2nd Car Infiniti?? - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Cadillac or competing brand model ? Why ? Discussion, 2nd Car Infiniti?? in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; Excellent post as no one is trying to get into a flame war and I don't want to hijack the ...
    AZScorpion is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: 2nd Car Infiniti??

Excellent post as no one is trying to get into a flame war and I don't want to hijack the thread. I'll just reply to a few basic things.

I used many burned CD's. I always have in several cars and the G was the only one with the problem. You bring up a good point though. Maybe I should be careful since my Lade has a Bose system in it too. 3 Units in 2.5 yrs is a lot though.

The won't shift out of park issue was strange. It did it randomly. My dealer said they'd seen several like that but no one could track the problem. Working the brake & steering wheel wouldn't release it. Their recommendation was to carry a flat head screwdriver and use the manual release to the upper left of the shifter to get it out.

Brakes performed awesome. Almost as good as my old Porsche and that's saying a lot. The issue is brake life. I came in for my 1st brake job at 18k miles and the dealer was floored I got that much out of them. I shrugged it off until my next one came 11k later followed by my 3rd about 12-14k after that. Crazy. The issue is the super soft pads. Yes they help stop it quicker but the life and the ungodly amount of dust they create really make it a toss up as to whether or not it's worth the extra 10ft to stop. Imagine how bad the complaints had too be for Infiniti to decide to cover brake jobs for the 1st 36k miles on all their cars. That's a huge expense and was not part of my original warranty. It's called damage control in the PR world.

AC noise is a very well known problem esp with first models. There's an issue with the fan and there is a SB out for it. There's also one for the "blows warm engine compartment air" even when the system is off. Fun on a 108 degree day in AZ.

I wish I had a better experience with the car. The dealer was always great. Never an issue there. I loved how it drove and looked. I just couldn't live with the reliability issues.

I would say I just got a bad car except for the fact that my friends all have had worse experiences. The one who sued Infiniti could write a book. I felt sorry for her. Infiniti was condescending, belligerent and went to the mat with her even though she easily met the lemon law guidelines. In the end it actually went before a judge and she won. Way to build customer loyalty...

Hopefully the ones rolling out now are free of problems. Like I said - I LOVE the way the coupe looks! It would make an awesome 2nd car if I hadn't had the experience I did. Only time will tell. Until then I'm happy driving my Lade although I'm getting a little tired of my daughter watching Spy Kids 24/7 in the back

AZScorpion is offline Cadillac Owners Member

So hetrain - have you test driven anything lately? Are you going to put other people in it and what's your price range? Lots of fun stuff out there.

Hetrain is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Dont have a specific price range... So far I have looked at a new Range Rover, a H2, i just had to go see a 300 but never thought of getting one... I also looked at a used E class mercedes, and am gonna go look at a Infiniti this week...

poormanq45 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by elwesso
    99... Good post, I think you were being reasonable nad objective...
    I see that you're spreading the joy of Infiniti on here too.
    I finally found the place, wes

The 04 G35 is a very nice car ,IMO. Read good reviews about it in Motor trend and car & driver.

skides1 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Talking Re: 2nd Car Infiniti??

I had a neighbor who had 300Z that went 300K with nothing but tires and brakes! It had a completely digi dash and it was a goundbreaker as far as electronics.Why did I mention it: Given the fact that today's Nissan(Infiniti) g35, and the 350z are constructed using the same basic components(they won't tell you that)and engineering tolerances, the same reliabilty results should be comparable to my neighbors with a g35. Enter the x-factor. She was 50 with a mechanicaly inclined husband who treated that car like a baby. I am quite sure I could mechanicaly demolish that same car (even with the factory service intervals) since I always drive my cars like I stole them. AZscor ,sounds like drives like I do, buy your Brembo +1 eradispeed rotor upgrade and install a WOT AC compressor cutoff. High RPM kills a compressor. Just my opinion.
    BTW: 99,You sound like an Infiti Rep. And could somebody tell me how to Hijack a Thread?
    SS

99 SKALAID is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by skides1
    BTW: 99,You sound like an Infiti Rep. And could somebody tell me how to Hijack a Thread?
    SS

not sure if that is a compliment or not

and hijacking a thread is when you go off topic about something and someone else goes off topic and so on....

M STaR 013 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

get a CTS! you wont be disappointed with it. it has power, great acceleration, good leather seating and you can get the navi. mine doesn't, but i wish it does. check mine out with 20's maybe it will change your mind.

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/478170

Stoneage_Caddy is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Gobi 01 Frontier/Ishi 96 Nighthawk/Gladys 94 Deville I Loved

Thought id chip in on infiniti being an ex owner

I loved my 96 G20 and at its time consumer reports i belive rated it beatter than corolla or civic when it came to reliability ....

It had its faults , the suspension was detuned from the europe spec and i belive thats what caused the car to oversteer on a heavy set into corners .....its bad when a front drive car oversteers before it understeers .....otherwise stellar handleing ,a screamer of a 4cyl ,good tranny (outside the 5th gear popout issue) and eletrcial gremlin free ....

id say become a member of a G35 forum thats pretty heavy on members and keep tabs here with the cts guys and note the failures you see on each car , thats how i do my research

how is nico doing on g35 memers wes?

elwesso is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45

There arent a lot of G35 guys, its a pretty barren area of NICO... Most goto G35driver.com ..... Great forum there!

Jesda is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): An endless stream of Sevilles.

Too many damn people drive the G35, so I lost interest. I'd prefer a CTS or M45.

Vesicant is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): None :(

Quote Originally Posted by Jesda
    Too many damn people drive the G35, so I lost interest. I'd prefer a CTS or M45.
    Funny.. down here , you see way more Z's than you do G35's.

The CTS is becoming a common sight here too, but fortunately Cadillac designs are so unique that it doesnt matter.

Playdrv4me is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 1992 STS / 2005 MB G500 / 2008 Mini Cooper Clubman S

Quote Originally Posted by Hetrain
    Dont have a specific price range... So far I have looked at a new Range Rover, a H2, i just had to go see a 300 but never thought of getting one... I also looked at a used E class mercedes, and am gonna go look at a Infiniti this week...
    Uhh... do you have ANY idea what you want? How did you go from a G35 to a Range Rover??

If you are looking at a Range Rover, then get that, I see no question between that and the H2, but if you have that kind of cash, and you want a G35 type vehicle, then get an M45 or a CTS-V. Though I cant tell what on earth you are looking for. Then again, a new Range Rover costs 70k, just plop down another ten and get an E55 AMG.

The parts costs and repair frequency of a Range might be a problem (compared to any other full size truck)

elwesso is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45

I know a guy that works on range rovers for a living, and he said they are a PITA.. However, if its new, shouldnt be an issue... Just dump before warranty is over, british engines are notorious for leaking fluids!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.