Ford sales at record low - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Cadillac or competing brand model ? Why ? Discussion, Ford sales at record low in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; Originally Posted by Randy_W Out selling Ford Motor Co! I gotta admit its fun to do those GM VS (Insert ...
    Msilva954 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 92 Deville

Re: Ford sales at record low

Quote Originally Posted by Randy_W
    Out selling Ford Motor Co!
    I gotta admit its fun to do those GM VS (Insert Manufacture) with you...its awsome

.....id like to see a list of how much they loose per vehicle though after marking them down so damn much....the more they sell the more they loose it seems..haha

majax is offline 32V Northstar

Msilvia I don't think GM looses a penny with those mark downs because I bet mosttheir $20,000 cars cost them $5000 to make or so they seem like they only should cost 5 grand to make.

That was mean of me:disappoin

90Brougham350 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 94 FWB, 93 SDV, 94 FWB (sold), 90 Brougham (sold)

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph
    Ford Trucks and the new Mustang will always boost sales.
    Other than trucks and a pony car, what does Ford have that's wonderful or exciting? We could go drive a 500 or Focus, but then again, who wants to drive vehicles with the world's most inoffensive and bland styling? We could go drive a GT, or we could buy a Z06 for less than half the cost. And since Cadillac is without a doubt the coolest brand in America right now, what does Ford have to offer to counter the Vs?
    Maybe one of the older wiser guys can correct me, but I heard that in 1966, 60% of the cars on the road in America were GM products, and a 1/4th of those were Chevys. Cadillac outsold Lincoln 6 to 1. Now that's my GM world!

Brian

Blackout is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1995 FTS

Quote Originally Posted by 90Brougham350
    Other than trucks and a pony car, what does Ford have that's wonderful or exciting? We could go drive a 500 or Focus, but then again, who wants to drive vehicles with the world's most inoffensive and bland styling?
    Well that maybe your opinion but that doesn't mean that is what others feel as well. And since Ford sold 9375 500's last month and 17726 Focus's last month I think that plenty of people would disagree with what you said as well.
    We could go drive a GT, or we could buy a Z06 for less than half the cost.
    lol.....your kidding right? Lets see....you can go out and buy a Z06 like everybody else does or you could buy one of the best supercars out there for the least amount of money and have a very rare car. Sorry but the GT would getting a pootang a hell of a lot quicker then a Z06 ever would.
    And since Cadillac is without a doubt the coolest brand in America right now, what does Ford have to offer to counter the Vs?

Maybe one of the older wiser guys can correct me, but I heard that in 1966, 60% of the cars on the road in America were GM products, and a 1/4th of those were Chevys. Cadillac outsold Lincoln 6 to 1. Now that's my GM world!
    Welcome to 2005! Those numbers mean nothing now!

Brian[/QUOTE]

davesdeville is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 1995 ETC, 75 Deville, Cad500 powered 73 Apollo, 94 Mark VIII

What makes the GT more of a supercar than a Z06? Why do you think it's a rare car?... It's not because it's a good value to buy.

And if Cadillac isn't the coolest domestic (by far...) what is? It isn't Ford or anything Ford owns. Chrysler is closer but one cool car isn't enough to get it up to Cadillac's level of coolness.

kmhebert is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Msilva954
    Hell, down here you can get a chrysler crossfire for 24,995.........brand new.......truthfully thats probably gonna replace our BMW......
    I saw a new Crossfire at the mall yesterday, I had never even heard of the thing until I saw it. The guy parked it way out on the middle of nowhere and it really stood out. Honestly, I thought it was pretty cool. That being said, I'd much rather roll in my 17 year old Cadillac.

Quote Originally Posted by davesdeville
    What makes the GT more of a supercar than a Z06? Why do you think it's a rare car?... It's not because it's a good value to buy.
    Ladies and gentlemen this is what you get when you have no idea as to what you are talking about and or the concept of a rare car.

And if Cadillac isn't the coolest domestic (by far...) what is? It isn't Ford or anything Ford owns. Chrysler is closer but one cool car isn't enough to get it up to Cadillac's level of coolness.
    coolness

Playdrv4me is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 1992 STS / 2005 MB G500 / 2008 Mini Cooper Clubman S

The entire Cadillac division and GM Trucks are my favorite part of GM. This has caused my love and support of GM to spill over to the other brands as well (well except for Buick which should die a horrible death), but I will be the first to admit; OUTSIDE of their (better than Ford or Dodge ) trucks and the resurgence of Cadillac (except for the XLR nonsense), Ford is overall doing better than GM right now. Ford does not have a single vehicle in its lineup right now where you can honestly say "Shit man, was that EVER a mistake, what are they gonna do now". Yes dont get smart with me, I KNOW the Five Hundred and well ALL of Mercury leave alot to be desired, but they arent attempting to pull off the fakery card by producing cars they want to be perceived as completely different off the same old platforms like GM does. Ford will rightly admit that the Mercury products are basically the same as their Ford counterparts and thus, theres nor real cost in keeping Mercury alive as much as I want to throw it in the trunk with Buick and toss it off a cliff.

Ford also has some of the greatest luxury brands on earth; Aston Martin, Jaguar, and Land Rover. It takes very little for any of those to get the formula just right and sell the amount of cars they need to, despite the fact that Jaguar is bleeding cash right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackout
    Ladies and gentlemen this is what you get when you have no idea as to what you are talking about and or the concept of a rare car.

coolness
    Tell me then, oh great one. What makes the GT worth the incredible price differance over a Z06?

Having a rare car for the sake of having a rare car is a stupid decision financially. The fact that it's a rare car is the only thing that sells GTs. Coolness is a good feature of a car. Plenty of people whether realising it or not judge you at least to some extent on how cool your car is. And it sells cars.

Jesda is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): An endless stream of Sevilles.

I cant really think of another brand in North America with more cachet and appeal than Cadillac. What, Lexus? Acura? Lincoln? LMAO!

GM is on a path of self-destruction, with Cadillac as the sole shining light in a pile of manure. It would be very sad to see an automotive icon fall hard.

Tell me then, oh great one. What makes the GT worth the incredible price differance over a Z06?
    550 hp/500 tq. The car is completely hand built, the Sparco leather seats with carbon fiber structure, HID headlights, Aerodynamic Package w/front spoiler/splitter, side splitters, mini underbody diffusers, full underbody cladding, rear diffusers and lip spoiler, 5.4L DOHC supercharged modular V8 engine (all-aluminum & hand-built), Eaton 2.3L Lysholm, screw-type supercharger w/intercooler, Fuel injection-multi-port w/twin bore throttle body, Mid-engine/rear wheel drive platform, 6-speed Ricardo, Brembo vented disc brakes with 4 piston calipers (painted black) with ABS, want me to go on?

Having a rare car for the sake of having a rare car is a stupid decision financially. The fact that it's a rare car is the only thing that sells GTs. Coolness is a good feature of a car.
    lol....you really are clueless when it comes to cars being limited edition's and car collecting. SO I guess when Benz made the CLK-GTR roadcar that would have been a stupid purchase. Or someone buying a McLaren F1 was a stupid decision. The Ford GT for its competition is the best bargain out there. They put the GT up against the Porsche Carrera GT an the Ferrari Enzo and the GT beat the cars in some catagories and in the 1/4 times it was .2 seconds behind the Enzo and .1 second behind the GT. Now the Enzo is a million dollar car and the Porsche is a $600k+ and the Ford GT is a $150k car. And they did that test with the test mule GT when it only had 500 hp before they bumped it up to 550 hp. And if you want to make it faster all you need is a smaller pulley and ta da! Tell me a modification on either one of those cars that would make as big of a performance different that a smaller pulley would do for the GT for the same price? You can't because its not possible

All the stuff you mentioned don't mean much since the ZO6 is just as fast as the GT. Buying a fast car that's a hell of a lot more expensive than another car that's just as fast isn't a good value. Even you see this when you compare the GT to the Porsche Carrera GT and Enzo.

All the stuff you mentioned don't mean much since the ZO6 is just as fast as the GT.
    Can you show me a stock Z06 doing a 0-60 in 3.7 seconds and a 1/4 in a 11.2 seconds and the slalom at 71.8 mph and have a certified top speed of over 200 mph please?
    Buying a fast car that's a hell of a lot more expensive than another car that's just as fast isn't a good value. Even you see this when you compare the GT to the Porsche Carrera GT and Enzo.
    Well then tell that to the millions of people out there who have bought Ferrari's, Porsche's, Lamborghini's, Pagani's, Saleen S7's, Koeingsegg's, etc. over the years. Tell them that they made a poor choice and should have just gotten a Z06 instead. They will laugh you right out of the place

EDIT: After looking over the article again the Ford GT they tested did have the updated numbers with 550 hp. My bad

90Brougham350 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 94 FWB, 93 SDV, 94 FWB (sold), 90 Brougham (sold)

Hey Blackout, I'm still waiting to hear what you think Ford has to match the V's with. All I got was "" when you quoted my first post in this thread. So before you go off and give me more "", please give me an answer. Second, you continually laugh at the idea of "cool." Perhaps you should take a marketing class or two before you realize just how much of an impact "cool" can have on a product. Now no-one here is trying to tell you the GT isn't a sweet ride. I think it's a very attractive automobile. And the fact a Ford has 550 hp? Great! Now if only a Z06 might actually meet one at a stop light to race....... There's a reason Ford has always been considered saftey and Chevy has always been considered fun. Just look at the 4-door T-bird. One gorgeous car like the GT does not change the differences between large corporations like Ford and GM. After all, the Corvette is the greatest American sports car ever built, and if you think you have the right to disagree with that, you'll be in poor company.

Brian

Msilva954 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 92 Deville

^^...Why should Ford have anything to counter the V's with???.....Cadillac changed its direction 100%......if lincoln went from making todays cars to cars with 500hp 5.4L V8s then you would just turn around and critisize them for it saying they are no longer "Luxury" cars........Cadillac, BMW etc etc etc are no longer "luxury" cars but sports cars....everything they make has to be the best handling imitation car....Lincoln and Lexus are the last remaining real luxury cars.

Z06 is an everyday sports car...supercar performance...

But to actually be considered a supercar, it must be rare and unique too....Z06 shares alot with its 50,000 dollar counterpart.......money no object I wouldnt even look at the Z06 if I was in the market for a supercar.....the GT would be my first choice over any and everything out there.

And sure cadillac is the coolest GM....but was it worth all the Billions they threw into it.....NO.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.