Ford Five Hundred
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Cadillac or competing brand model ? Why ? Discussion, Ford Five Hundred in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; I test drove a Five Hundred SEL (500SEL) today. Most impressive is the amount of room in the interior and ...
    Ormond is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ex-Allante owner

Post Ford Five Hundred

I test drove a Five Hundred SEL (500SEL) today. Most impressive is the amount of room in the interior and the trunk. It really didn't have a luxury car feel, but for a price of $26-$29,000 with available AWD and side-curtain airbags it is a bargain. Styling is very conservative--probably a little too sedate. I suggest a big-pimpin' edition.

The press is dissing it for lack of power. Only a 3.0 litre is available. The mileage with the 6-spd automatic is 21/29. I guess it depends on one's priorities. I believe the car, and the new Ford Freestyle, is derived from the same platform as the Volvo S80.

I tried to get the salesman to let me stop and pick up a dead armidillo, but he wouldn't let me!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Vesicant is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): None :(

Re: Ford Five Hundred

Looks like a promising package but like the press, (and like our Catera) it needs more power. The name, also, makes no sense for the car.. Five-hundred?

Other than that its great, good looks, good looking interior etc.

Sandy is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '93 Cadillac 60 Special; '03 Lincoln TownCar Limited ED

I believe that you meant to say the Volvo S60. The S80 is a luxury car, topping off at $57,000 fully contented. Different understructure as well....
    500SEL That's a good one!!

ben72227 is offline Banned

Ford Five-Hundred? Strange name. Maybe thats how much the used car salesman will give you when you trade it in; $500 for a POS ford...

knifeparty420 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

That car sucks. That is the lamest, most boring, and unoriginal design I have ever seen. Ford is always going to the past for styling ideas and rarely comes out with anything original. Retro isn't cool thats why it's retro.

Msilva954 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 92 Deville

^^^^Main stream america likes ugly looking average cars...just like the camry and accord.................my moneys on the new XG380 when it comes out.

ben72227 is offline Banned

Main stream america likes ugly looking average cars...just like the camry and accord
    ugly - yes. Average - no. Thats why people buy camrys and accords - they're not average. They're reliable (and are consistent for being reliable) they have good gas mileage, and they have low depreciation values, wheras american cars... well, they don't - ESPECIALLY CADILLAC.(not trying to be harsh, but its true - thats how all of us can afford those mid 90's STSs )

Slick V is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Fords crown vic has been out for about 8 years now, you think the 500 is the crown vic replacement? I really dont see it as a police car, not agressive looking at all.

knifeparty420 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Slick V
    Fords crown vic has been out for about 8 years now, you think the 500 is the crown vic replacement? I really dont see it as a police car, not agressive looking at all.
    in the new road and track it has an update of all cars and ford is still producing the crown vic and even making slight changes so I don't think it is being replaced by the terrible 500.

Ormond is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ex-Allante owner

Post Re: Ford Five Hundred

Ford used to have a Galaxie 500. Ford is trying to name its new vehicles by using the letter "F." We now have "Five Hundred" and "Freestyle" with "Fusion" still to come.

brougham is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1991 Cadillac Brougham D'Elegance 5.7 Litre

The 500 is supposed to be replacing the Taurus. I have a brochure for them from last time one of our cars was at the dealer for service and I don't like the way they look too much either. I like the Taurus better.

Rolex is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2008 Nissan Titan, 1996 Jeep Wrangler

Quote Originally Posted by brougham
    The 500 is supposed to be replacing the Taurus. I have a brochure for them from last time one of our cars was at the dealer for service and I don't like the way they look too much either. I like the Taurus better.
    I can definately see it as the replacement for the Taurus. It looks like the next big "company car" or "fleet vehicle" (Taxi cab material). It will probably sell pretty well to rental companies, which will make its resale value about the same as the Taurus.

Slick V is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Ok, that makes more sence, it does look like it would be a replacement for a Taurus. Wonder what the next crown vic will look like then.

davesdeville is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 1995 ETC, 75 Deville, Cad500 powered 73 Apollo, 94 Mark VIII

I like it OK, but I don't think it will fare too well against Chrysler's 300 being that they're close in pricing.

gothicaleigh is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): Current: None Past: '94 STS, '93 Eldorado, '98 ETC, '03 CTS

I thought that at first too, but then realized that the 300 doesn't offer AWD. That may make the 500 attractive to a different market.

Also, the 300C is head and shoulders above the 500, but it's price starts in the mid-thirties. For the price of the Ford 500, you get one of the underpowered 300s. I don't see enough performance difference there to sway the opinions of the Ford faithful...

Personally, if I had to drive a large car in that price range, I would pick the 300 due to it's styling and the common misconception that they all are 300C's. Of course, if interior size isn't a priority, there are dozens of better choices in that price range...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.