Honda Cadillac challenge
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Cadillac or competing brand model ? Why ? Discussion, Honda Cadillac challenge in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; You cannot compare Hondas to Cadillacs. It's like comparing bicycles to mopeds or mopeds to motorcycles. Even thought they are ...
    an01sts is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Honda Cadillac challenge

You cannot compare Hondas to Cadillacs. It's like comparing bicycles to mopeds or mopeds to motorcycles. Even thought they are 2 wheel vehicles, there is a huge difference; likewise, with Hondas and Cadillacs. There are also different levels of Cadillacs. I have what I consider to be a Cadillac. Many Deville owners would disagree because of the different platfroms.

The Honda gets better mileage, and it can weasel into parking spots that most Cadillacs cannot. Other than those issues, that is the things Hondas have on Cadillacs. Also, my factory Bose will blow away any factory Honda sound system.

In addition to cranking the volume, the rest of the solution to the problem is solved on the road. My STS is bone-stock factory with 62.3k on the clock. Without looking at specks for g-froces in the corners, braking distance, or whatever other compatitives, through my 120k miles of STS driving experaince, I know for fact that no Honda can match the ride or match any aspect relating to whatever performance.

There is a rule that usually holds true. You get what you pay for: I have a 30' Proline W/A Cuddy Cabin Offshore fishing boat, wiht twin 260 hp 350's. Its value is somewhere in the 55-60k range. When I pulled into a new marina, I had a guy try to explain to me why his 21' Bayliner with a 275 was a better boat. (When you factor in the 2-cycle oil, I got/get better mileage than he does. I can live in my boat, including cooking, bathing, bathroom. He wizzes in a bucket, stored in an empty hatch. I guess that he could crap in it too. Bathe? Cook? Refridigation? Forget it.)

You get what you pay for. Despite the fact that my boat is a Cadillac compared to the other, it pounds your teeth out in moderate seas. One of my buddies has a 30' Albermarle Express, with twin Cat 3126 Cats. His boat is valued at about 150k. Mine has a more elegant interior quarters. In ride quality, speed, and overall, seaworthyness, however, his boat is a major Cadillac compared to mine, and the feul bill is less than half of mine. To take it a step further, there is an aquatinace of mine--of whom I have been out on his boat twice--who has a 35' Carolina Classic @ a cost of 420k new. I don't recall what engines, but they are twin Cummings. That boat smokes the lessor boats. Let's take it further with a 50' custom built. (What happens here is that we are getting out of my soical ecomonic class; as a result, I not fortunate enough to interact with such people, but it's a good guess that it becomes even a higher level.)

The problem is that you're sitting in the 21' Bayliner with a 225 outboard, and trying to say that it's comprobal to the 50' custom. You cannot do it because, yes, they are both boats, but they are 2 different things.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Ralph is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Re: Honda Cadillac challenge

Quote Originally Posted by an01sts
    You cannot compare Hondas to Cadillacs.
    I agree!

davesdeville is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 1995 ETC, 75 Deville, Cad500 powered 73 Apollo, 94 Mark VIII

That's why Hondas are called economy cars and Cadillacs are called luxury cars.

RBraczyk is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

All I know is, My stepdads honda can beat every caddy, cept for one, which it matches. And thats the CTS-V. But to be back on topic, Its like apples and oranges. Completely different.

Quote Originally Posted by RBraczyk
    All I know is, My stepdads honda can beat every caddy, cept for one, which it matches. And thats the CTS-V. But to be back on topic, Its like apples and oranges. Completely different.
    Is that the S2000 you have to rev to 8 grande to get any kind of power out of? What's the 0-60time on those?

The 0-60 is less than the v and they are about equal on the 1/4 mile. Not really, It has balls over 5 grand, but what do you expect. The V is almost 3 times the engine.

Caddy Man is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2003 Cadillac CTS, 2005 Cadillac STS4 1SG

first i would like to know...who started this honda cadillac comparison??? and secondly i'd like to know if they are on CRACK. WHo the hell compares a honda and a cadillac????? THEY ARE IN TWO DIFFERNT CLASSES. I am not sayin Honda is bad, but they are two differnt cars. If u wanna compare, compare Cadillac and Acura. Thats why acura is there, to challenge the luxury market. makin the abusurd camparo of honda to cadillac is makin a comparo to mercedes and Ford. IT JUST DOSNT WORK.

65calais1 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

HA HA its like compairing my 4-wheeler to a cadillac. Number 1 thing, a big caddy motor can smoke a honda doors clean off. Number 2 if my car and a honda got in a fight, my car would smash it. Number 3 Alot more passenger room in a caddy. Number 4 thing the cad looks more fancy of course. Number 5 thing the caddy rides better. Thats about it. The only things honda has on caddy is gas milage, and you can parrellal park it easier.

Yea but the S2K will handle your pants off. And i bet it could beat some big blocks.

danbuc is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '87 Jeep, '10 Thruxton, '00 Duc 748, '01 748R (853cc)

Autoweek got it to do 0-60 mph in 5.75 seconds and the standing 1/4 mile in 14.27. They had professional drivers dumping the clutch at probably 8000-8500 rpm in order to get enough torque to achieve that kind of acceleration. They are fast, but you really have to know what your doing and how to drive it properly. Plus it weighs next to nothing.Its a nice little car, but it's still a Honda. I would much rather have my STS instead.

If a four banger will beet a big block well a three cylender geo metro will beet them all. HA HA. Cubic inch and torque is everything. But you are 100% right on one thing a little honda will out handle a big Cadillac.

Quote Originally Posted by 65calais1
    a little honda will out handle a big Cadillac.
    Not an XLR?

davesdeville is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 1995 ETC, 75 Deville, Cad500 powered 73 Apollo, 94 Mark VIII

Quote Originally Posted by RBraczyk
    Yea but the S2K will handle your pants off. And i bet it could beat some big blocks.
    You like that s2000 a bit too much. It's Honda's fast car, it's not God's fast car.

The fact is that whatever tricks you can do to a small engine to squeeze power out of it, you can do to a big engine and squeeze more power out of it.

I,m not saying a honda is a bad car, I have a honda 4-wheeler, all i'm saying is a honda civic, accord, etc cannot be compared to a cadillac, shoot a oldsmobile cant be compared to a cadillac hardly, thats why its a cadillac. No honda is going to outrun a cadillac, unless they make a 460 or 70 cubic inch engine. Its like trying to compare a toyota to a three quarter ton or 1 ton chevy, ford, or dodge with a big block motor.

ljklaiber is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1995 SLS 200K miles

After shopping cars and driving many, my wife got a 2004 Honda EX Coupe, w/ V6 240 hp. She loves the car and it is definately fast. My ol 95 sls can run with her in a roll on. She is not into drag racing starts lol. She is happy as hell and the sound system in the Honda is better than that in my 95, but then it oughta be.

It has always been about enjoying yer ride. Make mine Cadillac.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.