Convertible. But the engine cradle is made up of magnesium. So are you done making yourself look like an idiot or do you want to continue your, "Make myself look like a bigger moron then I already am"?
    You're right, I did say frame and Carbon fiber in the same sentance, my mistake. The carbon fiber is in the body parts. The cars will be hand assembled and these specs look good to me for competeing with the Goat Turd.(GT)

News About Corvettes & Z06's

Here's the latest on the Z06 motor, suspension, etc. Chassis & Suspension development by Pratt & Miller,
    Aluminum Hydro formed frame w Magnesium engine mount.
    - Tires - 325/30x19 Rears, 275/35ZR18 Front
    - Wheels - 19x12 Rear, 18x9.5 Front
    - Calipers - 6 piston Front, 4 piston Rear Brake Calipers
    - Rotors - Cross Drilled - Vented - Check the Bodywork

Engine Development by KaTech
    To be hand built by new HP Engine Plant

LS7 427ci/ 7.0L. 500HP/475 Ft Lbs 7,000 rpm Limit
    - 2 OHV
    - Raced based CNC ported Aluminum Head with 70cc chambers
    - 11.0:1 CR
    - 2.2" Titanium Intake valves
    - 1.61" Sodium filled Exhaust valves
    - 104.8 mm Bore (4.125") , 101.6 mm Stroke (4.0") Aluminum block
    - Forged Crank
    - Forged 6 bolt main Bearing Caps
    - Titanium Rods
    - Cast Aluminum Flat Top Pistons
    - 0.591" Lift Cam (hydraulic roller)
    - Dry Sump Oiling System
    - 90 mm Throttle Body on Composite manifold
    - Ram Air
    -Hydro formed 4 into 1 tubular headers, Z06 Cats and Mufflers

Transaxle - Updated Tremec 6 speed with front mounted radiator/Updated Ring/Pinion, and half shafts.

Body
    Coupe, Magnesium Roof Panel (non removable?), Carbon Fiber Hood, Front Fenders, and floorboards. Rear brake vents. Reduced Sound Insulation.

Interior
    Lightweight Seats, 3 Spoke Steering Wheel, HUD, Air Conditioning

Weight - 3100

Performance
    0 -> 60 in 3.8 sec.
    1/4M @11.8
    Top Speed 200 MPH

He's starting to get quite old real quick
    Better to get old fast, than not at all!
    One thing age will teach you, you will never be as smart as you think you are now, nor as stupid as some people think you are, now!

Irishtom is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Cadillacs are the only GM cars I prefer to Fords.

My 2003 Vic Sport was a great car; handled well, rode well, VERY comfortable, was a strong runner, very tight and over the 50,000 miles I put on it completely flawless. GM has no car to match it.

I consider the Taurus and now the 500 superior to any of the competing sedans from GM, especially those from Chevrolet.

The Focus, of which I've owned two, is one of the best small cars in the world and a perfect gas to drive.

Now the Caddys, those are nice. The DeVille has much more power than the Lincoln Town Car (though I consider the Lincoln almost worth buying simply for the gorgeous chrome "Norge refrigerator" door handles) and the CTS is IMO much sharper than the LS. I'm as happy as can be with my CTS but I'll tell you, if I wasn't driving a Caddy I'd be driving a Ford.
    Attached Images

The Taurus... you have to be kidding me.

Irishtom is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Not at all and I'll not argue merely by assertion.

The Taurus had good handling, good mileage and decent pick-up. Interiors were nicely styled and smooth and understated and very roomy. They were solid and with the exception of a couple of rough years around 92 quite reliable. The Yamaha motored Taurii were considered quite good performence cars.

Compared to the Taurus the GM competition was rather, ah, crude. Celebrities, beam axle Olds and Buicks and such. IMO the newer FWD Impala isn't nearly as nice a car as the Taurus and I've rented and driven Impalas.

Keep in mind too just how revolutionary the 86 Taurus was, a sort of American Citroen. I remember my father, an auto engineer who'd worked all around Detroit, being thrilled with his 86 Taurus. This a guy who always had bought big, body-on-frame Detroit V-8s (but who always had a soft-spot for the engineering and styling of the Citroen).

Now the Taurus may never have been considered a particularly cool car but over must of it's production it was a very good one. And a very influential one.

Now the Taurus may never have been considered a particularly cool car but over must of it's production it was a very good one. And a very influential one.
    It sure was influential, within a few years, all Fords looked like half used soap bars!:rolleyes2

The Taurus had noticeably better build quality than most of what GM was offering in the 80s and early 90s but its reputation was rightfully tarnished by early transmission failures and Yamaha's V8. Ford's dealer network didn't help matters, and by 1996 it became a visual blight with aging hardware.

I'm amazed (in a bad way) that its lasted this long. Its hasnt been an interesting or desirable vehicle for over a decade.

Rented a Focus recently. The last generation was much quieter and nicer, and more attractive as well.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.