Honda Cadillac challenge - Page 4
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
Cadillac or competing brand model ? Why ? Discussion, Honda Cadillac challenge in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; Yeah, we all have those days where it seems that everyone's out to piss us off. It happens....
    danbuc is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '87 Jeep, '10 Thruxton, '00 Duc 748, '01 748R (853cc)

Re: Honda Cadillac challenge

Yeah, we all have those days where it seems that everyone's out to piss us off. It happens.

danss is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1984 Eldorado

Quote Originally Posted by Caddy Man
    first i would like to know...who started this honda cadillac comparison??? and secondly i'd like to know if they are on CRACK. WHo the hell compares a honda and a cadillac????? THEY ARE IN TWO DIFFERNT CLASSES. I am not sayin Honda is bad, but they are two differnt cars. If u wanna compare, compare Cadillac and Acura. Thats why acura is there, to challenge the luxury market. makin the abusurd camparo of honda to cadillac is makin a comparo to mercedes and Ford. IT JUST DOSNT WORK.
    Amen!!

ljklaiber is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1995 SLS 200K miles

Don't Shoot! I am a 64 yearold Coot! I have a 95 sls and wife has a 04 Accord coupe, V6. We like each others vehicles as well as our own. Cars are a lot more than dragracers..LOL. As a Vietvet, I can say that livin in the USA and growing old, is a fffnnn gift.

Your ride may be faster, but Son, this old dude made it home and when I die , I didn't lose.

I wish ya'll Well.

ljk

gothicaleigh is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): Current: None Past: '94 STS, '93 Eldorado, '98 ETC, '03 CTS

Quote Originally Posted by Star Tribune
    Cost of owning and operating a Cadillac DeVille (eight-cylinder) for one year:

$17,463

Cost of owning and operating a Honda Civic LX (four-cylinder) for one year:

$7,561

One-year savings:

$9,902

Five-year savings:

$49,510
    http://www.startribune.com/stories/535/5139539.html

Yeah, I like to stir things up once in a while...

Jesda is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): An endless stream of Sevilles.

Saving money.. whats the fun in that?

I'm not saying it surprised me and I'm certainly not saying it makes the Honda any more desirable... but when I saw that, the first thing I thought of was this thread. Take from it what you will.

It is interesting that you could buy a well-optioned CTS or 3 series for the amount of money they claim you save driving a Civic...

davesdeville is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 1995 ETC, 75 Deville, Cad500 powered 73 Apollo, 94 Mark VIII

Most of that's from depreciation, which you don't get as much on a cheap econobox. Insurance and fuel costs wouldn't be more than $100-300/year depending on how much you drive.

Quote Originally Posted by davesdeville
    Most of that's from depreciation, which you don't get as much on a cheap econobox. Insurance and fuel costs wouldn't be more than $100-300/year depending on how much you drive.
    That is most likely true, but not all luxury cars depreciate like the DeVille and you are definately going to spend more in gas for that Northstar as opposed to the Honda's little 4.

Quote Originally Posted by SmartMoney
    Consider this example within the luxury segment. A BMW M3 has a sticker price of $43,205, while a Cadillac DeVille goes for $42,040, according to Edmunds.com. After five years, however, the BMW is expected to hold onto nearly 50% of its value, or $21,602.50, while the Cadillac should be worth just 29% or $12,191. In other words, it costs a consumer some $8,000 more to drive the Caddy than the Beemer.
    http://www.smartmoney.com/consumer/i...story=20050128

One cause for the DeVille's massive depreciation is what dealers sell them for. Have you ever seen one go for MSRP? I know I have never heard of anyone paying full price for one.

Quote Originally Posted by Forbes
    In the latest month the average sticker on a Cadillac DeVille was $54,193 but the net price was $42,211, a 22% difference. This means that the factory gives up that much in potential profit through rebates, dealer cash, or lease or interest rate subsidies. And buyers usually get additional discounts from the dealer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Forbes
    A Honda Accord has an average sticker $24,186 and a net of $21,589, or an 11% giveback worth $707 in factory incentives.
    http://www.forbes.com/home/columnist...0921flint.html

NewCaddyFan is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 SRX V8, 2008 CTS DI

Quote Originally Posted by an01sts
    You cannot compare Hondas to Cadillacs.
    That my friends, was the Cadillac of posts!

Ralph is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

By reviving this I hope the shyte doesn't get out of hand again and I was hoping it would die out slowly even though I agree with you Caddy Fan.

cl1986 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 94 Eldorado, 94 SLS got crushed

Quote Originally Posted by gothicaleigh

Thats funny,

cost of my 94 eldo with 68k was $4750

cost of a 94 civic with 68k is about $3800

One time savings of a whopping $950

Ave MPG with 94 eldo is 26 mpg

Ave MPG with 94 civic is 36 mpg

Total yearly savings of $400 calc at 20k miles a year

Having comfort, power, and smile driving eldo = PRICELESS!!!

Randy_W is offline Banned

Real world experience? I just spent two years all over the world...do you speak French? Italian? German? Spanish? Portuguese? Irish?

Hey dummy, they speak English in Ireland!! Though Gaelic is still used also, but I doubt you speak Gaelic! Cit a bheil mi agus c sgrobh seo? Filte Romhaibh!

cadillacmike68 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 68 DVC, 96 FLTWD Brg, 09 STS N* Platinum, 11 CTS Premium

Quote Originally Posted by gothicaleigh

Those were some nice bull$h!t numbers. what are they doing adding the cost of the car in there, of course the cadillac is going to cost more, but not 9,000.00 / year unles you're comparing the cost of an XLR to a 2 door civiv

dhs
    dhs is offline Cadillac Owners Member

A more fitting comparison woulde be acura and cadillac. We actually went to test drive acuras, because of the better economy. Anyway we drove a new tl type r (before the new ones came out) 3.2 260hp. That thing didn't have an ounce of torque, it screamed like a raped goat at wot but accelerated slowly. I can imagine what a civic drives like after driving this "sports" sedan. Now the rl was a lot better, felt much stronger at low rpms, but got out of breath very quickly. Good for city driving, but would sux on the highway. After that we just decided to stick with the v8s. Just shows that theres no replacement for displacement.

MrSmith is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by evilrussian
    Lol, I've got best of both worlds. I have my reliable, economical Acura for everyday street driving and my gas-guzzlin', tire-shreddin' big ass boat Caddy for weekends! Damn, I got it made
    You and I are in the same area of cars. I have an Acura Legend {Honda if you will} That I daily move that holds the the Funk in the Trunk and when I wanna Low ride. and a Caddy when I wanna be Big daddy!! They dont want none

Quote Originally Posted by dhs
    A more fitting comparison woulde be acura and cadillac. We actually went to test drive acuras, because of the better economy. Anyway we drove a new tl type r (before the new ones came out) 3.2 260hp. That thing didn't have an ounce of torque, it screamed like a raped goat at wot but accelerated slowly. I can imagine what a civic drives like after driving this "sports" sedan. Now the rl was a lot better, felt much stronger at low rpms, but got out of breath very quickly. Good for city driving, but would sux on the highway. After that we just decided to stick with the v8s. Just shows that theres no replacement for displacement.
    I agree, I really dont think theres a good comparison when It comes to comfort either. No Acura or any foreign car have I ever driven can compare to a Caddilac. When I say comfort Im talking ride comfort not the inspectors gadgets.

I have a 91 DeVille and when I drive a spankin new Ack, Id doesnt cushin my tush, like the old lack does.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.