Cadillac Killed Lincoln in '04
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac or competing brand model ? Why ? Discussion, Cadillac Killed Lincoln in '04 in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; The numbers are pretty telling. Cadillac production '04 was 266,458 vs. 240,680 in '03. Lincoln production '04 was 146,546 vs. ...
    b4z
    b4z is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 Standard SrX grey/black

Cadillac Killed Lincoln in '04

The numbers are pretty telling.
    Cadillac production '04 was 266,458 vs. 240,680 in '03.
    Lincoln production '04 was 146,546 vs. 168,954 in '03.
    Cadillac up more than 10%, Lincoln down more than 10%.

I'll post sales figures later.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

CoupeDevilleRob is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1983 Coupe deVille

Re: Cadillac Killed Lincoln in '04

Is it gonna be like the 60s again when Caddy outsold Lincoln at like 7 to 1? Those were the days.

68'Eldorado is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Who cares, in 5 years the people who bought the Lincolns will be happier than those who bought the Cadillacs. My experience with the older cars has been great. The newer Cadillacs I've had, were lovely cars and I liked them, but they always had something wrong with them. That is not true with the newer Lincolns I've had. Look at carsurvey.org, the newer model years and see who has been happier. Deville owners or Town Car owners.

Msilva954 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 92 Deville

Ive sorta figured the same thing....I think initially people will like the Cadillac better but down the road the lincolns will be better cars to "keep"........Cadillac is entering the european way.....where after the warrenty you better get rid of it or know how to repair it.

majax is offline 32V Northstar

Quote Originally Posted by Msilva954
    Ive sorta figured the same thing....I think initially people will like the Cadillac better but down the road the lincolns will be better cars to "keep"........Cadillac is entering the european way.....where after the warrenty you better get rid of it or know how to repair it.
    Thats complete B.S.! The CTS is a fairly reliable car and also you cannot say that about the new Cadillacs till time tells. Reliability is one of the major things they are working towards. The only major repair problem with Euro cars is they are hard to fix when they break(some way more than others).

Why would you not want the better driving car?

68'Eldorado is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Exclamation Re: Cadillac Killed Lincoln in '04

What do you mean complete B.S? You know as well as I do that the Eldorado/STS are sweet rides. They were faster than the Lincoln Mark VIII, and that was the only real competitor. If speed makes a car "better driving" than whatever. I don't really think a 2000 STS can compete with a 2000 5-series BMW. That's just me.

Every once in a while I take a look into the consumer reports magazine. I look at the cars, and from past readings the Cadillac STS are near the bottom of the list. I don't really like consumer reports, and I don't think everything they do is accurate, but from my STS experience, it sure is right on. Sorry, but deep down I think you know it's true.

davesdeville is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 1995 ETC, 75 Deville, Cad500 powered 73 Apollo, 94 Mark VIII

Cadillacs have progressively been getting more reliable since the HT4100.

berkin is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Lincoln should put the 4.6 300 hp V-8 from the new Mustang into the Town Car. It has an aluminum block which weighs 75 pounds less than the 2004's iron block.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.