Honda Cadillac challenge - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Cadillac or competing brand model ? Why ? Discussion, Honda Cadillac challenge in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; I wasn't labeling people as ignorant, I was labeling the MPG system as ignorant....
    Guinness4h2o is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: Honda Cadillac challenge

I wasn't labeling people as ignorant, I was labeling the MPG system as ignorant.

Ralph is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Speaking of gasoline, octane and mileage, I've heard and occasionally read that our "regular" grade is equivalant to your "premium." Supposedly Canadian fuel is more greater refined or something so it is cleaner burning for our tough emissions testing, etc.

Are you aware of this?

High sulpher (sp?) content is supposedly in U.S. gasoline.

Arrow Re: Honda Cadillac challenge

In Ireland they use only 93 octane. I don't know about Canada, but the U.S. regular is 87, premium is 93. It does burn cleaner and more efficiently. I guess most Americans are too concerned with keeping a few pennies per gallon rather than help save their environment and keeping their engines and fuel systems cleaner .

I'm joking, but it is one reason I can't wait to move back to Ireland after college. They also buy more diesel cars back home (about 50% of the cars sold there are diesels), which I really hope catches on this side of the pond. You'd be surprised in the improvements made with diesels over the years. They don't smell bad anymore, and they're almost whipser quiet.

...and when I hear people complain about the way gas prices are getting I just think of the people of Eire. At around 1.75 euro a liter...change it to US$ and it's around $3.50/L...change liters to gallons...you're looking at close to 6 or 7 dollars a gallon!!

Ralph is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Quote Originally Posted by Guinness4h2o
    In Ireland they use only 93 octane. I don't know about Canada, but the U.S. regular is 87, premium is 93. It does burn cleaner and more efficiently. I guess most Americans are too concerned with keeping a few pennies per gallon rather than help save their environment and keeping their engines and fuel systems cleaner .

I'm joking, but it is one reason I can't wait to move back to Ireland after college. They also buy more diesel cars back home (about 50% of the cars sold there are diesels), which I really hope catches on this side of the pond. You'd be surprised in the improvements made with diesels over the years. They don't smell bad anymore, and they're almost whipser quiet.

...and when I hear people complain about the way gas prices are getting I just think of the people of Eire. At around 1.75 euro a liter...change it to US$ and it's around $3.50/L...change liters to gallons...you're looking at close to 6 or 7 dollars a gallon!!
    Our regular is 87 as well. 93 is premium.

Currently regular is 76.9 cents per litre, and that's LOW compared to the last few years! I believe that works out to $3.46 per gallon.

illumina is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '98 Buick Regal LS - '91 Caddy Seville - '87 Caddy Seville!

This knowledge proudly brought to you by a sophomore in mechanical engineering at RPI in Troy, NY.
    Would you like a cookie fo your great achievments?

Yes I would...thankyou

...would you like to post a relevant reply?

danbuc is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '87 Jeep, '10 Thruxton, '00 Duc 748, '01 748R (853cc)

Hehe, nice illumina. Hey Guinness4h2o, give me a call when your car needs fixing. I'll hook you up. This offer is proudly brought to you by a student at UTI.

Just kidding.

Wink Re: Honda Cadillac challenge

f'ing americans...

davesdeville is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 1995 ETC, 75 Deville, Cad500 powered 73 Apollo, 94 Mark VIII

Mileage means miles per gallon plain and simple, if you have associated it with EPA testing of mileage you've made a mistake. Mileage was not invented by the EPA, measuring how many miles you get with a gallon of gas has been around much longer than the EPA. Your word "gallonage" does the EXACT same thing as mileage does, it tells someone how much gas they'll use to go a distance or how much distance they can get from an amount of gas.

HOW exactly mileage and gallonage is tested depends on the standards of whoever is doing the test. If you say your way of doing the test is better, fine, but it's testing to find out the same thing.

The EPA might use a 7.5 mile test for city driving because that's around what people usually drive doing errands in the city. I'm sure they use a longer test for measuring highway mileage.

You might say the test conditions at the EPA aren't real world conditions... well that point is moot because the EPA aims to give numbers to compare between cars when you purchase them, NOT real world numbers you could expect to get driving.

It's not mileage stated in terms of gallons per mile, It's how many gallons an engine burns over a 100 mile trip.
    You obviously know basic math says you can find the number of gallons an engine burns over a 100 mile trip from a rating of 25mpg. You divide 100 by 25 to get 4, thats how many gallons you'd burn. It's testing the same thing.

The comments about embarassment were all made in jest, I just wanted to make sure I'd get a reply from you.

Cadillac...Breakthrough
    You almost had me real pissed but I'm getting mellow in my old age

...would you like to post a relevant reply?
    Are you implying that i am ignorant like all of the others that you have accused as being ignorant on this forum?

Dude, you're 19 freakin' years old and you have the answers to life. I envy you. Oh, wait, that was sarcasim.

You're a sophmore with no real world experience, just some kid who learned a few lines from those great mechanical engineering textbooks so that you could "embarrass" some people you don't even know. Go forward it tiger, you're halfway to nowhere.

Here's a clue from my great expertise on fuel economy: who gives a shit. Can you equate that into your great and "utterly" powerful brain, smartass?

If you have something decent to contribute to this forum like several hundred others have done, then by all means, get off of your high chair and help people out, Otherwise SHUT THE HELL UP!

Wow, this s**t got way out of hand. Guinness4h2o, illumina only said that with the intentio of being funny, not being offensive. I myself, being 19 also know that I'm not one to boast of being all knowledgeable of every technical aspect of automobile engineering and design, but I help when I can. The fact that you may be more articulate than some, does not give you the reason to boast about your vast wealth of information on the subject. Since you are 19, this also means that you have not experienced in life what illumina has. You also, haven't graduated from this fine establishment that you are currently enroled in.

illumina, you just have to let it go. I find myself speaking in a manner that most would find extremely rude and obnoxious some times. I've been told so, on more than one occasion. People get carried away, and that leads to comments that would normally not arise in a situation such as this. It happens. Everyone at one point or another has been told to shut up, mainly for mouthing off, or acting like a know it all. The best thing you can do is disagree and get on with things.

Sorry for the long post, but I've seen to many arguments and nasty, unwarranted comments on this forum. Just look at what I posted on the thread about that Taurus beating the CTS-V. I was a total ass on that one.

In the future, just let it slide you two.

Wink Re: Honda Cadillac challenge

Yes, I may be 19...but I've done more in my life than most people twice my age.

Real world experience? I just spent two years all over the world...do you speak French? Italian? German? Spanish? Portuguese? Irish? Have you ever even left the country? There's more culture in my little finger than your whole body.

I'm just joking with all of you, everybody here needs to relax...when did I ever claim to know all the answers? and I never said anyone was ignorant...I said the MPG system was ignorant. Besides, you're taking offense to something someone said on a forum that nobody reads anyway. Relax, grow up...breakthrough

Yes, I may be 19...but I've done more in my life than most people twice my age.

Real world experience? I just spent two years all over the world...do you speak French? Italian? German? Spanish? Portuguese? Irish? Have you ever even left the country? There's more culture in my little finger than your whole body.

I'm just joking with all of you, everybody here needs to relax...when did I ever claim to know all the answers? and I never said anyone was ignorant...I said the MPG system was ignorant. Besides, you're taking offense to something someone said on a forum that nobody reads anyway. Relax, grow up...breakthrough
    have you ever been in combat mother****er?

have you ever been shot at multiple times?

what kind of hood' did you come from?

who the **** are you to tell me you have more experience in life?

you're the one who needs to grow up.

Dude, he was just kidding. Plus, I think he's was reffering somewhat to my post.
    Like I said before illumina, you just have to let it go. Your not gonna win everybody over. I learned this a long, long time ago. Neither of you know each other personally (I guess), and therefor, cannot judge eachother's character as with someone you've personally met. I hate to see s**t like this happen for no reason.

Quote Originally Posted by danbuc
    Dude, he was just kidding. Plus, I think he's was reffering somewhat to my post.
    Like I said before illumina, you just have to let it go. Your not gonna win everybody over. I learned this a long, long time ago. Neither of you know each other personally (I guess), and therefor, cannot judge eachother's character as with someone you've personally met. I hate to see s**t like this happen for no reason.
    you're right bro. i am just having a very bad day...it just seems like is is trying to get people mad, in which case he succeeded with me.

oh well, im just "joking", guiness or whatever you call yourself.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.