60s Era Cadillac VS Imperial Lebrons - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Cadillac or competing brand model ? Why ? Discussion, 60s Era Cadillac VS Imperial Lebrons in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; as celebration for your 1000th post you should let me come and take a spin in that ASC of yours ...
    Stoneage_Caddy is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Gobi 01 Frontier/Ishi 96 Nighthawk/Gladys 94 Deville I Loved

Re: 60s Era Cadillac VS Imperial Lebrons

as celebration for your 1000th post you should let me come and take a spin in that ASC of yours , id me more than happy to remove some of the carbon ! j/k

EDIT: forgot the other part , that 80s 2 door imperial , was that the same type that came in a frank sinatra edition ? saw one in alaska , very odd car also very light blue paint and dark blue interior if i remeber right

brougham is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1991 Cadillac Brougham D'Elegance 5.7 Litre

Quote Originally Posted by Stoneage_Caddy
    EDIT: forgot the other part , that 80s 2 door imperial , was that the same type that came in a frank sinatra edition ? saw one in alaska , very odd car also very light blue paint and dark blue interior if i remeber right
    that's them.

Night Wolf is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Unicycle

damn, I want an Imp now....

there was one on ebay that had a starting bid around $350... they said if it didn't sell, it was going to the crusher (it was complete)

I was looking at some demo-derby sights and the Imp is the most sought after car for demo derby... such a shame... BUT, they all say they are a tank... MANY of them that raced an Imp in the derby said they used the same car in 4-5 derbys and won all of them.... damn things are huge....

... I want one just for the sheery size and mass.... mmmmm...

Sandy is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '93 Cadillac 60 Special; '03 Lincoln TownCar Limited ED

I will not let you come & get rid of that carbon....BUT, you can come and do some serious burn-outs in reverse, if you'd like, especially with the emergency brake "ON"

The interior in the Frank Sinatra Imperials of 1981 was powder blue, special made for THAT car.

Ultimately, Imperials were BANNED from Demo Derbys, as they always won, and quickly. Not because of the size, because Chrysler used thicker steel on their bodies, and they were assembled with many more welds that any other car. They DID not break apart. Their bumpers were soilid steel, chromed.

A 1973 Imperial smackin' into a 1973 Impala is like a half back on a pro football team punching a 5th grade "brownie" ....

I remeber heraing about the demo derby bit, also the chrysler newport was banned

Ditto the New Yorker

Vesicant is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): None :(

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph
    We're all shocked in my family. My Dad who hates Chryslers with a passion (calls them junk compared to GM or Ford) even had to admit that 1988 Dynasty must have done something right. I should mention, though, that his Dynasty had a new tranny installed under warrenty within 6 months of being new. But still..

My 1993 Shadow ES has 154 plus on the original trans.

I love imperials.. the time when chrysler did right, high quallity all the way.

n

Quote Originally Posted by JefferyG
    My 1993 Shadow ES has 154 plus on the original trans. .

automatic ?

hmm i wonder if the twin turbo 3.0 from the stealth/3000gtvr4 twins would fit in there .... the 3.0 in the shadow and the stealth were boath made by mitsu and i bet the blocks are very similar outside some extra gussets and oil passages

last shadow i drove was a 2.2 turbo and 5 speed , not bad ....too bad it wasnt the CSX with the VNT motor

Ralph is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy
    Ditto the New Yorker
    Wasn't one of the downfalls of the Imperial the fact that the New Yorker cost less and offered as much as the Imperial. (or close to it?) The Imperials got more and more expensive but the New Yorker was a good bargain for what it had?

Ralph is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Quote Originally Posted by Stoneage_Caddy
    CSX with the VNT motor
    I remember reading about that like 14 years ago! Wasn't that something with the turbo to prevent turbo lag at low rpm? Something about the design of the turbo with "little fins" or something?

Wasn't one of the downfalls of the Imperial the fact that the New Yorker cost less and offered as much as the Imperial. (or close to it?) The Imperials got more and more expensive but the New Yorker was a good bargain for what it had?
    Well. it was like the Buick Park Avenue Ultra of today, compared to the Cadillac de Ville. Close, but not there...yet.

I remember reading about that like 14 years ago! Wasn't that something with the turbo to prevent turbo lag at low rpm? Something about the design of the turbo with "little fins" or something?
    Kinda , it stood for Varible Nozzle Turbo

The pitch of the impeller vanes would change across the turbos rpm range , so at low turbo speeds the impeller vanes would be held very close toghter to promote low lag and then once it started to come up on boost the vanes would spread back out all the way to give the full boost potential fo the turbo(174 hp) ...It was only produced one year (1990)due to some quailty issues and seal problems....

I think The rarest of the cars with the engine was the Lebaron , I had a chance to buy one which turned out to be one of 8 hardtop cars in black with the 5 speed tranny but it was too rough for me (been in alaska its whole life)...

I belive it might be more rare in the Masarati TC form .....cant remeber for sure

It came in the
    Dodge Daytona C/S
    Shadow CSX
    Lebaron
    Masarati TC
    (i think thats all)

EDIT :engine never madeit to the masarati , got it confused with the 16v 2.2 Turbo (masarti designed head)

EDIT :engine never madeit to the masarati , got it confused with the 16v 2.2 Turbo (masarti designed head)

Thanks for saving me the time. I sold them! There is a very devoted internet club of like 4,000 members who own them. I never liked them, very much. They all stunk, literally! Over in Italy they coated them with some gunk to protect them, and you could never get rid of the stink! Go find one to sit in. They are now like 10+ years old. THEY STILL SMELL OF IT. We had a few owners trade them in after 6 months. They could not take it any longer. They were very comfortible to sit in, BUT the Italian leather cracked in 14 months, and whereever the cracks intersected, the color chipped off. In 2 years you had polka dot leather. The removeable roof was a PITA to lift off, required 2 MEN to do it & then you needed to buy the storage cart & cover to put it somewhere. The front wheels were 4-ever covered in brake dust. You could run the steam jenny on them and spray them with freakin "Agent Orange" ~ and have them looking like sterling silver polished, and drive the car 20 miles of stop 'n go, and you got charcoal colored rims again!!
    Otherwise, they were okay, I guess. Lots of folks love them.

I guess the allante was much beatter machine ...

New for new the allante was much more expensive ?(always liked it beatter)

Ill never own the TC then , i cant stand a stinky car

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.