2nd Car Infiniti??
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Cadillac or competing brand model ? Why ? Discussion, 2nd Car Infiniti?? in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; So in my quest for a second car, I just noticed a tv ad for the new 04 Infiniti G35 ...
    Hetrain is offline Cadillac Owners Member

2nd Car Infiniti??

So in my quest for a second car, I just noticed a tv ad for the new 04 Infiniti G35 4 Door Sedan. It has the new flip up dvd, leather ect. I was gonna get it black on black leather, limo tint windows, and maybe some 20s on it?? Whats everyone think? Anyone have any experiance with Infiniti?? I remember the biggest mistake ever was me buying a saturn for my first car when i was younger, it was a start up company then and it was a bad car, and dont want to take any risks. The car looks nice, and I have always thought that infiniti was sort of a top of the line sedan, under lexus and benz ect..

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Lade is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Re: 2nd Car Infiniti??

I've heard some good things about the sedan, but a guy I met bought a loaded coupe and traded in a 330ci. He had the Infiniti 3 hours before going back to the dealer and asking to pay $1000 dollars just to get his car back. He complained about the Trans. and some electrical problems. The dealer gave him his car back for free and unwound the deal. I know a girl with the 4door who has never had a problem. The new redesigned BMW 3 series is coming out soon, and will be very cool as another option. There may also be a M3 sedan once again.

elwesso is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45

The G35 is obviously a very popular car... I do like it, but here's my take on it.. Are you set on the sedan, or you think you might consider the coupe? The coupe really is pretty nice, and rear space is really adequate.. Headroom iusnt really good but legroom is OK.... Now take in mind my opinion because I own another infiniti and I wouldnt say things bad unless I thought it was bad...

First off, I drove a 03.5 coupe, with an automatic... Had a lot of options...

The good
    1. The exterior styling is very good, everything about the car is attractive.. The one I drove was red so thats good..
    2. Interior is very nice... I didnt like the seat buttons on the set, if you were larger you might hit the buttons with your leg... Non issue for me though . Leather is of top notch quality, one I drove had 35k on the clock and it was just showing minimal wear... Dash felt a little cheap with the brushed "plastic" but Id say easily on par with competition.. The seats are a little firm for my tastes but VERY supportive. I like it when I can get a grove going...
    3. Driving felt nice. Theres a LOT of low end power, high end power is adequate but kind of disappointing.. It just kinda runs out of steam.

4. The VQ35DE engine is VERY reliable and is also very popular, so aftermarket support it already very big...

Infiniti is not a start up company.. They've been running since 1990 (same as lexus)...

I might also consider an M45 for that money, as they are nice cars as well and lots more power......

clickart is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Infiniti is the most reliable car that you could get. My dad got a 98 with over 200k miles and it is still fine without any problem.

Clickart, what kind of infiniti did he have??? Q45?

99 SKALAID is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

i work at infiniti

the o5 g35 is coming out and is redesigned

if you have any specific questions just ask and i can answer them for you....

Is it a big change for 05??? Also, how are the mpg for both 04 and 05??

AZScorpion is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I've been lurking on this board for awhile - just haven't posted because I didn't feel I had anything to contribute until now...

G35 = Krap

I bailed on my 03 Sedan w/Sport package. 16, yes that's right 16, trips to the shop...

I know 4 other owners and to a Tee we have ALL had the same problems without exception. The list is long and scary.

Transmission
    3 CD players
    Countless electricals
    Brakes SO bad Infiniti will replace them free for the 1st 36K. Thats 3x...
    Automatic Transmission won't shift out of park.
    Faulty sensors left & right
    Noisy AC
    Suspension turned to mush after 1st 15k...

One of my friends just won her lawsuit against Infiniti. They refused to honor the Lemon law in Arizona... Guess they learned the hard way.

Buy one if you love the J30's because that's what you'll get as a loaner when your car is in the shop 16 times in 2 years...

BTW - my 16 trips are LESS than any of my other 4 friends. Best part is every incident is a KNOWN problem. They also rarely have parts because there's such a run on the faulty items.

Oh well... car looks sharp - no doubt about that, but honestly you couldn't give me another one even if it was free. It's an insult to Japanese automaking & quality.

I bailed & got an 04 Escalade w/ 24's

99 skalaid whats your responce being that you work for infiniti??

AZScorpion is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Sorry to sound so bitter... It's just that the last 2 years really disappointed me. No car is perfect - especially these days. If I was the only one having the problems I would chalk it up to bad luck. The problem is I'm not. My experience, bad as it was, was still better than my friends.

I think the sedan looks sharp and the coupe - WOW! One of the best looking cars I've ever seen. But the headaches outweighed the fun. Nothing worse than thinking "what next" every time you turn the key.

For past Infiniti owners: I agree - the previous generations seemed to be really well built. There's tons of loyal Q45 and J30 owners out there who still won't part with their rides. That says a lot.

Nice alternatives: New Acura TL - looks great & oozing technology. Caddy CTS. I test drove one for fun. It was quieter and had a more natural driving position than my G35. You could also really feel the 270 ponies. Had a nice response when you accellerated. BMW 3 series - 330?

Drove a few Audis with a friend. A4 1.8T, 3.0 and 2.6T They were nice but I wasn't crazy about the interiors. 1.8 needed a bigger "T" IMO.

Also - have you seen any decked out 300c's? Your black on black with Limo tint & 20's would look killer. Yeah it's a Chrysler, but supposedly they used the Benz semiauto transmission and obviously have a whole new engine/drivetrain config with the Hemi and RWD combo.

I guess it depends on what you're going to use the 2nd car for. You can get some nice Porsches used for under $50k. There's lots of choices out there.

clickart is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

He got an QX4. They don't make those anymore. JD Power rated Infiniti as the second most reliable car with Lexus on top of the list.

Quote Originally Posted by AZScorpion
    I've been lurking on this board for awhile - just haven't posted because I didn't feel I had anything to contribute until now...

G35 = Krap

I bailed on my 03 Sedan w/Sport package. 16, yes that's right 16, trips to the shop...

I know 4 other owners and to a Tee we have ALL had the same problems without exception. The list is long and scary.

Transmission
    3 CD players
    Countless electricals
    Noisy AC

One of my friends just won her lawsuit against Infiniti. They refused to honor the Lemon law in Arizona... Guess they learned the hard way.

Buy one if you love the J30's because that's what you'll get as a loaner when your car is in the shop 16 times in 2 years...

BTW - my 16 trips are LESS than any of my other 4 friends. Best part is every incident is a KNOWN problem. They also rarely have parts because there's such a run on the faulty items.

Oh well... car looks sharp - no doubt about that, but honestly you couldn't give me another one even if it was free. It's an insult to Japanese automaking & quality.

I bailed & got an 04 Escalade w/ 24's
    That is a bad example...

If you see and analyze OVERALL, they are VERY reliable... Thats also why you have a warranty... I dont understand why people bitch about things being unreliable under warranty, sure its inconvienent but earlier failures= better later in life...

I like the 300s as well!

Please do not start with the 300s again, I dont know if anyone on this post saw the Escalade vs 300 thead....hahha... If I wasnt 6 foot 4 I would have a porshe(bad spelling) and cant stand the 300, mainly bc of the chrysler name and its a second string luxury car. If it was a lexus or mercedes I would have one right now.

99 SKALAID is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by AZScorpion

G35 = Krap

Transmission
    3 CD players
    Countless electricals
    Noisy AC

well i dont know how to start off with a reply

if you had a 03 then you had the automatic transmission then, the 04 you could get a manual transmission sedan. Not sure the problem with you automatic transmission, but if you ever added any other fluid than the NISSAN MATIC J fluid then that was the problem. There are no recalls on the transmissions or service bulletins, so you got me on that one.

next you say you went threw 3 indash radio with the 6 disk indash cd changer. My assumption on that would be that you were using burned disks, that happens all the time with the indash changers, the burned disks are just slightly thinner than the actual CD's. the difference is so small that you might not be able to tell by eye, but it is there.

If you could be specific with electricals then i could go with that, nothing really common that comes to mind. Once you get the timing sensor's updated you should be all set along with the brake switch.

Brakes....you wrote

"Brakes SO bad Infiniti will replace them free for the 1st 36K. Thats 3x..."

They arent BAD as you call them, the brakes are oversized for the weight of the car. YES they wear out YES their is a 36K warranty on the brakes, but that is because the brakes stop the car better than any car in it's class. BY alot. So i ask you this...... would you like to have average brakes like everyone else... or brakes that are the best and stop the car in a faster, shorter time

Auto tranny wont shift out of park, no idea, did you put your foot on the brake first?

faulty sensors left and right..... i mentioned them before

Nosiy ac.... turn it down one notch you probably have it set to max fan speed and your complaining about how loud it is.... :rolleyes2

Suspension is under warranty and the only issue is that it can PULL to the right. no idea on that one...

i am not trying to stick up for infiniti, i just work there, and i deal with these cars on a day to day to day basis. Just trying to give an ACCURATE idea of what i see on a day to day basis....

oh and by the way

99... Good post, I think you were being reasonable nad objective...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.