Hummer VS. Escalade - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Cadillac or competing brand model ? Why ? Discussion, Hummer VS. Escalade in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; the one above was in Lowrider a few months back. it was nicknamed the "Humm-Deville." if that is the one....
    Adam is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): JimmyH

Re: Hummer VS. Escalade

the one above was in Lowrider a few months back. it was nicknamed the "Humm-Deville." if that is the one.

alloyed2sea is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2002 SLS

Wink Re: Hummer VS. Escalade

Hummillac me-thinks!

boatmanea is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): White diamond '04 Escalade AWD

Quote Originally Posted by cadillacchromer
    So only dope dealers can afford a 50K SUV.... Hmmm !!! thats an interesting concept..
    Funny, I've never had any problems peddling dope out of either the H2 or the 'Slade...AND I paid more than $50K for both - if you include the customization features.

Seriously tho, I have to echo Alec W. The 'Slade is made for cruising in comfort and looking Badass while doing it. The H2 is made for off-roading (and we use ours off-road) and it does a good job. Everyone points out the broken tie rods, flips, stalling, etc... For every one of those there are TONS of good points and moments. Besides, ANYONE who drives a vehicle off-road improperly can break it, flip it, or damage it in some way - this is way my wife drives the H2.

Apples and oranges IMHO.

-E (from San Antonio, TX)

04 white diamond AWD Escalade
    03 yellow lux H2
    70 black Karman Ghia

Quote Originally Posted by boatmanea
    Funny, I've never had any problems peddling dope out of either the H2 or the 'Slade...
    Exactly. You dont see pimps selling sex out of Geos now, do you?
    Itz all amatta of appearances gents.

Funny, I've never had any problems peddling dope out of either the H2 or the 'Slade...
    Exactly. You dont see pimps selling sex out of a Geos now, do you?
    Itz all amatta of appearances gents.

Night Wolf is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Unicycle

eh, I like the H2.... simply for the fact it can do 80% of what the origanal Hummer could do... at half the cost...

...buying a luxury SUV, then not doing what it was made to do... is pointless.... perhaps that is why I respect Land Rover owners alot... well, the previous generation.... they went off roading alot.... if I had a Hummer... either one, I would... if I had an Escalade, it would get a grille guard, slight lift kit and bigger tires... none of this 26" wheel stuff.... why buy a truck when the worst 4x4'ing it'll see is hitting the curb at the mall?

Here is another H2 joke... I just found it interesting.....

Playdrv4me is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 1992 STS / 2005 MB G500 / 2003 STS / 2006 XLR-V

Quote Originally Posted by Machine
    Ever see that video of a stock Jeep Wrangler and a H2 go up a class 2 trail? The Jeep ran up the trial while the H2 broke a tie-rod. Class 2 trails are easy. The H2 only looks tough. I'd take a Z71 Tahoe or Suburban before a H2
    From this was bourne the classic Wranger rear window sticker that reads: " H2 Recovery Team" Gotta love it.

Escalade all the way. The H2 is dropping rapidly in sales and interest as it starts to lose the newness appeal, and as owners are quickly trading them in due to the gas mileage and truck like drive and ride, the resale is going in the toilet. I already have found one H2 in the north for 27k, probably negotiable to about 25. Thats a 25000.00 loss of value in 2 years.

Due to this, there is an unreal lease deal going on right now... 599 a month GMAC Smartbuy. That is too cool for school. However, if I had 52k to spend on a Hummer, then Id obviously have a little more in reserve to pay for the king, which I consider the 2003 and up (for luxury AND ability, and the pre 2003 ability) Land Rover Range Rover, or even the less costly Toyota Land Cruiser/LX470, No contest, those two rigs, and the MYRIAD of trucks at my old stomping ground, JeepsUnlimited.com (Grand Cherokee, Wrangler, Cherokee), will rip apart an H2 off the beaten path. Its just too big and heavy, plain and simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Night Wolf
    eh, I like the H2.... simply for the fact it can do 80% of what the origanal Hummer could do... at half the cost...

...buying a luxury SUV, then not doing what it was made to do... is pointless.... perhaps that is why I respect Land Rover owners alot... well, the previous generation.... they went off roading alot.... if I had a Hummer... either one, I would... if I had an Escalade, it would get a grille guard, slight lift kit and bigger tires... none of this 26" wheel stuff.... why buy a truck when the worst 4x4'ing it'll see is hitting the curb at the mall?

Here is another H2 joke... I just found it interesting.....
    Keep in mind that if you find the origin of that image - the truck had ALREADY plowed through 4 other cars... Yeah it's F'd up, but I'd like to see any other vehicle get that far and look so good.

http://www.adn.com/alaska/story/1672787p-1789726c.html

Playdrv4me is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 1992 STS / 2005 MB G500 / 2003 STS / 2006 XLR-V

Keep in mind that if you find the origin of that image - the truck had ALREADY plowed through 4 other cars... Yeah it's F'd up, but I'd like to see any other vehicle get that far and look so good.

http://www.adn.com/alaska/story/1672787p-1789726c.html
    I agree, the passenger compartment is virtually untouched too. It looks by the door the driver pretty much just walked away.

Quote Originally Posted by Playdrv4me
    From this was bourne the classic Wranger rear window sticker that reads: " H2 Recovery Team" Gotta love it.

Escalade all the way. The H2 is dropping rapidly in sales and interest as it starts to lose the newness appeal, and as owners are quickly trading them in due to the gas mileage and truck like drive and ride, the resale is going in the toilet. I already have found one H2 in the north for 27k, probably negotiable to about 25. Thats a 25000.00 loss of value in 2 years.

Due to this, there is an unreal lease deal going on right now... 599 a month GMAC Smartbuy. That is too cool for school. However, if I had 52k to spend on a Hummer, then Id obviously have a little more in reserve to pay for the king, which I consider the 2003 and up (for luxury AND ability, and the pre 2003 ability) Land Rover Range Rover, or even the less costly Toyota Land Cruiser/LX470, No contest, those two rigs, and the MYRIAD of trucks at my old stomping ground, JeepsUnlimited.com (Grand Cherokee, Wrangler, Cherokee), will rip apart an H2 off the beaten path. Its just too big and heavy, plain and simple.
    H2 isn't my thing. I love the way it looks, but it wasn't very practical for me. My wife, on the other hand, can't live without hers. But, a few points about your pot-shots at the H2:

Many people who are trading in their H2's are doing so because it's not the "big truck" you think it is. It is tall, it is wide, but it is NOT very big inside. You can sit 5 comfortably with the third row seat in place (6 if you want to get close on the back bench) - leaving you with very little room for cargo.

Trading in the H2 for gas milage? It's not a mystery when you buy it (ask the dealer and they'll TELL you or just look at the spec sheet), so it's not a surprise. And don't blame the war in Iraq - if you can shell out the cash for an H2 (or a 'Slade), you can afford the gas. What kind of milage do you THINK it gets? 6mpg? (That's what most people who bash it think). Take a look at the spec sheet and you'll see it gets about the same milage as the 'Slade - 12city/17hwy. My favorite is the Touareg clan who think their ride is SO much better for the environment (when it's not in the shop)...at 14mpg.

And as far as resale going in the toilet. That is a phenomenon that occurs with 90% of the auto market. The 'Slade is one of the few that hold their value very well. I am a very happy owner of one. I also think that those who want the H2, have them, so sales are equalizing. Plus, there may be some hesitation with the H3 coming out soon - a smaller, cheaper, and just as capable off-road machine.

Finally, the H2 is too big and heavy? Jeeps will rip it up off the beaten path? I'll agree that there are things the Jeep can do that the H2 can't. However, the reciprocal is also true. Try looking at some of the H2 forums and look at their videos of Jeeps, LandCruisers, Blazers, Land Rovers, and yes, H2's going over the SAME obstacles at MOAB or whatever favorite offroad spot you know. A lot of the Jeep forums and other clubs have been hesitant because they think the H2 is a lumbering beast and doesn't belong. But, the ability of the truck (be it Jeep or H2) has to do with the wheelbase, the equipment, and mostly, the driver.

Here's some pics and video from the local group that my wife goes off-roading with: http://h2southtexas.com/gallery.html

Anyway, I like the way it looks, but I'll continue cruising (on-road) in my 'Slade. I prefer that ride any day.

flutie flakes is offline Cadillac Owners Member

i'd like to see them race that would be sweet!

Quote Originally Posted by flutie flakes
    i'd like to see them race that would be sweet!
    Race? You mean H2 Vs Escalade?

The main difference is in the tonnage. The H2 has heavy duty reinforced off-road EVERYTHING. The Escalade weighs about 2,000 pounds less with the same engine. Who do YOU think would win that one.

NO contest! even the 2WD Escalade would blow the doors off an H2.

-E

Hey flutie flakes,

I just got some video footage of a friend of my wife's who has a pumped up HUMMER (Lingenfelter package - I do not know the stats or equipment, so don't ask) who totally SMOKED a Ford Lightning at a local drag strip.

This could possibly be a HUMMER which would toast an Escalade...

http://www.svt-enthusiast.com/albums...DLIGHTNING.wmv

90Brougham350 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 94 FWB, 93 SDV, 94 FWB (sold), 90 Brougham (sold)

Holy damn that's sweet! I didn't think that was possible on a vehicle that heavy.

Brian

cl1986 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 94 Eldorado, 94 SLS got crushed

I found a good video, nothing to do with hummer or escalade, crappy fords, but it was pretty cool

http://4wheeldrive.about.com/gi/dyna...ubfest2003.wmv

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.