Lincoln Zephyr, V6 included! - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Cadillac or competing brand model ? Why ? Discussion, Lincoln Zephyr, V6 included! in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; The LS was an all around BETTER car than the Zephyr could hope to be. Potent and smooth V8 with ...
    Playdrv4me is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 1992 STS / 2005 MB G500 / 2008 Mini Cooper Clubman S

Re: Lincoln Zephyr, V6 included!

The LS was an all around BETTER car than the Zephyr could hope to be.

Potent and smooth V8 with silky power delivery.

Luxurious interior (if somewhat bland) with heated and cooled seats, first application of THX in a car etc. (though after listening to the abomination that is my Logitech THX speakers Im not so sure thats a benefit).

Understated exterior like you said, xenon lights, high shoulder line. It was just a GOOD car. Not a spectacular car, not a bad car. Just nice. Kind of like comfort food... the LS just appealed to your basic car senses.

The Zephyr just looks like crap.

chuckdobbins is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 97 deville

Quote Originally Posted by Stoneage_Caddy
    OH BOY A V6 !!!

jeez .....this as 1989 Continental written all over it ....gimme something with those good looks ....

ford just loves that stupid 3 litre ....only time till they find a way to use it in the superduty pickup ..i mean look at the 500 , similar weight to a deville but only a 3 litre ? no hybrid to go with the tiny engine ??
    i had a 1990 continental, same thing as the 89 =[ and those ^^ are my feelings, EXACTLY!!!

its a shame ford is still banking on a 3 liter, but the interior to that zephyr looks very very nice =]

ben72227 is offline Banned

It is a Cimmaron, but not exactly.

The Ford Fusion and Mercury Milan are EXACTLY the same car, but they just look different on the outside, which is good, because it gives more choice to the consumer. People who want a cool car that looks more conservative will go for the Milan, while people who want to show off their car will go for the Fusion.

The Zephyr, though, seems like a half-assed attempt to compete with the CTS... Sure, it has a 6 speed auto and a V6, but like HRS said, its in wrong wheel drive, and its damn ugly too. UGH!, those tail lights and that center console

Lord Cadillac is offline Cadillac Maniac
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Escalade

I like the Ford Fusion. I don't care for the Milan.. And I hate the 500/Montego...

Otherwise.. I like the Zephyr. I've never cared about which wheels powered the car. So maybe that has something to do with it. In person, this car is very nice - especially in black. I predict that we'll see a lot of these cars on the road one day - just like we see so many CTSs.. However, not as many...
    Have an iPhone? Than you can get involved right now. Click here to download Cars Connected.

AlBundy is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1996 Eldorado Sport Coupe

I think the Zephyr is a pretty impressive car. I love the look of it and I think its going to be a great seller.

gothicaleigh is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): Current: None Past: '94 STS, '93 Eldorado, '98 ETC, '03 CTS

I have to admit that I like the look of the Ford Fusion.
    But then again, I've always liked the CTS design on any car it's been on.

Really too bad about the platform sharing, drive layout, engine choices, etc. though... <shrug> I give it a year before it feels dated and boring (like the 300).

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.