05 C55 AMG vs. 05 CTS-V vs. 05 300C SRT-8 - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Cadillac or competing brand model ? Why ? Discussion, 05 C55 AMG vs. 05 CTS-V vs. 05 300C SRT-8 in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; Originally Posted by Florian CVP, thats so sweet...I picked it myself. Although our dance could have been called "dancing with ...
    CVP33 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '04V, '05V, '06SRT8, '10V sedan, '13ZL1 vert, '12 V coupe

Re: 05 C55 AMG vs. 05 CTS-V vs. 05 300C SRT-8

Quote Originally Posted by Florian View Post
    CVP, thats so sweet...I picked it myself. Although our dance could have been called "dancing with your finger in my star"

F
    Moral dilema last night. Wife wanted to watch Dancing w/ the stars and I wanted to watch House. We have a DVR so we taped both and stayed primarily on House. It was a great story about your right to choose your death. House tricked the patient into thinking he would be euthanized and actually induced a coma so he could continue tests on him against his wishes. So why do I share all this with you? Well it got me to thinking about F and I. And here are my conclusions:

1) If F wanted to watch Dancing with the Stars then damnit, we'd watch it.
    2) If F wanted to die, then damnit, it would be done.
    3) If F wanted to be on top for a change.............

C'mon, even I have my limits. Not a chance F.

enash99 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Quote Originally Posted by CVP33 View Post
    I see it this way:

Resale:
    1 - C55
    2 - CTS-V
    3 - SRT-8

Reliability:
    1 - CTS-V
    2 - C55
    3 - SRT-8

Performance:
    1 - CTS-V
    2 - C55
    3 - SRT-8

Warranty:
    1 - C55/CTS-V tie
    3 - SRT-8

Styling, looks, etc. are too subjective and not worth rating. I also don't believe the $43K sticker on the SRT-8. I've posted enough about that so you guys can dig that one up when it finally does arrive and we know for sure. The more I see, hear, read and learn about the competition the more I know I made the right choice.
    CTS-V you put above the C55 for Reliability and Performance? I would like to know why? The V is a great looking car and for the dollar range it performs about at the top of its price catagory. But its still a GM caddy..

Is there a diff in the performance of the Charger SRT-8. I ran one of those and it was alot closer of a race than i expected out of a 4000 LB car.

Quote Originally Posted by thebigjimsho View Post
    Is that an open invitation for us to drive your M5 to get a feel for it???? :-)
    Would that be E39 or E60?

Quote Originally Posted by enash99 View Post
    CTS-V you put above the C55 for Reliability and Performance? I would like to know why? The V is a great looking car and for the dollar range it performs about at the top of its price catagory. But its still a GM caddy..

Is there a diff in the performance of the Charger SRT-8. I ran one of those and it was alot closer of a race than i expected out of a 4000 LB car.
    Wow enash, this thread died a long time ago. In fact so long ago that most of what I believed to be true about my own personal ratings has changed. I'd rank them this way today:

Resale:
    1 - C55
    2 - SRT8
    3 - CTS-V

The SRT8's seem to really be holding their value. The retails I'm seeing used are about the same as the CTS-V, however the purchase prices for the SRT8's generally run about $5,000 less than the V.

Reliability:
    1 - SRT8
    2 - C55
    3 - CTS-V

Personal experience here. My two CTS-V's ('04/'05) were in the shop over 45 days for 6 rear diff's, 2 NAV systems, 1 radiator, 2 transmissions, etc. The Mercedes also ranks lower on JDPower than my SRT8. My SRT8 has 29,000 miles and has never seen the dealership.

Performance:
    1 - SRT8
    2 - CTS-V
    3 - C55

The SRT8 has more repeatable performance. 1/4 mile times run from 12.7 - 13.1. Not exactly designed as a track car, however, I've added fully adjustable KW V2's shocks and Hotchkis Swaybars which took car of that.

Warranty:
    No change

I bought an extended B to B warranty, 5 yr/100K miles for around $1,500 as I recall and my purchase price was still lower that the V or C55.

To answer your question, the Chargers are supposedly the fastest and best handling of the LX platform vehicles. I took care of the handling piece as I listed above. I was actually on a dyno, same day, same conditions with another Charger SRT8. His peaked at 365rwhp, mine hit 401rwhp. I suspect I may have a factory freak as my car feels incredibly fast. I've yet to run the quarter or find a willing CTS-V or C55 as a willing participant to test my mettle. But I'm always willing.

Quote Originally Posted by CVP33 View Post
    To answer your question, the Chargers are supposedly the fastest and best handling of the LX platform vehicles. I took care of the handling piece as I listed above. I was actually on a dyno, same day, same conditions with another Charger SRT8. His peaked at 365rwhp, mine hit 401rwhp. I suspect I may have a factory freak as my car feels incredibly fast. I've yet to run the quarter or find a willing CTS-V or C55 as a willing participant to test my mettle. But I'm always willing.
    Sry if my post came out a little behind, I did run my mouth off a tad bit ,so now im accused of being a troll (i luv that word), and have been told that my 12.6 1/4 car is a tin can and with out any knowledge of my background someone had the audacity to say i have no experience with luxury performance cars. So for now till I get back some cred my posts are in delay mode.

Good info on the charger I have been seeing alot of them now around here and I really like the stance that car has, I am intrested to see how it handles with some mild upgrades. Coilovers etc.. Someone has one Black on Black with Black rims and a polished lip. Very nice looking car.

post script: I just realized this is a few months old, When i responded to it this thread was near the top seem recent. I was mistaken.

Quote Originally Posted by enash99 View Post
    Sry if my post came out a little behind, I did run my mouth off a tad bit ,so now im accused of being a troll (i luv that word), and have been told that my 12.6 1/4 car is a tin can and with out any knowledge of my background someone had the audacity to say i have no experience with luxury performance cars. So for now till I get back some cred my posts are in delay mode.

Good info on the charger I have been seeing alot of them now around here and I really like the stance that car has, I am intrested to see how it handles with some mild upgrades. Coilovers etc.. Someone has one Black on Black with Black rims and a polished lip. Very nice looking car.

post script: I just realized this is a few months old, When i responded to it this thread was near the top seem recent. I was mistaken.
    No prob Enash. Not sure what prompted the troll comment, however I always enjoy a playful joust on the internet regarding who's car is better. Mine is better for me right now. Want something in the $45K range with sub 13 second quarter mile times and an auto. Bought the car and was dissapointed in the handling. Took care of that as discussed earlier and now I'm as happy as I could be. I'll probably get bored with the car around 2008 model year and will be looking at the CTS-V again or may wait to see what DCX teases on the new SRT8 for '09.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.