Northstar Vs. New RL with 300 HP! - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Cadillac or competing brand model ? Why ? Discussion, Northstar Vs. New RL with 300 HP! in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; V-8 300hp>V-6 300hp. There is no comparison. The V-8 is smoother, quicker and has a nice growl. The V-6 still ...
    1SICKLEX is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Lexus GS 450h...others..

Re: Northstar Vs. New RL with 300 HP!

V-8 300hp>V-6 300hp. There is no comparison. The V-8 is smoother, quicker and has a nice growl. The V-6 still feels strained, it has no low end toruqe and only 260lbs at peak. It also has to scream to hit peak HP.

When Honda fans argue their V-6 this and that, they have NEVER owned a V-8. Cause when u do, its almost impossible to go back.:coolgleam

Ralph is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

You guys sound a little concerned if Honda/Acura DID built a V8?! I could see them getting into the big truck market. Nissan did it probably because they wanted a piece of that pie and built the Titan. I'm still amazed the Pilot only has a V6! I would want an SRX over that anyday!

Jesda is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): An endless stream of Sevilles.

Its my understanding that Acuras hold their value quite well, especially the manual Legend II. The interior on the new RL is absolutely stunning. I just wish it wasnt so blah from the outside.

BeelzeBob is offline I'm a Cadillac Fanatic!

I like the previous RL's looks better.. Is it me or are they getting smaller and smaller?
    If this site has helped you save money, please consider helping it continue to do so. Click here for information!

Quote Originally Posted by Sal Collaziano
    I like the previous RL's looks better.. Is it me or are they getting smaller and smaller?
    Actually, I find the new one to be "fatter" and larger overall.

I do like the interior in the new RL but I don't think I would buy one if it's the same price as a Deville.

BeelzeBob is offline I'm a Cadillac Fanatic!

If this site has helped you save money, please consider helping it continue to do so. Click here for information!

Quote Originally Posted by Sal Collaziano
    Those aren't even the nice DTS rims! Looks more like a Deville base to me.

A DTS here is 70k and it's the same price for the RL!

Quote Originally Posted by 90Brougham350
    Honda ever building full-size pickups? I don't, at least not for a long time
    I've got some bad news for you Brian:

http://www.thecarconnection.com/inde...&sid=275&n=157

Playdrv4me is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 1992 STS / 2005 MB G500 / 2008 Mini Cooper Clubman S

There is not a chance in frozen over hell that I would take that Honda thing over a fully loaded DTS. The DTS has more character, driving dynamic and agresiveness than that Acura could ever dream of. Does the Acura have a boatload of cool digital features? Yes. Does the Acura have an awesome AWD system? Yes. Is the Acura's interior quality probably leaps ahead of the Cadillac? Probably. Does the Acura have an ounce of soul... No. Not fun to drive, its a get there from here luxo people hauler. Bleh...

By the way, its proper Japanese name is "Honda Legend".

P.S. I have to hand it to Acura on the RL Interior, it is beautiful, plus the Navigation screen is huge.

I would rather have the basic DTS over that limited edition. Or at least put the DTS rims on it. I too liked the RL interior!

BANK is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 SRX RWD N*

You can't talk to much trash about the Acura. I had a 02 TL-type S it was a very good car, good design and well executed in manufacturing. Cadillac could learn some about the car business if they looked closely. If the N. Star had the same output per litre as Acura's sweet running V-6s some of us would be in jail for wreckless endangerment.

1SICKLEX is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Lexus GS 450h...others..

Quote Originally Posted by BANK
    You can't talk to much trash about the Acura. I had a 02 TL-type S it was a very good car, good design and well executed in manufacturing. Cadillac could learn some about the car business if they looked closely. If the N. Star had the same output per litre as Acura's sweet running V-6s some of us would be in jail for wreckless endangerment.
    Yes the TL had a sweet V-6 but the rest of the car was built poorly. Caddy better not take any lessons. Tranny recall, rattles, cheap leather, HIDs stolen, etc etc. It was a good seller b/c it was cheap, 27k to start and 31k for a Type-S loaded.
    Value, I think not, you get what you pay for.

Sal, the new RL is smaller than the previous model.

1toycad is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph
    http://www.acura.com/models/model_index.asp?module=rl

It's amazing what they are getting for HP out of a V6.
    And therein lies the problem. I think that squeezing so many ponies out of a V6 will adversely impact the engine's overall longevity. All things being equal, a big V8 has to work "less hard" to get high HP than a smaller V6 engine.

Having said that, the interior of the RL is real sweet. Damn, the leather smells better than new leather in a Caddy. Do Japanese cows smell better than American cows?

1toycad is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph
    I'm still suprised no one here has test drove one to talk about any comparison with a Caddy, including MYSELF!
    I test drove one last week. The new Honda, er, Acura, traction control works very well around curves. As I posted before, the car's interior is VERY nice. Still, I would take a well equipped DTS over the RL anytime.

The dealer was eager to take my black on black 1999 SLS (35.5k miles) in trade for a new RL.

The offer was tempting.....but my SLS has one fantastic feature that I would not trade for any other car in the world.

IT IS ALREADY PAID FOR!!!!

MEJIA is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

The Acura dealer just opened about a month ago here in Monterrey. Ill go and take a look at them Acuras, test drive a couple and post my opinions regarding this cars.

Mejia

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.