Cadillac Owners Forum banner
22K views 45 replies 22 participants last post by  Blauweiss 
#1 ·
What do you guys think. Opinions please.

#27 ·
Ralph said:
NO ONE TOUCHES CADILLAC FOR TECHNOLOGY AND TOYS, granted, Lexus is not a skimper in the technology department.
Toys my LS has that the Deville doesnt:

-Back-up Camera
-front and rear park assist with graphic display
-automatic side-folding mirrors
-6 speed automatic trans, with manumatic mode
-Keyless Start/Keyless Entry
-Adaptive Headlights
-Bluetooth Nav System

Toys available on the LS that the deville doesnt have:

-Power closing doors
-Laser cruise control
-rear door sunshades
-Headlamp Washers
-power rear seats with massager
-refrigerator in rear
-Pre-Collision System

Toys Deville has that LS doesnt

-Magnetic Ride Control
-Onstar

I dont know of any others, feel free to correct any of the above.

#28 ·
In the 16 years or so that the Lexus LS has been in production, it's managed to go farther than any other luxury vehicle in such short time. So, they've perfected just about everything except ONE thing. The exterior. Some people actually like the way the car looks. I'm one of those people. However, I notice most people aren't impressed.. However, the next model is not-likely to be bland. What then? What then could be said against the Lexus LS? Not a thing? Isn't that almost ridiculous?

#29 ·
Brett said:
Toys my LS has that the Deville doesnt:

-Back-up Camera
-front and rear park assist with graphic display
-automatic side-folding mirrors
-6 speed automatic trans, with manumatic mode
-Keyless Start/Keyless Entry
-Adaptive Headlights
-Bluetooth Nav System

Toys available on the LS that the deville doesnt have:

-Power closing doors
-Laser cruise control
-rear door sunshades
-Headlamp Washers
-power rear seats with massager
-refrigerator in rear
-Pre-Collision System

Toys Deville has that LS doesnt

-Magnetic Ride Control
-Onstar

I dont know of any others, feel free to correct any of the above.
How about :

Night vision

LED taillights

Performance Algirithm shifting

Magnetic Steering (Magnasteer)

Onstar (you mentioned)

2 choices of suspension

heated rear seats, and front - (with massager)

If I wanted more options I'd get an STS but Cadillac is no slouch. Things like the TYPE of cruise control is STILL cruise control, doesn't matter if it's "lazer" or not. The STS has digital camera in the headlights, etc. Therefore I would certainly say that Cadillac options are on par and there can only be so much development in each area and call it a different name, etc. I'm pretty sure you can get rear door sunshades for a Cadillac from the dealership, etc. Yes, Cadillac has it's own nav system so who cares if it's Bluetooth.

BTW, good luck getting the 6 speed towed properly, or hope the tow truck driver knows how to do it because some cars like Saturn are going FROM a 5 speed back to a 4 speed this year because of ruined trannies from improper towing. (a dealer told me about that)

Lexus is still too boring for me to want one and the styling for years looked like a rip off from Benz IMO.

#30 ·
Ralph said:
How about :

Night vision

LED taillights

Performance Algirithm shifting

Magnetic Steering (Magnasteer)

Onstar (you mentioned)

2 choices of suspension

heated rear seats, and front - (with massager)

If I wanted more options I'd get an STS but Cadillac is no slouch. Things like the TYPE of cruise control is STILL cruise control, doesn't matter if it's "lazer" or not. The STS has digital camera in the headlights, etc. Therefore I would certainly say that Cadillac options are on par and there can only be so much development in each area and call it a different name, etc. I'm pretty sure you can get rear door sunshades for a Cadillac from the dealership, etc. Yes, Cadillac has it's own nav system so who cares if it's Bluetooth.

BTW, good luck getting the 6 speed towed properly, or hope the tow truck driver knows how to do it because some cars like Saturn are going FROM a 5 speed back to a 4 speed this year because of ruined trannies from improper towing. (a dealer told me about that)

Lexus is still too boring for me to want one and the styling for years looked like a rip off from Benz IMO.
LS has 3 suspension option. Base, Sport(mine), and the air suspension of the ultra-lux, my tailiights are LED. LS seats are of course heated and cooled. LS steering is of course variable assist. Night vision is no longer offered on the deville.

LS's dont need to be towed, since they dont break down ;)

If you compare the STS to the LS then they are basically even, i was comparing the deville to the LS.

#31 ·
Brett said:
LS has 3 suspension option. Base, Sport(mine), and the air suspension of the ultra-lux, my tailiights are LED. LS seats are of course heated and cooled. LS steering is of course variable assist. Night vision is no longer offered on the deville.

LS's dont need to be towed, since they dont break down ;)

If you compare the STS to the LS then they are basically even, i was comparing the deville to the LS.
Well then, let me get a cloth for the egg on my face! :sneaky: :thumbsup: :)

#32 ·
funny thing is, as much as i love it, ill probably get rid of it in the next 3-6 months. it is boring. it truly is the best in luxuxry transportation available. its glaring weakness is that it is mearly transportation. with little excitement. but it is nice to not have to go to the dealer for repairs and the resale is unbelievable.

Currently im thinking 750i by the end of summer, we'll see.

#33 ·
Brett said:
funny thing is, as much as i love it, ill probably get rid of it in the next 3-6 months. it is boring. it truly is the best in luxuxry transportation available. its glaring weakness is that it is mearly transportation. with little excitement. but it is nice to not have to go to the dealer for repairs and the resale is unbelievable.

Currently im thinking 750i by the end of summer, we'll see.
If it's a good car you don't HAVE to sell it.......what about the Mercedes coupe you were thinking of getting last fall? Wasn't it a CL or something like that one I posted and we talked about it...I would rather have the 750 over a Benz.

I do like the styling of the current Deville and the DTS seems very sporty to me.

#37 ·
Lexus owners who want something more exciting don't buy an LS. They buy a GS. That's got more sports-appeal to it. What the LS is, is the perfect vehicle for somebody who's looking for ultimate luxury. That's a silent interior, ride of glass, amazing comfort.. Lexus hit the nail right on the head for this demographic.

#39 ·
It goes without saying that I always prefer Deville . Nothing compares to Cadillac .Plus , Lexus is a re-badged Toyota in a sense (and a luxurious one ) However, Cadillac is unique and just bids to be excellent

#41 ·
Regardless of it's dynamic merits as a car, the LS is just so crucifyingly dull to look at, especially the exterior. Also, and I have no idea what this means, but a neighbor of mine has a new one, and I get carsick every time I ride in the thing, which at this point is practically never.

#44 ·
90Brougham350 said:
As much as I love Cadillac, the 430 wins this one hands down. Sorry guys, but a 430 is about as sweet as it gets, and a DeVille.....well, not quite. Maybe a Fleetwood Brougham d'Elegance.....pillowtop leather.....rims.....350.....maybe then.....lol

Brian
I just got back from a vacation in which I rode in my friend's family's new 430. It is a nice car. I think it is a nicer car than a new Deville. I do not, personally, think it rides better than my Brougham, and I think the Brougham's leather is nicer. The Brougham also, at least according to my comparison of Consumer reports measurements, has more leg, head, shoulder and trunk room as well as more trailer towing capacity. However, obviously the Brougham is not as technologically advanced and does not have navigation, airbags, blah blah blah, and is almost 20 years old. If you don't care about that, or acceleration, then I vote Brougham. If you do, then the Lexus is the best NEW mainstream luxury car out there (save a Rolls possibly), because the new Deville does not really beat it out in any category except, perhaps, character and passenger capacity.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.