Deville or Lexus LS430 - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Cadillac or competing brand model ? Why ? Discussion, Deville or Lexus LS430 in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; Originally Posted by Brett LS has 3 suspension option. Base, Sport(mine), and the air suspension of the ultra-lux, my tailiights ...
    Ralph is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Re: Deville or Lexus LS430

Quote Originally Posted by Brett
    LS has 3 suspension option. Base, Sport(mine), and the air suspension of the ultra-lux, my tailiights are LED. LS seats are of course heated and cooled. LS steering is of course variable assist. Night vision is no longer offered on the deville.

LS's dont need to be towed, since they dont break down

If you compare the STS to the LS then they are basically even, i was comparing the deville to the LS.
    Well then, let me get a cloth for the egg on my face!

Brett is offline Watching the Watchers

funny thing is, as much as i love it, ill probably get rid of it in the next 3-6 months. it is boring. it truly is the best in luxuxry transportation available. its glaring weakness is that it is mearly transportation. with little excitement. but it is nice to not have to go to the dealer for repairs and the resale is unbelievable.

Currently im thinking 750i by the end of summer, we'll see.

funny thing is, as much as i love it, ill probably get rid of it in the next 3-6 months. it is boring. it truly is the best in luxuxry transportation available. its glaring weakness is that it is mearly transportation. with little excitement. but it is nice to not have to go to the dealer for repairs and the resale is unbelievable.

Currently im thinking 750i by the end of summer, we'll see.
    If it's a good car you don't HAVE to sell it.......what about the Mercedes coupe you were thinking of getting last fall? Wasn't it a CL or something like that one I posted and we talked about it...I would rather have the 750 over a Benz.

I do like the styling of the current Deville and the DTS seems very sporty to me.

i saw spy pictures of the new CL and almost puked. by the time i buy im afraid they might be the only ones available. Plus im not sure a 2 door is a good idea. im definitely conflicted.

i saw spy pictures of the new CL and almost puked. by the time i buy im afraid they might be the only ones available. Plus im not sure a 2 door is a good idea. im definitely conflicted.
    Post your dilema in the lounge, where many will help you out and TELL you what to get! LOL!

good idea....

BeelzeBob is offline I'm a Cadillac Fanatic!

Lexus owners who want something more exciting don't buy an LS. They buy a GS. That's got more sports-appeal to it. What the LS is, is the perfect vehicle for somebody who's looking for ultimate luxury. That's a silent interior, ride of glass, amazing comfort.. Lexus hit the nail right on the head for this demographic.
    If this site has helped you save money, please consider helping it continue to do so. Click here for information!

Randy_W is offline Banned

The LS is a boring MB wannabe style wise. The GS is just ugly!

Cadillacboy is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1996 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham

Wink Re: Deville or Lexus LS430

It goes without saying that I always prefer Deville . Nothing compares to Cadillac .Plus , Lexus is a re-badged Toyota in a sense (and a luxurious one ) However, Cadillac is unique and just bids to be excellent

Jesda is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): An endless stream of Sevilles.

Revisiting this thread and rewording the same point I made earlier:
    My eyes love the Deville. My inner-accountant prefers the Lexus.

Pete Benson is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1990 Fleetwood Coupe

Thumbs down Re: Deville or Lexus LS430

Regardless of it's dynamic merits as a car, the LS is just so crucifyingly dull to look at, especially the exterior. Also, and I have no idea what this means, but a neighbor of mine has a new one, and I get carsick every time I ride in the thing, which at this point is practically never.

powerglide is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Just saw this thread......I am currently seriously considering trading my Deville for a LS 430 Ultimate.

I love the Deville.....however its not even a close call.

BeelzeBob is offline I'm a Cadillac Fanatic!

Huge difference in car - huger difference in price (between a used 98 DeVille and a used 2000 or newer LS430 ultimate).. The LS430 ultimate is expensive - and rightly so.
    If this site has helped you save money, please consider helping it continue to do so. Click here for information!

ReagansRollsRoyce is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1987 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham

Quote Originally Posted by 90Brougham350
    As much as I love Cadillac, the 430 wins this one hands down. Sorry guys, but a 430 is about as sweet as it gets, and a DeVille.....well, not quite. Maybe a Fleetwood Brougham d'Elegance.....pillowtop leather.....rims.....350.....maybe then.....lol

Brian
    I just got back from a vacation in which I rode in my friend's family's new 430. It is a nice car. I think it is a nicer car than a new Deville. I do not, personally, think it rides better than my Brougham, and I think the Brougham's leather is nicer. The Brougham also, at least according to my comparison of Consumer reports measurements, has more leg, head, shoulder and trunk room as well as more trailer towing capacity. However, obviously the Brougham is not as technologically advanced and does not have navigation, airbags, blah blah blah, and is almost 20 years old. If you don't care about that, or acceleration, then I vote Brougham. If you do, then the Lexus is the best NEW mainstream luxury car out there (save a Rolls possibly), because the new Deville does not really beat it out in any category except, perhaps, character and passenger capacity.

sdoom is offline Cadillac Owners Member

my everyday car is an SC430 , nice car but not really a sportscar.Compared to the Cadillacs they are a bit more expensive than the Cadillacs overhere.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.