STS-V vs. 300c SRT-8
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac or competing brand model ? Why ? Discussion, STS-V vs. 300c SRT-8 in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; Which one it came in second to the CTS-V in a tests. The CTS-V is a good car but when ...
    Pimp_Cadi04 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

STS-V vs. 300c SRT-8

Which one it came in second to the CTS-V in a tests. The CTS-V is a good car but when the SRT-8 is compared to the STS-V it just blows it out of the water.

Which is better to your knowledge? Which looks better? Which do you think will handle better?

Pimp_Cadi04-Chrysler 300c SRT-8. I'm thinking of changing my name to Pimp_300c04.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

50cal is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: STS-V vs. 300c SRT-8

The SRT8 is cool, but it's a $40k car......it won't hold a candle to the STS-V in the refinement dept (especially the interior).

I personally feel the Caddy looks much better than the SRT8, which doesn't look much different than the $26k version.

But go with what you like, being able to choose is a great thing. Having multiple hot sedans to pick from is a bonus.

MEJIA is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Pimp_Cadi04
    Which one it came in second to the CTS-V in a tests. The CTS-V is a good car but when the SRT-8 is compared to the STS-V it just blows it out of the water.

Which is better to your knowledge? Which looks better? Which do you think will handle better?

Pimp_Cadi04-Chrysler 300c SRT-8. I'm thinking of changing my name to Pimp_300c04.
    IMHO the STS-V looks better, will handle better, and will have more refined interiors. The only dept where the 300C SRT-8 is superior I believe is the performance department. I am a little dissapointed by the fact that the STS-V has a smaller engine than the STS eventhough it is supercharged. I was expecting a bigger engine than the STS, and if not the STS 4.6 with a supercharger.

However I would never buy a 300C srt8 over an STS-V, unless I had a tight budget.

Just my $.02

Mejia

Playdrv4me is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 1992 STS / 2005 MB G500 / 2008 Mini Cooper Clubman S

I gave the 300C kudos over the CTS-V, which it can compete with, and in some ways purely dominate, but the STS-V? No, not even remotely feasable. The STS-V may not have huge performance-wise, but it is otherwise superior in just about every way to the 300C. There is just no comparison.

tdogg5184 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS, 2009 Escalade ESV

agreed STS V much better car overall.

cguthrie is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

The STS-V is clearly a more refined car, better interior, etc. However, Chrysler did get rid of the fake wood -a previous show stopper for me- and you do get a LOT of car, upgraded, brakes, wheels, huge normally aspirated motor, etc. for $30K less.

Definitely not as polished as the V, but a terrific sedan for the $. Kudos to both Chrysler and Cadillac for building super fast, big sedans for us tall folks!

CG
    99STS 105K

b4z
    b4z is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 Standard SrX grey/black

STS-V should win in 0-60 due to more advantageous gearing.

The V will have sharper turn in and handling.
    300s have a heaviness to the front end and are slower to respond.

ktills45 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Playdrv4me
    I gave the 300C kudos over the CTS-V, which it can compete with, and in some ways purely dominate, but the STS-V? No, not even remotely feasable. The STS-V may not have huge performance-wise, but it is otherwise superior in just about every way to the 300C. There is just no comparison.
    Aside from price, in which way would a 300C, objectively, dominate a CTS-V?

Vrocks is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by ktills45
    Aside from price, in which way would a 300C, objectively, dominate a CTS-V?
    Thee 300C SRT-8 doesn't dominate jack when it comes to the CTS-V. Did you read the same reviews that the rest of us did? They put the CTS-V in the same class as the M3, M5, it's much sharper and refined than the SRT-8... The cars are for two different customers.

berkin is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

I think both are great cars, but I like the interior of the STS-V more. I think there are a lot of sweet American automobiles coming out now.

Some may think that Chrysler copied the Bentley Arnage (the current big Bentley sedan), but that isn't true.

The new Chrysler 300 has styling that similar to the 1998 Chrysler Chronos concept car and the 1957 Chrysler 300C.

With the 57 Chrysler...

The grilles of both Chryslers look similar.

Notice the lines in the middle of the 57 and 05 Chrysler's hoods.

Also notice the rectangular taillights of both cars.

http://www.allpar.com/cars/chrysler-300c.html

http://www.allpar.com/cars/lx/srt8-chrysler.html

The front end styling of the new Chrysler 300 is almost IDENTICAL to the front end styling of the 1998 Chrysler Chronos concept except for the slant of the old one.

"Named for one of the most challenging corners on the Le Mans racing circuit, the [Bentley] Arnage was fittingly introduced at the French circuit in April of 1998." from MSN autos

The bumper of the new Chrysler 300 curves under the grille like the 57 300.

http://www.allpar.com/cars/concepts/chronos.html

ktills45 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Vrocks
    Thee 300C SRT-8 doesn't dominate jack when it comes to the CTS-V. Did you read the same reviews that the rest of us did? They put the CTS-V in the same class as the M3, M5, it's much sharper and refined than the SRT-8... The cars are for two different customers.
    I agree. I drove the 300C and it competes nicely with my base CTS. I would expect that the CTS-V, which I haven't had the pleasure of driving, would blow it away.

Interiors and styling are subjective. I happen to like the exteriors of both cars, but the 300C was rather bland and plasticky inside. Some nice touches, like aluminum colored surrounds, but otherwise it felt like a family car from the inside.

The Hemi is one hell of an engine, but it's certainly not sporty. The entire package felt more like an american car with a large V-8 in the engine bay. I happen tol like that kind of package, so kudos to Chrysler.

My CTS, and by extension the CTS-V are totally different animals, imho.

So Playdrv4me, just what the heck were you referring to?

Katshot is offline Cadillac Owners Master

I'm assuming that the largest single factor that would influence the purchase of one over the other would have to be the price tag. The two are very far apart in pricing so there will be many people that would shop the SRT-8 but NOT the STS-v. Even though the two may "seem" to be competitors, they are quite different, at least in pricing.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.