Rehash.....Caddy vs Lincoln
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac or competing brand model ? Why ? Discussion, Rehash.....Caddy vs Lincoln in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; Cadillac Lincoln Lets get right to the point. The Lincoln Town Car has been an "update/restyle" since 1990. Yes, you ...
    kdaddy is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Smile Rehash.....Caddy vs Lincoln

Cadillac Lincoln

Lets get right to the point. The Lincoln Town Car has been an "update/restyle" since 1990. Yes, you heard me. The Vehicle has not undergone a "redesign" in over 15 years. (Yes there is a difference between a redesign and a restyle) Secondly, the Lincoln LS although nice is not even close to a Seville let alone a new STS. Lincolns aviator has been an abismal failure. Lincolns product line up consists of only 4 vehicles. Lets not even talk about the now retired continental. That vehicle was built on a Taurus chasis. Lincoln is a Joke

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

CadiJeff is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1981 CoupeDeville, 2 1990 Eldorados, 1994ETC ,1992STS

Re: Rehash.....Caddy vs Lincoln

you said it best........"rehash"

Caddy Man is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2003 Cadillac CTS, 2005 Cadillac STS4 1SG

Quote Originally Posted by kdaddy
    Cadillac Lincoln

Lets get right to the point. The Lincoln Town Car has been an "update/restyle" since 1990. Yes, you heard me. The Vehicle has not undergone a "redesign" in over 15 years. (Yes there is a difference between a redesign and a restyle) Secondly, the Lincoln LS although nice is not even close to a Seville let alone a new STS. Lincolns aviator has been an abismal failure. Lincolns product line up consists of only 4 vehicles. Lets not even talk about the now retired continental. That vehicle was built on a Taurus chasis. Lincoln is a Joke
    The town car is built on one of the most relable chassis...if there aint nothin wrong, why fix it???? we have a 1991 towncar and that car has been very reliable in its 14 years of serivce and 120,000 miles. The LS isnt comparabl to a Seville or STS, they are in two differnt categories. Go look at the price.

Adam is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): JimmyH

i have a Continental and have never had a problem with it except for the ride suspension which is no good. the Continental is a great car besides that. arent they coming back out with the Continental and the Mark Series? i had a Town Car for a week but it was in bad shape so i sold it to some guy who didnt know jack about cars. hehe. my friend has a Town Car and he has never had a problem with it.

RBraczyk is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Its all in how you take care of the car.

Ralph is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

I love the classy styling of the 1998+ Town Cars. I don't care if the chassis is old world technology, that helps keep the costs down and is reliable. I'm not sure if the 1991 Grand M. I had was built on the TC chassis, but the ride was silky smooth.

I think the discontinued Continental had one of the nicest interiors I've seen. The pleats in the seats, and the wrap-around wood accents that started at the doors end and onto the dash.

BeelzeBob is offline I'm a Cadillac Fanatic!

I've test driven the LS and it's very unimpressive. It doesn't compare to a CTS either. If the LS were in Cadillac's lineup, it would be the entry vehicle.

The Town Car, on the other hand, is a great car. Those are the only Lincoln's I've test driven...
    If this site has helped you save money, please consider helping it continue to do so. Click here for information!

Sandy is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '93 Cadillac 60 Special; '03 Lincoln TownCar Limited ED

I love my Town Car & would buy another in a heartbeat. I read on here all the trouble(s) people are having with their CTS & CTS-V. I have had the TC for 18 months and have NEVER had to return to my dealer for anything! The car is seemlessly flawless, ultra quiet, smooth as satin and with the new geometry that began in 2003, you can flip it around turns like a car 1/2 its size. The brakes are ultra fantastic, not a squeek or wind whistle, even at 75MPH. The seats are very comfy and the visibility is excellent. The power pull down trunk is an added toy, and the power adjustable pedals allow you to move your seat all the way back (rearward) and have the pedals close at foot... The keyless door entry pad onm the driver's door makes it easy to get in the car, when she's in the driveway with the door locked, and the keys in my house on the 2nd floor. What a pleasure, when you sneeze doing outside work, and need a tissue!!! I also like the day/night floor mats that give you rubber on one side, carpet on the other and anchor in place with hooks. No reason to change it. It's (almost) perfect. It does need more power! It needs the Mustang Cobra V-8
    Royal Coachman is a huge Livery service in New Jersey. In 2000 the had replaced their Town Cars with DeVilles. They told me that their repair rate TRIPLED with the FWD deVilles, they are now back in TCs (beginning 2003) and the 1999 TCs they said many now have 200,000 trouble free miles, with their OEM V-8 and OEM Trannies & rear ends. They are staying with TCs.....

The LS is like was said..... a joke! I'd rather have a super loaded Grand Marquis LS or a Bonnevile GPX

Adam is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): JimmyH

[QUOTE= It needs the Mustang Cobra V-8[/QUOTE]

im with Sandy, that would be sweet. i love my Lincoln and would like to get a new Town Car.

Lincoln Boy is offline Cadillac Owners Member

compare a caddie to a mark viii...........these cars a real realable...comfortable, i think the mark 8 was the first car w/ blinking turn signal on the rear view mirror and lamp under them too ... to find you car key.........the mark had alot of good option....93-98
    Attached Images

gothicaleigh is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): Current: None Past: '94 STS, '93 Eldorado, '98 ETC, '03 CTS

...and they are no longer being produced.

Nice car for it's time, but it went the way of the Eldorado (or I should say the Eldorado went the way of the Mark since it lasted longer) because there isn't enough demand for that type of car anymore.

The new Lincoln is moving itself closer to Mercury and it's parent company, Ford. With future plans looking to have extensive use of FWD and platform sharing across the entire line, one has to wonder about the future of Lincoln. Ford seems to have all but given up on it.

davesdeville is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 1995 ETC, 75 Deville, Cad500 powered 73 Apollo, 94 Mark VIII

What about Lincoln vs Buick.

Sandy is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '93 Cadillac 60 Special; '03 Lincoln TownCar Limited ED

The only Buick that can compete with Lincoln Town Car is the Park Avenue. It's a very competant car, very comfortable and decent looking. However, you'll never sell it to someone wanting a V-8 and / or Rear Wheel Drive. Likewise, you'll never sell a Town Car to someone who's shy to a V-8 and would rather have a 6 and / or Front Wheel Drive. Different buyers in most cases. Park Ave buyer is a deVille buyer who can't see spending the add'l. monies needed for the deVille and doesn't wanna feed a V-8

majax is offline 32V Northstar

I like the Town Car interior its pretty nice stuff. Since its been around for 15 years I guess you could say its reliability is refined. I do not like the butt of the current town car though.

So are we saying here that Town Cars are better than DeVilles?

gothicaleigh is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): Current: None Past: '94 STS, '93 Eldorado, '98 ETC, '03 CTS

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.