Ford Five Hundred - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Cadillac or competing brand model ? Why ? Discussion, Ford Five Hundred in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; What disappoints the most is that it could have looked like this (damn you for not following through, Ford!): Ford ...
    gothicaleigh is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): Current: None Past: '94 STS, '93 Eldorado, '98 ETC, '03 CTS

Re: Ford Five Hundred

What disappoints the most is that it could have looked like this (damn you for not following through, Ford!):

Ford 427 Concept from 2003 NAIAS

davesdeville is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 1995 ETC, 75 Deville, Cad500 powered 73 Apollo, 94 Mark VIII

J Crizzle that is hideous! Thank you Ford for not following through.

knifeparty420 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

is it me or does that car look like a Deville with the new STS front end? Look at the tail lights, almost identical to Deville's. Just goes to prove my earlier point that Ford is unoriginal with all their new designs.

ben72227 is offline Banned

that looks like a redesigned deville....very unoriginal...

but to fords credit, i will admit that the 05 mustang looks MUCH better than the current model.

SilverFleetwood85 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1992 Cadillac Sedan Deville

The Ford Five Hundred is just a Taurus replacement. The transmission will go out, the engine will blow a head gasket and lose compression, and the interior will rattle like a can full of nails. Junk and more Junk. Parents owned two Fords, nothing but trouble.
    Ford=Found on Roadside Dead!!!!!!!

ben72227 is offline Banned

Ford=Found on Roadside Dead!!!!!!!
    and don't forget:

FORD = Fix Or Repair Daily

danbuc is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '87 Jeep, '10 Thruxton, '00 Duc 748, '01 748R (853cc)

I stopped by my local ford dealer the other day to check out the new 05 GT. I was walking around the lot when I saw the 500. At first, I thought it was a big Taurus. When I walked around to back of the car, I was very surprised to find that instead of just "500" it actually says "Five Hundred" on the back of the car. That, I thought was the most rediculous thing I've ever seen. That like Cadillac writing "Seville Touring Sedan" instead of just "STS" on the back of their cars. Honeslty, who has time to read that going down the road. It's only two words, but still, I think that just 500 would have been better. I hope it comes with a decent powertrain warranty...hehe

Msilva954 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 92 Deville

One its not really a Taurus replacement.....thats the Fusions job and two, its actually worth its weight, a first for Ford in the past couple years.

Im 6'5" and after sitting in it at the car show I found it to be extremely comfortable and the trunk in amazing.......all in all I feel that for a every day driving car this more then excedes what most people need and in my opinion it has a nice refined not too flashy look which really suits it......on the road it looks pretty nice too........yada yada yada about the engine too.....but the new one will be pretty powerful.....I think what Dutch Mandel said about it pretty much sums up the whole car and what he basically said was that people need to stfu about this car, its better then most cars out there and it doesnt have that look at me look..

To me Ford is back on track......we plan to get a GT stang when replacing the 97'......in all actuallity im glad to see that almost all the American companies are back on track......20 yrs later....but better then never..

Jesda is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): An endless stream of Sevilles.

The 300 offers AWD now for 2005. I also dig the 500 for its clean styling. I cringe whenever I see a 96 Taurus on the road.

Ralph is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Quote Originally Posted by ben72227
    and don't forget:

Freaking old rebuilt Dodge is what I say.

Yup, the trunk space is incredible, but make no mistake, it is very conservative and not that exciting. A good basic transportation vehicle.

majax is offline 32V Northstar

I am kind of a Buick fan so I like the LaCrosse. My uncle has owned buicks and they have been great cars for him. I think the LaCrosse is somewhat built off of the '95-'97 STS. One of the mags I was reading in ths store compared the two.

Yeah I think 500 is a better name than Taurus. I think the wood inside it looks really cheap and so does the leather. I do though think that it is a imporvement and that it will be better to look at on the road than a Taurus.

I know someone with a '95 Taurus v6 and its leaking oil. I would rate it as so so. 124k

I am no Ford fan. I have always wondered why do Ford people buy Dodge and dont like Chevy which Chevy buyers buy Chevies and Imports.

Found Over-Rolling Downhill

majax is offline 32V Northstar

Quote Originally Posted by Jesda
    I cringe whenever I see a 96 Taurus on the road.
    I know someone with one and its always dieing. So now they are a Camry fans cause thier '89 Camry never dies.

1toycad is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by ben72227
    and don't forget:

Or...FORD = Fix On Race Day

In Spanish

FORD = Fabricacion Ordinaria, Rotura Diaria

Translation = Lousy Manufacturing Daily Repairs

davesdeville is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 1995 ETC, 75 Deville, Cad500 powered 73 Apollo, 94 Mark VIII

Some of you guys need to stick to the "found on roadside dead," these acronyms..

chevyorange is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Thumbs up Re: Ford Five Hundred

Quote Originally Posted by Ormond
    Ford used to have a Galaxie 500. Ford is trying to name its new vehicles by using the letter "F." We now have "Five Hundred" and "Freestyle" with "Fusion" still to come.
    My "used to be" beloved Chevrolet does this a lot with the "C". Hmmmm... that reminds me.... I still want my Corvette.....

Adam

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.