Towncar vs. Brougham - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Cadillac or competing brand model ? Why ? Discussion, Towncar vs. Brougham in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; If you're going big, you might as well get the BIGGEST, and that's the Fleetwood Brougham....
    davesdeville is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 1995 ETC, 75 Deville, Cad500 powered 73 Apollo, 94 Mark VIII

Re: Towncar vs. Brougham

If you're going big, you might as well get the BIGGEST, and that's the Fleetwood Brougham.

I~LUV~Caddys8792 is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 1992 Town Car Cartier & 2014 Accord LX MTX

i owned the roadmaster, and for the most part the interior of the fleetwood and roadie are similiar if not the same, and i hated how long the dash was on the roadie, so i dont think i'll ever go for the fleetwood brougham...unless it was a 1971-76 model..those are cool

davesdeville is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 1995 ETC, 75 Deville, Cad500 powered 73 Apollo, 94 Mark VIII

The only years where I would even consider buying a Town Car are the years where the HT4100 were standard in the Fleetwood Broughams. I could see 93s as well if you didn't like the styling, and maybe even 94-96s if you didn't care about power. But other than that Fleetwood Brougham > Town Car.

ReagansRollsRoyce is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1987 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham

I definitely prefer the Broughams looks, but since I've never ridden in a TC, coming from a Cadillac family, its hard to say. I like the early to mid 80s TC better than the late 80s (the straight back instead of the slanted) and agree that it would probably be a better choice than the HT4100 Brougham or even the 368 considering that engine's problems. One thing I do like about the Town Car are the sharper corners on the car, especially in front (and in the early 80s TC, in the back as well). The Caddy has the sharp tailights but the front end is flat, no sharp corners to the right and left of the hood like the TC. I like those corners, makes the car bigger looking, I think. I dislike the '90+ Town Cars in comparison to the 80s models.

From where I sit now though, Cadillac wins out...it's bigger, it's a Cadillac, and somehow it just seems superior, even though I like the old TC's looks too.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.