This thing has gone somewhat un-noticed... C55 AMG vs. CTS-V - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Cadillac or competing brand model ? Why ? Discussion, This thing has gone somewhat un-noticed... C55 AMG vs. CTS-V in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; Drove a C55 AMG before I tested & bought my V. Completely agree with Bob in NY's assessment. Overall, it ...
    Redline is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2005 SRX

Re: This thing has gone somewhat un-noticed... C55 AMG vs. CTS-V

Drove a C55 AMG before I tested & bought my V. Completely agree with Bob in NY's assessment. Overall, it was a little too refined, a little too small and lacked the manual shifter I really wanted. The V can feel & be the hot rod - I never would have felt the same about the C55. Plus it's $10k more, and I didn't see that it was worth it.

Koooop is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): A Truck with an LS2 Truck motor

I thought the C55 was nose heavy, but the C43 rocks, it's just fun to drive! The interior of the C class is to small for me.

jdodman is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS V (Then). 07 STS-V (Next), 11 CTS-V (Now)

Wink Re: This thing has gone somewhat un-noticed... C55 AMG vs. CTS-V

Perhaps MB has adopted the Chrysler standards for Quality Assurance, and it is showing up in the electrical systems..so far..

CTSVader is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

It is a good car, it is a bit small inside for me though that and the fact that they have done away with their maintenance plan turned me off of this car and the E55. With that said if you know of a good Mercedes mechanic close by then you may be better off with the price of the repairs and upkeep.
    I know one thing though I have driven the E55 several times and even at 470 hp that baby does nothing but spin the tires with traction control off and with it on it hardly spins them at all... there is no wheel hopppppp!!!!

Rob Ketcham is offline Cadillac Owners Member

As a big AMG fan I regretted not knowing about the C55 earlier, but I ordered my V in Nov of 03. At that time I had an C43 AMG which I really loved, except for the fact that it had to have a new front end, new (read rebuilt) transmission, new A/C, and the dealer could not get the rev limiter set right so just when you were blowing away some rice boy you had to lift you foot enough so it could shift up to the next gear. Anyway, my wife drives an ML55 AMG which is great for what it is, but it is not something to put on the track. The Mercedes 5.5 liter motor and the LS1-6 motors are both very strong in both horsepower and torque and lauded by the engineering community as award winning powerplants.
    As I write this my ML55 is at the dealers because of an electrical problem....enough said?
    GM has the best technology, the best research, and their cars hold up over the long haul. The V's handling and braking is world class. Your choice.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.